The Famous Cyproheptadine Rebound

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Sup everyone,

As many of you already know, I am the guy (Amongst many others) who got "cured" by cyproheptadine usage.

But what "cure" am I referring to???

Well, specifically, POST-SSRI-Sexual Dysfunction symptoms (PSSD).

I contracted PSSD from Ashwagandha usage, amongst many other dudes unfortunately.

You can read my viral article here:
https://medium.com/@LucasAoun/ashwagandha-can-cause-anhedonia-pssd-blunted-emotions-and-apathy-97fb99855f28

Now, what I need help with is developing THEORIES, as to WHY CYPRO WORKS.

But it doesn't work when we dose it acutely.

In fact, a single dose of cyproheptadine (<1mg), will cause the following effects:
-Horrible libido.
-Fatigue.
-Ravenous appetite.
-Incredible digestion.
-Numbing of all my emotions.

BUT...... It's the REBOUND of cypro.... That CURES us of PSSD.

DAY 4 and 5 AFTER using 1mg of cypro, there's this incredible SNAPBACK effect....

Orgasm returns, no more blunted libido, everything amazing.

But WHY....

What is happening 4 days after Cypro?

I need help understanding how to replicate these effects.

My current theories are as follows:
1. Cortisol rebound (So how to test?)
2. 5-HT1A receptor modulation (So how to test?)
3. Histamine rebound?

Can anyone please try and explain what is going on here?

Thanks all, love you lots!

Murtaza

its probably the serotonin antagonizing properties of cypro that make you feel this way

Tarmander

This is gbolduev territory and all that anti-endocrinology stuff.

I am guessing it is the snap back in serotonin? Nothing I have come across mimic's cypro's snap back ability.

I remember when I tried Cypro my blood sugars would be so great while on it, and then the first night I stopped it was like holy crap blood sugars to the moon.

mrchibbs

This is gbolduev territory and all that anti-endocrinology stuff.

I am guessing it is the snap back in serotonin? Nothing I have come across mimic's cypro's snap back ability.

I remember when I tried Cypro my blood sugars would be so great while on it, and then the first night I stopped it was like holy crap blood sugars to the moon.

I experienced this, I’ve come to think that it might be interesting to take a low dose 0.5mg long term. I’m always using it in specific periods, but I’ve also seen some research which showed great benefits after long term antihistamine use (6+ months) And Ray often speaks of 0.5mg or 1mg at most.

Ableton

everything seems so grey on this drug. the only nice thing about it is that you safe toilet paper lol

mrchibbs

everything seems so grey on this drug. the only nice thing about it is that you safe toilet paper lol

I experience really calm uplifting mood on cypro. I take a low dose though.

Jessie

I think it has a delayed effect to it. Or more accurately speaking I guess a prolonged effect. The few times I've took it I took it at a 2mg dose and the antiserotonin effects seem to last 1-2 days after the first day of taking it. Having said that, if you look up cypro you'll find it has a fairly long list of potential side effects. Have you tried other serotonin antagonists? Many of the anti-stress aminos (glycine, lysine, theanine, taurine) work really good.

Sagitarrius90

All I know is I went from using 2-4 mg daily for 2 3 months stopped abruptly because I ran out and I had a massive rebound in cortisol serotonin like symptoms.

I'll try to ween off this time around but damn I gained tons of water weight and it was just horrible.

Sagitarrius90

is there any long term issues from stopping this stuff? ever since i've stopped i've developed cushing like symptoms (water weight, mostly in my face and chest, irritable, stresssed poor sleep)

Tarmander

is there any long term issues from stopping this stuff? ever since i've stopped i've developed cushing like symptoms (water weight, mostly in my face and chest, irritable, stresssed poor sleep)
that is interesting.

I remember when I tried cypro it was great for a few days before I crashed and started to have some of the symptoms you describe. IT really did feel like it was hammering down serotonin and cortisol

I really wonder if this stuff is just terrible to take long term for your weight and metabolism and should just be used for short term emergencies

Sagitarrius90

I honestly think so . When I first got it, it made me feel sleepy but now I don't notice too much of anything other than when I stop it which is only negative. I was taking cabergoline during Cypro so dopamine was unaffected

Andman

I honestly think so . When I first got it, it made me feel sleepy but now I don't notice too much of anything other than when I stop it which is only negative. I was taking cabergoline during Cypro so dopamine was unaffected

could be the cabergoline too tbh. long list of side effects if i remember correctly

Sagitarrius90

I was taking that for awhile .25 every 3 days no noticable weight gain or nothing then soon as I stopped cypro boom massive water retention and serotonin like symptoms. Havent been able to get rid of the water since

Andman

I was taking that for awhile .25 every 3 days no noticable weight gain or nothing then soon as I stopped cypro boom massive water retention and serotonin like symptoms. Havent been able to get rid of the water since

there have been a few similar reports in the idealabs cypro thread, might want to check it out. iirc the consensus was that cypro is a serotonin etc blocker, and once stopper could cause rebound - similar to arimidex/e2 for example

Sagitarrius90

Yeah for arimidex it's not really a rebound it just isn't bound to the receptor site any longer so once you're body start's to aromatize testosterone again it will turn into E2.

Cypro for my experience caused a rebond plus some - perhaps i did get a larger rebound since i was aggressively dieting before that which makes sense come to think of it.

Jessie

Cypro is just like aspirin, antibiotics, emodin, and acetazolamide. They're wonderful chemicals to rescue the faulty metabolism short-term, but you should definitely do them in cycles. Long term usage with any drugs will have unattended/undesirable consequences, even good drugs.

Might try upping you're potassium and taking vitamin E, they both assist in expelling excess water. Potassium via making the heart pump more efficiently, and vitamin E via lowering prolactin (which is known to cause edema).

mrchibbs

Cypro is just like aspirin, antibiotics, emodin, and acetazolamide. They're wonderful chemicals to rescue the faulty metabolism short-term, but you should definitely do them in cycles. Long term usage with any drugs will have unattended/undesirable consequences, even good drugs.

Might try upping you're potassium and taking vitamin E, they both assist in expelling excess water. Potassium via making the heart pump more efficiently, and vitamin E via lowering prolactin (which is known to cause edema).

I don't think aspirin needs to be cycled at all. The issues mentioned here are not related to aspirin.

In fact aspirin dissolved in hot water + baking soda is probably the best long term daily protection someone can use.

I don't experience the problems with cypro by taking 0.5mg daily.

Jessie

I don't think aspirin needs to be cycled at all. The issues mentioned here are not related to aspirin.

In fact aspirin dissolved in hot water + baking soda is probably the best long term daily protection someone can use.

I don't experience the problems with cypro by taking 0.5mg daily.
Yeah my own personal experience was good with cypro as well. But I've never used it longer then a few days at a time. 0.5mgs sounds like a very safe dose. I was under the impression most people used 2-4mgs daily.

That's interesting to know about the aspirin as well. What was the dosage you were using? The studies I've seen where aspirin was used in amounts 1 gram and higher were very short term. Also, what's the significance to dissolving it and adding baking soda? I've never heard of this before, does it synergize with the bicarbonate?

mrchibbs

Yeah my own personal experience was good with cypro as well. But I've never used it longer then a few days at a time. 0.5mgs sounds like a very safe dose. I was under the impression most people used 2-4mgs daily.

That's interesting to know about the aspirin as well. What was the dosage you were using? The studies I've seen where aspirin was used in amounts 1 gram and higher were very short term. Also, what's the significance to dissolving it and adding baking soda? I've never heard of this before, does it synergize with the bicarbonate?

Ray recommends 0.5mg-1mg and 2mg only for very ill (cancer people), and there's been discussions highlighting why he may be very cognizant of the potential side-effects of higher dosages. 0.5mg is enough to get the vast majority of benefits in terms of lowering stress hormones. And I think true healing requires extended periods of a better environment, and I think long term, low-dose cyproheptadine offsets many of the problems of chronic stress.

You are right though, that other things like theanine and glycine do many of the same things.

With respect to aspirin, dissolving it with sodium bicarbonate helps to prevent the potential stomach damage

Effect Of Sodium Bicarbonate On Aspirin-Induced Damage And Potential Difference Changes In Human Gastric Mucosa on JSTOR

dreamcatcher

On Wikipedia, it's stated that edema is one of the side effects.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom