Best Topical Antifungal?

golder

Great find. There seems to be a lot of good anti fungal sprays entioned here now. With your expertise, what would you guys say is best? Thanks!

golder

Actually i just discoverd this

Schwarzkopf 3D Mension Anti-Dandruff Tonic 150 ml

it is basically zinc pyrithione with aqua/alcohol and 2 other ingredients

This also has parfum/perfume in it? I’m guessing that’s not ideal?

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

This also has parfum/perfume in it? I’m guessing that’s not ideal?

you're right, it's not a great product, but i like the idea of just zinc pyrithione in a liquid bottle of alcohol/water. shame they added a few more chemicals to it.

dermazinc drops would be ideal, seems hard to find though. it is just zinc pyrithione in alcohol.

kingsley scalp tonic seems best,
followed by dermazinc drops

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

kingsley scalp toner is 0.72% piroctone olamine

dermazinc drops are 0.25% zinc pyrithione

both are effective at destroying topical fungus

Maniek1300

I have used different shampoos and nothing helps me for longer. How about your itching and scales. I don't know how to remove the husk. If I remove it mechanically, it will come back in two days. I have had enough.

@johnwester130 I want to thank you so much for putting me onto Piroctone Olamine, I have been using Head & Shoulders Classic Clean which it contains and it has made a huge difference to my scalp health, and an added bonus is that it has removed a stubborn (I mean Years long) skin rash on my upper torso, to the point this Summer I can confidently walk around topless, this is awesome. I leave it on for 10-15 minutes before showering and it took about 4 weeks solid application. This rash was never successfully diagnosed by my GP, hence the Years of suffering from it.

I have also been, with the exception of sleep wearing a beanie style hat for increasing body temperature, this must be what it is like to have a 'full' head of hair @GorillaHead

Last edited:

golder

Just added some olamine powder to the dermazinc spray. What’s the best way to use it do you think? Half an hour soak before showering? Pre bed to leave on all night? Thanks for your insight throughout this thread!

dukesbobby777

it's not perfect

you can buy the olamine powder and make your own solution in alcohol, if you preferred

Thanks. What sort of alcohol solution would you go for just out of interest? Pure ethanol seems expensive from a short cursory search I did.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
In the US, Head and Shoulders Classic Clean shampoo contains Pyrithione zinc 1% and no piroctone olamine, unfortunately.

Scenes

Is this working for anybody? @johnwester130 how about that post you made re retin A or low dose accurate to reduce the sebum without directly tackling the fungus?

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

Is this working for anybody? @johnwester130 how about that post you made re retin A or low dose accurate to reduce the sebum without directly tackling the fungus?

that is a famous post from hairlosstalk by a man saying sebum causes baldness

I was just sharing it, I never took it that seriously

NextLevel_

Haidut's oxidal (methylene blue) is the best thing i have ever used for skin fungus. I have had skin fungus on and off for over 20 years. I had tried stressnon (pregnenolone) earlier. And it was effective, but not nearly as good as methylene blue.
How did you use it? Straight on infected spots or internally?

Yes but lauric acid and caprylic acid should take care of any fungal activity.

Edit: My mistake it seems for malassezia specifically caprylic acid is very good but lauric acid might not be good for this specific fungi, so MCT probably better choice but I will dig a bit deeper. Interesting topic. Lauric acid is so good internally, and MCT oil causes problems taken orally, it might be different topically.
What other common oils would satisfy this criteria to not potentially exacerbate the issue if it is indeed malassezia? Olive oil?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals