Are There Women Here,who Eat 3000Cals. Or More Daily?

OP
D

Dutchie

4peatssake said:
Dutchie said:
Coincidentally I stumbled upon this quote from Ray in an article on the site of Lita Lee:

"Muscle meats and liver contain too much tryptophan for an adult if those are the main protein source, and will contribute to hypothyroidism, etc., but when the metabolic rate is optimal, most adults who aren't completely sedentary probably should have around 130 to 150 grams. If their calorie consumption is around 3000 kcal per day, that's about 25% of the calories as protein. "

Apparently,3000cals doesn't seem so strange to Ray.
He's pretty clear of the context, though - underlined above.
Im not exactly sure what u mean by this,but im guessing u mean you first have to get metabolism up?bc from what i read most of you dont sit all day long,in fact some even have physical jobs. So,i expected them to at. Least or consume even more daily.
But i get the point,i only wonder if its not a cycle you unsubconsciously are stuck in bc you never raise calories,so no raised metabolism when eating to satiety/hunger/fullness etc.?
I also wonder when you know metabolism is up,apart from temp/pulse bc they can be false indicators in some cases as well?

@j do you really think its that black&white that sitting much of the. Day with a bit of walking with high metabolism requires that many cals for (leanish) maintenance? Now,in another peat interview i read he feels best with 150gr.of protein yet he says hes a sedentary person. So,based on his quote above he must eat around 3000 too then?i wonder what his activity is li?e on a day and if he still eats this way since quotes are older,especially given his age?

Jenn

Your calories are determined by your metabolism, not your activity. Activity may or may not help improve your metabolism. You cannot force feed yourself to increase your metabolism, that's like flooding an engine.

OP
D

Dutchie

Jenn said:
Your calories are determined by your metabolism, not your activity. Activity may or may not help improve your metabolism. You cannot force feed yourself to increase your metabolism, that's like flooding an engine.
Various peat practitioners seem to think otherwise.
I dont know,maybe im gonna find out soon.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Dutchie said:
Jenn said:
Various peat practitioners seem to think otherwise.
I dont know,maybe im gonna find out soon.

Whom are these Ray Peat practitioners that you speak of?

mimi

Freelee, a high carb, high fruit eating vegan, managed to get up her metabolism by eating shitloads of fruit, esp. dates, bananas and nowadays coconut sugar, extremely low fat (= virtually no PUFA, def. below 6g a day), and at least 3000, sometimes more like 3500/40000kcal a day (my guess is that eating that amount of kcal was very important to get enough protein in; the diet is still lower in protein than most Peat-inspired people get in a day, at least that's what I've noticed so far.)
http://thebananagirl.com/
http://www.30bananasaday.com/profile/freelee (watch out, my speakers were on high volume and the music hit my ears pretty hard! ha!)

My personal experience:
I was a fruitarian/high carb vegan once. For quite a while.
I got hypothyroid. And FAT. And depressed.
I was eating a lot of fruit as well, but all I got was worse. :(
People (from the fruitarian community) continued telling me I should be patient and that everything will be fine in the end, that I should stick to eating a lot of fruit etc. – But I listened to my body and quit.
I personally think I was severely deficient in Vitamins D, K, A, D and protein. I also got a lot better when I incorporated some saturated fats back in again. (The diet is also pretty low in calcium and iron; both a disadvantage and an advantage, I guess; I developed tooth decay, so my guess is I was really not getting in enough fat soluble vitamins and calcium.)
Nowadays I don't crave fat anymore. Actually, I don't crave anything at the moment, but I'm also not really enjoying food anymore, it's kinda sad. Interestingly, I lost most of the weight I had gained eating more fat and protein, I am also under the impression, that my thyroid got better for some time; now it's suboptimal again (dry skin, edema, fatigue, a bit depressed and so on). For me, the "truth" is somewhere in between, I just need to figure things out on my own.
What I don't get is why some people get away with drinking so much water, especially when they are not eating salt. :shock:

OP
D

Dutchie

mimi said:
Freelee, a high carb, high fruit eating vegan, managed to get up her metabolism by eating shitloads of fruit, esp. dates, bananas and nowadays coconut sugar, extremely low fat (= virtually no PUFA, def. below 6g a day), and at least 3000, sometimes more like 3500/40000kcal a day (my guess is that eating that amount of kcal was very important to get enough protein in; the diet is still lower in protein than most Peat-inspired people get in a day, at least that's what I've noticed so far.)
http://thebananagirl.com/
http://www.30bananasaday.com/profile/freelee (watch out, my speakers were on high volume and the music hit my ears pretty hard! ha!)

My personal experience:
I was a fruitarian/high carb vegan once. For quite a while.
I got hypothyroid. And FAT. And depressed.
I was eating a lot of fruit as well, but all I got was worse. :(
People (from the fruitarian community) continued telling me I should be patient and that everything will be fine in the end, that I should stick to eating a lot of fruit etc. – But I listened to my body and quit.
I personally think I was severely deficient in Vitamins D, K, A, D and protein. I also got a lot better when I incorporated some saturated fats back in again. (The diet is also pretty low in calcium and iron; both a disadvantage and an advantage, I guess; I developed tooth decay, so my guess is I was really not getting in enough fat soluble vitamins and calcium.)
Nowadays I don't crave fat anymore. Actually, I don't crave anything at the moment, but I'm also not really enjoying food anymore, it's kinda sad. Interestingly, I lost most of the weight I had gained eating more fat and protein, I am also under the impression, that my thyroid got better for some time; now it's suboptimal again (dry skin, edema, fatigue, a bit depressed and so on). For me, the "truth" is somewhere in between, I just need to figure things out on my own.
What I don't get is why some people get away with drinking so much water, especially when they are not eating salt. :shock:

Yeah,I've seen some videos by this Freelee girl.....honestly I think she comes across as somewhat of an airhead to me and yes she's lean but I don't like her composition,imho she looks like a skinnyfat.
I'd probably wouldn't even last one week eating only fruits,to me it seems it would get boring very soon.

I can relate I've totally fallen off the wagon last couple of weeks,grossing myself out by the thousands of calories I eat away of shitty foods even when I'm not hungry,yet things like edema,dry skin,mood,energy and other symptoms change by the day,so I have no idea when I'm not doing my gut,liver&body any favor.
All of my own inadequacy and general disdain of not having a life...meaning to be able to move on in life again by doing a study so I could start on my own.

One thing I do seem to notice is these shredded coconutbars (inspired by the OSKRI bars) I make,do a way better job at cleaning out toxins and general bowelmovement than the carrot or bambooshoots ever had!