Bulking with Sugars, Impossible?

Razvan

Can you guys bulk up in the gym without starch? What tips would you reccomend to gain muscle on the bulking phase without starch? I gain faster weight and i get better pumps with 500-600 grams of carbs from starches like potatoes and rice, but obviously the mental effects are awful compared to sugars, life is more boring and the brain is slower, i know all of this, that's why i always promote only sugar on this forum for people that don't do heavyweights, but since i'm on my bulking phase i would like to see some of you guys that do it without starch what tips and stuff do you incorporate. Open to new stuff. @Hans

OP
Razvan

Razvan

Why not just increase protein and/ or fat intake to reach the desired caloric goal?
Doesn't work with me, 4000-5000 calories from starch and the same from sugars and more protein and fat is different. I feel like calories in and calories out it isn't real atleast for me. The problem might come because starch goes to the glycogen in the muscles and sugars i feel like they go only to the brain and maybe liver.

TheSir

Doesn't work with me, 4000-5000 calories from starch and the same from sugars and more protein and fat is different. I feel like calories in and calories out it isn't real atleast for me. The problem might come because starch goes to the glycogen in the muscles and sugars i feel like they go only to the brain and maybe liver.
It could be because starches have twice as much glucose as white sugar. The other half is fructose which requires additional steps before it ends up in the muscles as glycogen (which may not be happening at all). You could try glucose syrup instead.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Can you guys bulk up in the gym without starch? What tips would you reccomend to gain muscle on the bulking phase without starch? I gain faster weight and i get better pumps with 500-600 grams of carbs from starches like potatoes and rice, but obviously the mental effects are awful compared to sugars, life is more boring and the brain is slower, i know all of this, that's why i always promote only sugar on this forum for people that don't do heavyweights, but since i'm on my bulking phase i would like to see some of you guys that do it without starch what tips and stuff do you incorporate. Open to new stuff. @Hans
Milk will be my number 1 recommendation. At least half a gallon per day. I do lots of milk and honey. Current diet is milk, meat, and honey for the most part. Egg shakes are also amazing.

GreekDemiGod

Yeah, I think that starches promote weight gain both in the short-term(increased water retention) and in the long-term.

Roni123@

Ray told me something where he said that the craving for starches is due to the inability to balance blood sugar due to the thyroid.

I emailed Ray saying that while I was starch free and consuming a lot of milk I was attracting women a lot and he told me that increasing the metabolic rate increases hormones and pheromones.

In an old test I ran out of starch, I was very hungry at the beginning and a certain sugar imbalance that was corrected after weeks without starch, I felt great and had a lot of energy.

Ray also spoke in one of his books that we should add food gradually to allow the enzymes to adapt to it.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Ray told me something where he said that the craving for starches is due to the inability to balance blood sugar due to the thyroid.

I emailed Ray saying that while I was starch free and consuming a lot of milk I was attracting women a lot and he told me that increasing the metabolic rate increases hormones and pheromones.

In an old test I ran out of starch, I was very hungry at the beginning and a certain sugar imbalance that was corrected after weeks without starch, I felt great and had a lot of energy.

Ray also spoke in one of his books that we should add food gradually to allow the enzymes to adapt to it.
Good stuff.

Share more if you can. What were you eating / drinking in the beginning and later and how did your meal timings change if they did.

Roni123@

Good stuff.

Share more if you can. What were you eating / drinking in the beginning and later and how did your meal timings change if they did.
I was living on orange juice, meat, eggs, caramelized fruit with a lot of white sugar and I was gradually added the milk at first, and I began to tolerate it. so later I decided to start a new test and I spent a month eating a lot of carbohydrates only from wheat and corn and I almost died from a huge endotoxin overload hahaha

blackface

@Razvan Bro, do you have any tips for lean bulking? When I start to eat in a caloric surplus I start to look puffy, bloated etc. Im 6"3 and 200 lbs so I need to pack some mass on.

LastingJoy

Hi, in my experience if a person has a high enough level of well being, they will not develop a "bulky" body, they will develop a relatively thin body compared to the bodies of fitness influencers who are often much more bulky and their muscles much rounder, a relatively thin, athletic body, with a high ratio of power and strength/relative to their weight, such as roy jones junior when he was young for example (if the person feels masculine), in this state a person has total satisfaction with his appearance.

Why would you want to be more bulky?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals