Are There Women Here,who Eat 3000Cals. Or More Daily?

Dutchie

Are there women who eat 3000 or more Calories daily?
If so,what do you eat daily also macro-wise and how active are you?

(kinda like what has been talked about a lot at 180degrees by various people,to eat at least 3000cals daily)

OP
D

Dutchie

gretchen said:
I don't personally feel I need more than about 2,000 calories a day.
Yeah,but thats the thing,you tink/feel you dont need more than "x amount of cals,but his reasoning is that. If you still need supplements,ligths,no steady body temp etc.that youre not eating enough of good foods.

4peatssake

Dutchie said:
gretchen said:
Yeah,but thats the thing,you tink/feel you dont need more than "x amount of cals,but his reasoning is that. If you still need supplements,ligths,no steady body temp etc.that youre not eating enough of good foods.
Dutchie, can you show me where Ray Peat says this? Thank you!

MrMoose63

4peatssake said:
Dutchie said:
gretchen said:

I'm pretty sure this isn't a Peat thing... more Matt Stoneesque, Billy Craig or Eatopia style. Ray's comments on calories are pretty sparse from what I've seen.

4peatssake

MrMoose63 said:
I'm pretty sure this isn't a Peat thing... more Matt Stoneesque, Billy Craig or Eatopia style. Ray's comments on calories are pretty sparse from what I've seen.
Thank you Mr. Moose! It didn't ring true for me and not fully aligned with Ray's dietary recommendations.

OP
D

Dutchie

I never said it came from Ray. I said it came from a health practitioner who based eating on a ray peat diet.

Jenn

I have no idea how many calories I eat. I can only digest so much. I am trying to think if I could hit that number eating hagen daz. A "not a quart anymore" size of chocolate contains 1,820 calories. I just ate half or more for breakfast (my largest meal of the day, usually.) Could I eat the rest of the container and then eat another one today? Very unlikely, and I am an ice cream queen. My metabolism is better in the summer. I had an avocado and a pint of strawberry last night. I was hungry and slept like a babe.

There are probably a few days when I hit the mark, but not very often, usually more like 1500-2000/day.

OP
D

Dutchie

Jenn said:
I have no idea how many calories I eat. I can only digest so much. I am trying to think if I could hit that number eating hagen daz. A "not a quart anymore" size of chocolate contains 1,820 calories. I just ate half or more for breakfast (my largest meal of the day, usually.) Could I eat the rest of the container and then eat another one today? Very unlikely, and I am an ice cream queen. My metabolism is better in the summer. I had an avocado and a pint of strawberry last night. I was hungry and slept like a babe.

There are probably a few days when I hit the mark, but not very often, usually more like 1500-2000/day.
I seem to notice too that overall digestion,energy,food toleraance is better in spring/summer depending on weather. I think its bc of the sun,which probably stimulates vit.d better bc my rubbing it on the skin doesnt seem to have such a strong impact.

4peatssake

Dutchie said:
I never said it came from Ray. I said it came from a health practitioner who based eating on a ray peat diet.
Sorry Dutchie but it wasn't fully clear to me where this idea came from. I know you mentioned "various people" talking about it on 180 degrees but then said "his reasoning" and I wanted to know for sure where this "reasoning" came from.

I would hate to see new people thinking they need to load up on 3,0000 calories - whether, man or woman.

Much as I love my hagen dazs coffee ice cream!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Matt Stone does not base his "diet" off Ray Peat does he?

MrMoose63

Matt Stone shares many of the underlying principles of Ray, but has taken his diet recommendations in a different direction. I would say his recommendations would tend to pair up with a "loose" interpretation of Peat.

4peatssake

Charlie said:
Matt Stone does not base his "diet" off Ray Peat does he?
Haven't a clue. Never listened to him and aware of him only from the little I've read about him here and much of that being criticism of his promotion of starches.

Personally, I think it's very important for us to separate the Peat from the chaff. :lol:

:2cents

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Ahh ok. Thanks for the clarification, MrMoose. :hattip

Kelly

When I felt my absolute worst last fall, I ate 3000-3800 calories each day for about 2 weeks. It was around Thanksgiving and believe it or not zero of the calories came from any liquids. Lots of turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, lots and lots of pumpkin pie, jars of almond butter (I was not yet aware of Peat), bananas, chocolate, loads of whipped cream. I didn't do it because of anything I read or heard about, my body just needed it. I felt phenomenal. Eating that now would make me feel horrible, I get around 2,000 calories a day now I'd guess. I feel those 2 weeks were a huge part of healing the acute health problems I had put myself in with paleo. Doing the Peat stuff has greatly improved the chronic issues.

OP
D

Dutchie

Kelly said:
When I felt my absolute worst last fall, I ate 3000-3800 calories each day for about 2 weeks. It was around Thanksgiving and believe it or not zero of the calories came from any liquids. Lots of turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, lots and lots of pumpkin pie, jars of almond butter (I was not yet aware of Peat), bananas, chocolate, loads of whipped cream. I didn't do it because of anything I read or heard about, my body just needed it. I felt phenomenal. Eating that now would make me feel horrible, I get around 2,000 calories a day now I'd guess. I feel those 2 weeks were a huge part of healing the acute health problems I had put myself in with paleo. Doing the Peat stuff has greatly improved the chronic issues.

Thanx 4 the reply Kelly.
Do you mean by ' Eating that now would make me feel horrible' the actual foods or that amount of calories? And by horrible do you mean physical,energy or emotional/mental/mood issues?

Kelly

I mean to say I only ate that much because I was hungry for that much. I always feel awful when I eat more than I'm hungry for. I'm not super familiar with Stone's strategy, but I thought I read somewhere that you're supposed to eat when you're hungry, until you're satiated, then one more bite. That's what I do, and following how I feel with that has me at about 2000 calories now.

OP
D

Dutchie

4peatssake said:
Dutchie said:
gretchen said:

Coincidentally I stumbled upon this quote from Ray in an article on the site of Lita Lee:

"Muscle meats and liver contain too much tryptophan for an adult if those are the main protein source, and will contribute to hypothyroidism, etc., but when the metabolic rate is optimal, most adults who aren't completely sedentary probably should have around 130 to 150 grams. If their calorie consumption is around 3000 kcal per day, that's about 25% of the calories as protein. "

Apparently,3000cals doesn't seem so strange to Ray.
I only wonder what he regards as "sedentary" and "not being completely sedentary"?

J

j.

Dutchie said:
I only wonder what he regards as "sedentary" and "not being completely sedentary"?

My guess is that sedentary is someone who sits at the computer all day and doesn't even walk but drives to go to the grocery store. Someone who walks a bit more might be "not complete sedentary".

4peatssake

Dutchie said:
Coincidentally I stumbled upon this quote from Ray in an article on the site of Lita Lee:

"Muscle meats and liver contain too much tryptophan for an adult if those are the main protein source, and will contribute to hypothyroidism, etc., but when the metabolic rate is optimal, most adults who aren't completely sedentary probably should have around 130 to 150 grams. If their calorie consumption is around 3000 kcal per day, that's about 25% of the calories as protein. "

Apparently,3000cals doesn't seem so strange to Ray.
He's pretty clear of the context, though - underlined above.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals