The Single BIGGEST Source Of ALL Health Issues NO ONE TALKS ABOUT

I’m dissapointed people are leaning towards orthorexic diets like raw primal on here. I came to Peat to get away from that and here people are propogating the idea plant foods are “poison”.

Fresh raw meat is awesome, I look forward to eating it when I get my next farm animal. But to tell people cooked plant and meat foods are poison is irresponsible as it just breeds senseless neuroticisms, some foods are of course better than other but to insinuate you are damaging yourself from cooked foods is terrible to say. People can find health in a variety of foods and it’s particularly offensive to see that stuff posted on a peat forum.

Saying all bacteria on raw meats is good for you is very irresponsible. I got very ill from raw beef at one time. But raw primal folks would just call that “detox”.

T

TheBeard

I’m dissapointed people are leaning towards orthorexic diets like raw primal on here. I came to Peat to get away from that and here people are propogating the idea plant foods are “poison”.

Fresh raw meat is awesome, I look forward to eating it when I get my next farm animal. But to tell people cooked plant and meat foods are poison is irresponsible as it just breeds senseless neuroticisms, some foods are of course better than other but to insinuate you are damaging yourself from cooked foods is terrible to say. People can find health in a variety of foods and it’s particularly offensive to see that stuff posted on a peat forum.

Saying all bacteria on raw meats is good for you is very irresponsible. I got very ill from raw beef at one time. But raw primal folks would just call that “detox”.

You just signed up today.
Just relax for one second instead of chain-posting, and don't think you are disappointed yet.

You will find plenty of threads on this forum that will confirm your views, and hopefully make you feel more comfortable.

Just disregard those that stir up your beliefs too much.

Welcome on board and most importantly again...relax.

You just signed up today.
Just relax for one second instead of chain-posting, and don't think you are disappointed yet.

You will find plenty of threads on this forum that will confirm your views, and hopefully make you feel more comfortable.

Just disregard those that stir up your beliefs too much.

Welcome on board and most importantly again...relax.

I was a member here before, we had an interaction and you pulled the same crap telling me to relax when I confronted you about making such statements. condescending every time you are challenged. You offer bad advice and when called out on it refuse every time to provide more info, to me and others. I suspect you reported me as well to ban me, but that may have just been the megalomaniac Charlie being himself.

Afaic I think many of your posts are a net negative. You aren’t forthcoming and when called on it pull the same song and dance about it being the other person’s problem, which is true to an extent, but also systemic in your regard.

T

TheBeard

I was a member here before, we had an interaction and you pulled the same crap telling me to relax when I confronted you about making such statements. condescending every time you are challenged. You offer bad advice and when called out on it refuse every time to provide more info, to me and others. I suspect you reported me as well to ban me, but that may have just been the megalomaniac Charlie being himself.

Afaic I think many of your posts are a net negative. You aren’t forthcoming and when called on it pull the same song and dance about it being the other person’s problem, which is true to an extent, but also systemic in your regard.

You keep making the argument personal, I don't see any content, ever.

moringa

I dropped the test.
I'm feeling just as anabolic with raw meat

How much raw meat per day do you eat?

What else do you eat? raw milk, raw eggs?

Aajonus was big on veggie juices as well, he considered them medicinal in various %.

To avoid scurvy not much ascorbic acid is needed. So eating frozen meat would provide enough of the vitamin C needed to prevent onset of scurvy. But if they ate beef jerky as a lifestyle for example, especially made under high heat, they would be more likely to develop scurvy than when they eat fresh meat, as the dried meat contains even less ascorbic acid. I'm just citing an extreme example just to make a point.

I watched a movie about Andes Accident yesterday and it made me interested in survivors health condition. They had scurvy. After the rescue they were treated for scurvy.

"En los Andes, soñaba con una naranja. Moríamos por tomar un licuado de frutilla. Es el escorbuto. Teníamos la necesidad de comer algo ácido. Estábamos con las encías sangrantes."

In the recent interview of a survivor he says that he was dreaming about an orange or strawberry smothie. And they felt necessity to eat something acidic. Their gums were bleeding he says. It was scurvy.

They ate raw frozen human bodies, after all the muscle meat was gone their ate the organs.

Well we can reasonably argue that they were in extreme conditions and probably it rised the demand for vit C.
They ate 15 bodies to the bones. Let's say one body is about 70 kg and about 10 kg are bones. So they consumed 900 kg of raw human flesh and organs. They started to eat dead bodies on 10th days, its 62 days of eating raw human meat 14.5 kg per day approximately. To keep calculation simple we say it's about a kilo a day for every survivor. It didn't prevent scurvy.

boris

Again, more raw primal talking points. You don’t have any proof aside from what he wrote and he never provided any references aside from the fact him and others do it.

You know people who know him say he sometimes got really bad food poisoning? Someone who attended one of his talks at a house in California said he was quite ill at the time. Gatis and his gf both got food poisoning and never made a video about it, I found out second hand from a girl who was with them that day.

Pls stop repeating this stuff

Here he talks about getting food poisoning from raw bone marrow (from 4:30):

yerrag

I watched a movie about Andes Accident yesterday and it made me interested in survivors health condition. They had scurvy. After the rescue they were treated for scurvy.

"En los Andes, soñaba con una naranja. Moríamos por tomar un licuado de frutilla. Es el escorbuto. Teníamos la necesidad de comer algo ácido. Estábamos con las encías sangrantes."

In the recent interview of a survivor he says that he was dreaming about an orange or strawberry smothie. And they felt necessity to eat something acidic. Their gums were bleeding he says. It was scurvy.

They ate raw frozen human bodies, after all the muscle meat was gone their ate the organs.

Well we can reasonably argue that they were in extreme conditions and probably it rised the demand for vit C.
They ate 15 bodies to the bones. Let's say one body is about 70 kg and about 10 kg are bones. So they consumed 900 kg of raw human flesh and organs. They started to eat dead bodies on 10th days, its 62 days of eating raw human meat 14.5 kg per day approximately. To keep calculation simple we say it's about a kilo a day for every survivor. It didn't prevent scurvy.
But humans, as well as guinea pigs, don't produce vitamin C. So eating humans didn't provide the survivors with vitamin C.

Last edited:

Waynish

You think it is a K2 qualify issue and you haven't tried Kuinone yet? Definitely let us know if you have the same experience with it... Or if your experience of K2 getting old is as consistent as your original description. I hope he makes a bottle with a slower dropper for Kuinone soon :)

It'd probably be optimal for supplements to be stored in a freezer, especially the kind dissolved in water or oils.

Freezing basically acts as a time machine. Freezing itself has no degrading effects on the vitamin itself (as far as I know), and will completely block any and all aging the compound would naturally experience if left at room temperature.

I mean, food can be stored indefinitely when frozen, besides freezer burn (which has no effect on the actual nutrition of the food). It's the same thing with vitamins.

I'd suggest storing every vitamin supplement one has in the freezer. If it's in an oil or aqueous solution, place it on a counter an hour before use, and then put it back in the freezer after you've dosed. Just make sure it's tightly sealed. This might be a little inconvenient to have to plan out your dosing beforehand, but one dosing daily on a set schedule it's fine, and completely protects the vitamin/compound you're taking.

This is probably completely unnecessary for most mineral supplements though (like magnesium citrate). This is mostly useful for vitamins, steroids, and drugs. And even then most of these are stable at room temp. But freezing doesn't hurt and can protect some from being destroyed.

B

Blaze

E Coli, Salmonella are plenty healthy, and grow on raw foods.
People getting sick from spinach is more likely due to oxalates overdose, and the overall fact that greens are not meant for humans.

Trichinosis: another very important one.
When they gave trichinosis to people who had severe depression and eczema, their health improved tremendously after being inoculated with trichinosis.

Look into Aajonus Vonderplanitz if you want to educate yourself to that topic

Peoples gut reaction (pun intended) is to strongly disagree with your statement about salmonella and e.coli . On it's face it seems ridiculous that they could be friendly bacteria. That being said, you are not wrong when taken in the context you mean to imply............ they are part of the normal healthy gut flora of mammals. Would've been more helpful if you distinguished between the normal strains and pathogenic strains instead of painting all as "plenty healthy". The subject is certainly more complex than your statement implied. And it's mostly the number of those "pretty healthy" bacteria consumed that also determines whether a pathological infection will result or not. The body can handle a certain bacterial load and still thrive. Exceeding the bodies capacity with larger numbers of the same bacteria can bring dire results. But again, you are not wrong when taken in context.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TheBeard

Peoples gut reaction (pun intended) is to strongly disagree with your statement about salmonella and e.coli . On it's face it seems ridiculous that they could be friendly bacteria. That being said, you are not wrong when taken in the context you mean to imply............ they are part of the normal healthy gut flora of mammals. Would've been more helpful if you distinguished between the normal strains and pathogenic strains instead of painting all as "plenty healthy". The subject is certainly more complex than your statement implied. And it's mostly the number of those "pretty healthy" bacteria consumed that also determines whether a pathological infection will result or not. The body can handle a certain bacterial load and still thrive. Exceeding the bodies capacity with larger numbers of the same bacteria can bring dire results. But again, you are not wrong when taken in context.

There is no "normal strain" and "pathogenic strains", this is a construction of the mind and has no bearing in a living organism.
All strains have a janitor role.
How bad you react to them depends on your toxic load.
There's no need to "complexify" things, nature is indeed very simple and its principles very easy to follow.

If it were hard, not many species would have survived for millions of years.

Do you see the lions going to their cubs: "oh don't eat that part of the gazelle, it's probably full of bad strain of bacteria".

Or the ant: "oh I'll get sick if I eat that part of the coackcroach"

GelatinGoblin

There is no "normal strain" and "pathogenic strains", this is a construction of the mind and has no bearing in a living organism.
All strains have a janitor role.
How bad you react to them depends on your toxic load.
There's no need to "complexify" things, nature is indeed very simple and its principles very easy to follow.

If it were hard, not many species would have survived for millions of years.

Do you see the lions going to their cubs: "oh don't eat that part of the gazelle, it's probably full of bad strain of bacteria".

Or the ant: "oh I'll get sick if I eat that part of the coackcroach"

Different organism different immune system different digestion
A human is not built to eat the guts of animals, troll

B

Blaze

No one ever died from raw spoiled food.
Only cooked spoiled food. The bacteria becomes toxic when it grows on cooked food.
It's healthy when it grows on raw food.
You ever died from eating Roquefort cheese?

No one ever died from raw spoiled food. (mouth hanging open)

You are very intelligent and make a lot of good points and then destroy all credence by showing you will say anything to win an argument by contradicting whatever point is being made by others. It is certainly plausible that there are some pathogens that can grow on raw meat that won't kill you and equally certain that there are bacteria that can grow on raw meat that can indeed kill you. Especially in humans as many carnivore animals have a much more acidic digestive juices which allows them some protection.

Quelsatron

In my health journey over the past 5 years, I've gotten little clues here and there on what I now believe is the BIGGEST and most OVERLOOKED health problem affecting us all. I've never been able to fully identify it until now.

This huge problem is freshness. Or rather, lack of freshness.

And I don't mean this in some 'woo-woo freshness is just better' way, I mean it in a very scientific way.

While many tout the health benefits of certain vitamins and nutrients, I rarely see any discussion on how much nutrition is left in the food by the time you actually eat it.

One of my first clues was an observation of my "disease" (Behcet's) that is acutely sensitive to Vitamin K2 MK4. Simply put: when I am ACTUALLY getting this Vitamin, I literally have absolutely ZERO symptoms to the point where I don't even have the "disease". After exactly 3 weeks of opening a new bottle of Thorne K2 however, the symptoms come roaring back until I open a brand new bottle. The only explanation for this is that within 3 weeks, the K2 has degraded to the point where I am simply using a worthless bottle of MCT oil. You might have noticed I put disease in quotes because I am certain at this point that this disease is really just a lifetime of K2 MK4 deficiency (which makes a LOT more sense now considering that the ONLY source of K2 MK4 in the world is FRESH grass fed and finished meat/eggs/dairy, and it is extremely difficult to acquire this, and literally IMPOSSIBLE if you don't actively look and educate yourself).

My second clue is that I feel AMAZING physically and especially mentally when I eat a brand new fresh frozen cut of Salmon (raw). However, if that fish is left to age a bit at room temperature and in bright light and/or cooked, not only do I not feel good, I actually feel pretty bad just as you would expect. Ray Peat has written extensively on this, and he IS right to an extent I believe. Oxidized and aged fish oil is probably bad for you, but I really can't say the same thing about fresh and properly preserved fish.

Now think about this. When the actual hell do we eat anything fresh? I can tell you for a fact that almost EVERYTHING you get at ANY supermarket is probably at least a month old. For example, any milk you get in a supermarket is probably at least a month old, in that time exposed to tons of oxygen, bright lights (at every stage all the way up to sitting in a bright supermarket shelf), and heat (pasteurization).

Most meat, for example, is purposefully aged for weeks to get a more desirable flavor. And then with all the processing, transportation, and the time you buy it and eat it, its well over a month or two old. Then you cook it destroying even more of the little nutrients left in it.

Orange juice is usually a year old:

Its actually so bad with OJ that manufacturers often need to add back the orange juice flavor before packaging it for sale, otherwise it would taste like water or crap.

I could go on and on, but basically EVEN if there is something healthy in any food, the way most people buy it means it is usually worthless or even BAD (like oxidized fish for instance) by the time you actually eat it.

How many people are growing their own food in their backyard, or have a high quality farmer from whom they buy food on a daily basis? Almost ZERO. Is it any wonder why we have such a health epidemic?

Contrast this to the way our ancestors ate. They didn't have refrigeration, so any meat or fish they caught would have been eaten very quickly. Yes they might have stored it a little with fermentation which could possibly ADD nutrition to the diet (such as Vitamin K2 MK7 and Probiotic bacteria) but they were getting so much nutrition from the fresh food they ate that the nutrients lost from the aging/fermentation was irrelevant.

If our ancestor left their milk just lying around for a month without doing anything to it, it would smell horrible, and for a good reason. It is nature and our instincts telling us that this milk is BAD for you because it has gone rancid. This same principle still applies to foods today, the only difference is that most foods we buy today are so processed and industrialized that these natural indicators of good and bad are long gone.

Histamines are built up in food as they age and oxidize, this in my opinion is the nail in the coffin of nature telling us that freshness is KEY.

Have you considered using a vacuum pump to suck all the air out of the bottle between uses to prevent oxidization? Also note that vitamin K is apparently made by intestinal bacteria according to peat, so looking at vitamin contents of food is misleading.

Broken man

I am living on a village, we buy pig every year when Its near ideal weight and have it at for few weeks to let some toxins go away. Also harvesting mainly potatoes and carrots. The difference between our food and supermarket food is huge but still have friends that do good on supermarket food. About raw vs cooked, I saw article about finding fire as a invention. You can eat raw meat but Its hard to digest so you will spend alot of energy on digestion, cooking make possible to eat more food so human could evolve because of sufficient energy. There is a tradition of eating some parts raw after killing the animal but Its risky when Its pork and it should be done as fast as possible. Plants should be cooked. Still Its not enough to have good health and living on village is much harder. I think that you need supplements at this age to have good life when you are from middle class or living on a village. People were always looking for something thst can make their life better......

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals