Are Ray Peat and Danny Roddy Paranoid-Schizoids? (in the Kleinian sense)

B

Blaze

I see something coming too.

But... when I go to sleep, worried about the power-elite, my dreams aren't telling me flee NYC. They are telling me something very different. This has eased my tensions, and it has been almost curative. The more I record my dreams, the more dreams come.

"Dreams are the facts from which we must proceed." - Carl Jung

With Cardenosine before bed, (thank you @haidut) often I can remember all of my dreams on a given night. 4-8 short dreams. "Dreams, God's Forgotten Language" by the Jungian and Episcopal Priest John Sanford, this book changed my life. I found it at a Church.

I am attempting to speak to people here who are genuinely terrified. It's possible that there is hope.

"We have forgotten the age-old fact that God speaks chiefly through dreams and visions." - Carl Jung

But also, **** Klaus Schwab. But also, “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.” - Carl Jung

“Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darknesses of other people.” – Carl Jung

"Be not anxious"

...and also please forgive my savior complex.

"Worrying is praying to the devil" - Terrence McKenna
Awesome quotes, especially “Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darknesses of other people.”

Lot of pseudoscience around but even an anti psychology/ anti gobbledygook guy like myself must profess to having huge respect for some of Carl Jung's stuff.

Since you seem to have such a penchant for understanding the human mind, one of the best books I ever read on human behavior is Behave: The Biology of Humans at Our Best and Worst by Sopolsky. I highly recommend it.

OP
C

CoconutEffect

Awesome quotes, especially “Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darknesses of other people.”

Lot of pseudoscience around but even an anti psychology/ anti gobbledygook guy like myself must profess to having huge respect for some of Carl Jung's stuff.

Since you seem to have such a penchant for understanding the human mind, one of the best books I ever read on human behavior is Behave: The Biology of Humans at Our Best and Worst by Sopolsky. I highly recommend it.
I like Sapolsky, thank you, I'll check it out. He's very smart and has a positive glow. He doesn't believe in souls, however, which is ..... unfortunate?

Gânico

OP VILL proudly eat ze bug bolognese with ze cockroach milk and live in ze pod and be happy

B

Blaze

I like Sapolsky, thank you, I'll check it out. He's very smart and has a positive glow. He doesn't believe in souls, however, which is ..... unfortunate?
Well, that would be a huge conversation. I too believe in the soul and that we continue in some form after our physical demise, but can also see why others may not. By the very nature of being beyond the physical, (meta physical) the existence of a soul and what comprises it would be impossible to measure/determine using existing physical science. It's existence becomes an issue of faith or instinct.

For years people have been doing silly things like weighing bodies after death and saying a loss 20 grams or 21 grams was noted as to prove a soul exists. Anything out of desperation to somehow prove we continue living after we die. Faith or instinct alone does not satisfy most. They must have some form of proof to fight the fear and frustration they feel of their own mortality. I love science. Ray Peat and Danny and Georgi have rekindled my love of science , medicine and learning with the enormous gift of their podcasts. Like an electric current passing thru me, the information provided has really jump started my 60 year old brain. Each one of us, we change each other by sharing information among ourselves. But with all it's value, science may be the most lacking and disappointing religion of all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sefton10

E240F649-ED8D-4532-8E88-729C60F98E83.jpeg

Risingfire

I see something coming too.

But... when I go to sleep, worried about the power-elite, my dreams aren't telling me flee NYC. They are telling me something very different. This has eased my tensions, and it has been almost curative. The more I record my dreams, the more dreams come.

"Dreams are the facts from which we must proceed." - Carl Jung

With Cardenosine before bed, (thank you @haidut) often I can remember all of my dreams on a given night. 4-8 short dreams. "Dreams, God's Forgotten Language" by the Jungian and Episcopal Priest John Sanford, this book changed my life. I found it at a Church.

I am attempting to speak to people here who are genuinely terrified. It's possible that there is hope.

"We have forgotten the age-old fact that God speaks chiefly through dreams and visions." - Carl Jung

But also, **** Klaus Schwab. But also, “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.” - Carl Jung

“Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darknesses of other people.” – Carl Jung

"Be not anxious"

...and also please forgive my savior complex.

Very poetic though as I sit in NYC I'm fed up with this town. It's becoming increasing grotesque and degenerate by the day.

I was in Charlotte last weekend and experienced a totally different atmosphere. The people were relaxed and had plenty of life. The girls were feminine and inviting. I started looking for jobs

-Luke-

Very poetic though as I sit in NYC I'm fed up with this town. It's becoming increasing grotesque and degenerate by the day.

I was in Charlotte last weekend and experienced a totally different atmosphere. The people were relaxed and had plenty of life. The girls were feminine and inviting. I started looking for jobs
The Charlotte Hornets are still looking for a new coach.

Pro: Very well paid
Con: Very stressful

Not sure if "having Michael Jordan as a boss" is pro or con.

Makrosky

What makes one overworrying? I felt into that trap with the covid thing and it did me way more bad than good. All of it... for nothing. And I kind of knew it. Just got addicted. What do you think it is the cause? In your psychoanalysis terms please not serotonin, metabolism or lack of pboysterone that is boring.

Nomane Euger

What makes one overworrying? I felt into that trap with the covid thing and it did me way more bad than good. All of it... for nothing. And I kind of knew it. Just got addicted. What do you think it is the cause? In your psychoanalysis terms please not serotonin, metabolism or lack of pboysterone that is boring.
hi,what do you find irelevant abouts the potential causes you mentionned such as serotonin,metabolism,or lack of pboysterone?

OP
C

CoconutEffect

I would consider leaving NYC but I’m nailed here at the moment because of my business. I’ve heard good things about Charlotte.

OP
C

CoconutEffect

I got addicted to it too. If I had turned off most sources of media, this forum included, I would have had a way more productive two years, and so I regressed into a PS position, and that wasn’t helping me.

That isn’t the same thing as denial.

It was masochism, actually. My analyst is a master. Having a ritual elder is necessary during difficult times. Especially if one has a damaged internal object, what you’ll get is unbearable fear and anxiety.

The superego disguises itself as the threat, and torments the individual.

Do you feel better after watching Russell Brand?

Where else would one direct one’s aggression when in lockdown or isolation? To an Internet forum, where we can all hurt each other by “dot connecting”, it’s a pathway to mental illness.

Dreams are better guide, more so than anonymous posters whose motivations are unclear, especially to themselves.

Having said that, I do still avoid PUFAs. But know thyself too.

Makrosky

hi,what do you find irelevant abouts the potential causes you mentionned such as serotonin,metabolism,or lack of pboysterone?
I don't consider it irrelevant. I consider it boring because after many years every single explanation for anyone asking about psychic issues is : excess serotonin/low dopamine, hypothyroid and/or low androgens/progesterone. When you have read that 3687 times (no matter how true it is) it becomes boring and simplistic. I am talking for myself.

Makrosky

I got addicted to it too. If I had turned off most sources of media, this forum included, I would have had a way more productive two years, and so I regressed into a PS position, and that wasn’t helping me.

It was masochism, actually. My analyst is a master. Having a ritual elder is necessary during difficult times. Especially if one has a damaged internal object, what you’ll get is unbearable fear and anxiety.

Where else would one direct one’s aggression when in lockdown or isolation? To an Internet forum, where we can all hurt each other by “dot connecting”, it’s a pathway to mental illness.

Dreams are better guide, more so than anonymous posters whose motivations are unclear, especially to themselves.

Very clever thoughts. I had some vague intuition that something like that could be happening. The contradiction that I cannot solve for now is that, even though I see some sense in what you said specially the connecting dots part, I AS WELL think that a big part of the dots connected are real. It was a circus orchestrated and by joint effort it was easier to see what was going on. Specially by people from different countries giving insights on what was happening there.

Makrosky

The perverse side of psychoanalysis though is that it is always open to interpretation. There is always the suspicion that what is happening has hidden reasons. That is in itself a paranoic thinking as well.

Another perverse side is that no matter what, the therapist is always right. If you don't agree with him, you are resisting. So he is still right. There is no escape. I always found thst part very disturbing.

Korven

I think of it as "mental digestion". The mind receives input from the outside world, news, friends, family about Covid insanity and is trying to fit the pieces of the puzzle together and find some meaningful pattern. I guess the problem is when you can not let go of these mental processes and they drag you along for a rollercoaster ride. Grounding, walks in nature, painting, playing instrument etc can shift focus away from overworrying mind to the present moment.

OP
C

CoconutEffect

The perverse side of psychoanalysis though is that it is always open to interpretation. There is always the suspicion that what is happening has hidden reasons. That is in itself a paranoic thinking as well.

Another perverse side is that no matter what, the therapist is always right. If you don't agree with him, you are resisting. So he is still right. There is no escape. I always found thst part very disturbing.
Depends on the therapist IME, I’ve had terrible ones and incredible ones. The terrible ones always make the patient wrong, it’s terrible.

OP
C

CoconutEffect

I think of it as "mental digestion". The mind receives input from the outside world, news, friends, family about Covid insanity and is trying to fit the pieces of the puzzle together and find some meaningful pattern. I guess the problem is when you can not let go of these mental processes and they drag you along for a rollercoaster ride. Grounding, walks in nature, painting, playing instrument etc can shift focus away from overworrying mind to the present moment.
Yes. Reading books too.

Makrosky

Depends on the therapist IME, I’ve had terrible ones and incredible ones. The terrible ones always make the patient wrong, it’s terrible.
I think the whole thing is generally more about the therapist rather than the technique used.

Problem is that if the first one you have is bad you don't have anything to compare to. The risk is higher on psychoanalysis as a wrong one can mess up the patient very bad. With CBT therapy the possibility to harm is almost non existent.

I know a person who was on psychoanalysis for 10 years (ten). At one point she wanted to stop the thing (obviously). The therapist got mad and started chasing/stalking her telling her tthr therapy was still not concluded. There are many crazy cases like those.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals