June

Hi guys! I'm asking for my mother but why would Artichoke extract make the stool colour go from brown to yellow? I thought it was suppose to help bile flow. And yellow stool would indicate lack of bile no? So what is this extract doing if not improving that? Should she continue? She originally has issues with malabsorption and constipation but never yellow stools. Why is this changing?

miquelangeles

Artichoke is more a choleretic than a cholagogue. Did she get an ultrasound to rule out gallstones or a possible blocked bile duct?
Abdominal massage is very effective for the issues you mentioned, but shouldn't be done without an ultrasound first, in her case.

OP
J

June

Artichoke is more a choleretic than a cholagogue. Did she get an ultrasound to rule out gallstones or a possible blocked bile duct?
Abdominal massage is very effective for the issues you mentioned, but shouldn't be done without an ultrasound first, in her case.
Thanks for this. Unfortunately she hasn't had the chance to get an ultrasound. Is it possible it is diluting the bile causing it to transit quickly through intestines? She doesn't experience any other unwanted symptoms. Would beets be a better option to release bile?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals