tankasnowgod

its interesting you talk about the weight loss thing, i gained like 20 lbs when i first started taking it. Dropped starch in july and since then ive lost 30 lbs and gained lean muscle while staying on the same dose.

Very cool. How long were you on cypro before you dropped starch? And the dose?

It makes sense since it lowers/opposes serotonin, and ACTH. Cypro is used as a treatment for Cushing's in higher doses, so it does seem like it has the possibility for weight/fat loss, and/or gaining lean mass. I'm wondering if there is a certain amount of time you have to be on cypro before weight loss happens, if that's something that would be beneficial.

From my understanding, the issues with weight gain are probably more related to the Anti-Histimine action, and possibly the Anti-Cholonergic actions. More "pure" serotonin antagonists don't have weight gain as a side effect, and some of the dopamine agonists (like bromocriptine) are helpful for weight loss.

Edit- Ah, after I wrote this, I see you were doing about 1mg cypro for about a year, plus some bromocriptine. So, I guess it was a few months before you dropped the starch.

GreekDemiGod

I personally found using it daily for a few weeks builds good tolerance to the fogginess side effect and only the benefits remain.

I wish I never started taking cyproheptadine, I've been trying to get off it for months. The withdrawal is so intense

Murtaza

Very cool. How long were you on cypro before you dropped starch? And the dose?

It makes sense since it lowers/opposes serotonin, and ACTH. Cypro is used as a treatment for Cushing's in higher doses, so it does seem like it has the possibility for weight/fat loss, and/or gaining lean mass. I'm wondering if there is a certain amount of time you have to be on cypro before weight loss happens, if that's something that would be beneficial.

From my understanding, the issues with weight gain are probably more related to the Anti-Histimine action, and possibly the Anti-Cholonergic actions. More "pure" serotonin antagonists don't have weight gain as a side effect, and some of the dopamine agonists (like bromocriptine) are helpful for weight loss.

Edit- Ah, after I wrote this, I see you were doing about 1mg cypro for about a year, plus some bromocriptine. So, I guess it was a few months before you dropped the starch.
I actually started taking cypro early 2018, was intially taking 4mg everyday. At that time i was in hostel for uni so my diet was mostly cafeteria food.
i actually made a thread about it :-

Thread 'My Cypro Experience'
My Cypro Experience

Started taking bromo about a year ago, i feel like this low dose anti serotonin/pro dopamine stack can do wonders for a host of issues.

tankasnowgod

I actually started taking cypro early 2018, was intially taking 4mg everyday. At that time i was in hostel for uni so my diet was mostly cafeteria food.

My Cypro Experience

Started taking bromo about a year ago, i feel like this low dose anti serotonin/pro dopamine stack can do wonders for a host of issues.

Awesome, I will read through this thread soon.

Wolf

I was doing 1mg/day alongside the BCAA/tyrosine protocol and suffered no ill effects.

ilhanxx

lower dosage(0.5-1mg) give fogginess, but higher dosage(3-5mg) well tolerated and life saving effect (prakten syrup)

GreekDemiGod

What benefits did you notice?

Extremely refreshing uninterrupted sleep.​

I would sleep up to 10hrs without interruption.

Low brain Serotonin​

This was something I could rarely perceive, but when it happened, it was magic. Optimist and a more zest for life. Probably reduction of endotoxin.

anxiolytic​

OP
Outdoctrination

Extremely refreshing uninterrupted sleep.​

I would sleep up to 10hrs without interruption.

Low brain Serotonin​

This was something I could rarely perceive, but when it happened, it was magic. Optimist and a more zest for life. Probably reduction of endotoxin.

anxiolytic​

That's awesome. Do you drink coffee in the mornings and if so did that help with the fogginess?

OP
Outdoctrination

My Cypro Experience

Great read, super happy for you. What differences did you notice from taking cypro alone vs cypro + bromo?

Hermes

It's the second week I take 0.5 mg to 1.5 mg cyproheptadine. So far noticed: more levelheaded, better intuition, less stressed about minor things. Especially after a good nights sleep I'll feel really tired again mid afternoon.

Murtaza

Great read, super happy for you. What differences did you notice from taking cypro alone vs cypro + bromo?
Honestly when i started taking cypro it was nothing short of a miracle for me, it brought me out of a rut. ive always been very curious trying different supplements for different reasons from a very young age, but of all the things ive ever tried cypro was the one i actually felt the most. id say cypro alone is all anyone would need, it changed patterns in my life, i became more emotionally stable and outgoing, felt like i had a purpose in life.

Last year i had a dermatitis flare up on my scalp, tried different shampoos and what not. Even tried antibiotics for a while but to no avail so i emailed Ray and he said it could be due to elevated prolactin. Thats when i started taking low dose bromocriptine and dermatitis cleared up within a few weeks. At that time i was also trying to drink atleast two litres of milk but it would give digestive issues, bromo fixed that too and im sure it was bromo because at that time i was only taking taking bromo and cypro. Funny thing is now some days ill actually miss a dose of cypro but i make sure to never miss bromo since its become essential for my digestive health. life feels good when you have good bowel movements, atleast for me :)

Hermes

That's a great testimony. And similarly I tried form a young age different kinds of supplements. I remember as a kid how I ate seaweed the first time or peanut butter. Later how a cigarette felt. It's kind of odd to have all those experiences and later learn how food actually influences you in a fundamental why (which as a kid I'd only intuited). As for the cypro it's probably a little early to tell how it's affecting me. It's doing something very broad, It's not like a ritalin or anything nasty that is in your face. Cypro is maybe broadening the view. But again, I'm just one week in it.

I used to supplement Bromocriptine but stopped a long time ago. Really interesting that you combine the too. Where do you get it from if you don't mind sharing? I really can't remember the URL of the webpage. It was some British pharmacy that had a really simple interface. Something like qhi.co.uk?!

edit: It's down: https://pharmacysearch.net/Qhi.co.uk To bad b/c I would sometimes also get piracetam from them when I was big into Nootropics.

Murtaza

That's a great testimony. And similarly I tried form a young age different kinds of supplements. I remember as a kid how I ate seaweed the first time or peanut butter. Later how a cigarette felt. It's kind of odd to have all those experiences and later learn how food actually influences you in a fundamental why (which as a kid I'd only intuited). As for the cypro it's probably a little early to tell how it's affecting me. It's doing something very broad, It's not like a ritalin or anything nasty that is in your face. Cypro is maybe broadening the view. But again, I'm just one week in it.

I used to supplement Bromocriptine but stopped a long time ago. Really interesting that you combine the too. Where do you get it from if you don't mind sharing? I really can't remember the URL of the webpage. It was some British pharmacy that had a really simple interface. Something like qhi.co.uk?!

edit: It's down: https://pharmacysearch.net/Qhi.co.uk To bad b/c I would sometimes also get piracetam from them when I was big into Nootropics.
Yeah i concur, cypro is very subtle in the sense you wont feel its effects straight away but after you’ve taken it for a while you’ll realize how far you’ve come from where you started.

and i get bromo from my local pharmacy

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals