Are Ray Peat and Danny Roddy Paranoid-Schizoids? (in the Kleinian sense)

CoconutEffect

And is why the forum has taken a paranoid turn for the worse? I really don't mean bash anyone, but I find myself looking on this forum when I'm (unconsciously) trying to hurt my sense of wellbeing. Yes, I'm in psychoanalysis.

crsnpalmer

I think there might be lots of bots/spam accounts pushing the end of the world conspiracies. I see lots of good threads for diet/supplementation modalities.

One of the most important parts of health is being optimistic!

Makrosky

And is why the forum has taken a paranoid turn for the worse? I really don't mean bash anyone, but I find myself looking on this forum when I'm (unconsciously) trying to hurt my sense of wellbeing. Yes, I'm in psychoanalysis.
I remember when I was away from the forum for months and some times taking a sneak peak... I would immediately feel my sense of wellbeing being hurted. Could feel anxiety creeping up. There was always something new and dangerous to be careful with or to be paranoid with. A new toxic additive. A new serious side effect of a typical OTC drug. A particular brand of supplements to be careful with. Always something. I think it was a noocebo effect. I don't feel it anymore but I guess it might depend on mental/physical state. Instead of blaming the forum, maybe one can blame oneself for interpreting the information here in a way that harms.

This is a great forum full of great people anyway.

P

Peatness

You are in psychoanalysis? Interesting. A great reset all of your own! Hope it ends well.

P

Peatness

Haha, I like what you did there. Yep. 3x per week. I’ve ditched my Jungians for a Freudian / Kleinian.
I like that it made you laugh – this is a good sign. However, there is no need to spend so much time and money on this type of theory when you can have the conspiracy theory for free.

OP
C

CoconutEffect

I like that it made you laugh – this is a good sign. However, there is no need to spend so much time and money on this type of theory when you can have the conspiracy theory for free.
You have me laughing (again) on my way to jiujitsu

How much “depression” here is a satanic persecutory super-ego tormenting everyone in the guise Klaus Schwab? Open question…

P

Peatness

How much “depression” here is a satanic persecutory super-ego tormenting everyone in the guise Klaus Schwab? Open question…
Look once your realise that the globalist are trying to kill you, you will do everything in your power to live.

Peatful

Satan clearly revealing himself has actually freed me up.
I’m quite content or dare I say happy.

It’s really allowed me to laser focus on what is of value to me (my husband, kids and other relationships)-
And let me drop the meaningless ***t out of my life. (Chasing the perfect job. Working on my health/my appearance. Material things. Etc.)

Ray has been talking about this stuff for a long long time. This ain’t scary news to him.

IT'S OVER

Take the blackpill, IT'S OVER. Just lie down and rotten. Some of us are born to LOSE and DIE UNHAPPY. This world is totaly and purely based on LUCK : you have bad health? some dudes lived to 90 without ever taking a pill or going to a doctor.You are short? ugly? GOT ACNE? u just unluck bro! my father NEVER HAD ACNE! so just give up brah, accept the blackpill that you are in a bad situation because of bad luck =).

oh what? i dont have friends in five years? bad news for me, my father, all my uncles and probably even my grandfathers, ALWAYS HAD FRIENDS.

so just do like me and enjoy the COPE, grab some junk food, sit in front of the monitor, and play the f4cking video games while you wait for death to come =DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

DeadCatBounce

My counter question is - why some of the people who laugh at the "Paranoid-Schizoids" think they are the ones that see the World clearly in the right way and the others are crazy ?

I mean if one thinks about it - nobody really knows the truth about this realm we live in. You too , Mr. Psychologist, you just like everyone else came here on this planet with all memories of what was before completely wiped out and with an average of about just 80 changes of the seasons(if you are lucky) to figure out what this world is and what is going on before you go to where you came from. Wherever it is.

I would be a bit more humble in my use of terminology if I were you. And aware of ones ignorance , of course which is a rare trait, especially if you got a bit more brains than the surrounding people in your life. Kind of makes you feel like a genius when you have a few more IQ points than most. But nothing special to be honest.

FrostedShores

No need to be a paranoid schizophrenic to notice certain things happening in the world. Anyone remotely familiar with history will recognize patterns and see those same patterns playing out yet again.

Also, while it's certainly unhealthy to be negative all the time, it's equally unhealthy to bury your head in the sand and pretend everything is right in the world. If pathological optimism isn't already a thing, it should be.

OP
C

CoconutEffect

Satan clearly revealing himself has actually freed me up.
I’m quite content or dare I say happy.

It’s really allowed me to laser focus on what is of value to me (my husband, kids and other relationships)-
And let me drop the meaningless ***t out of my life. (Chasing the perfect job. Working on my health/my appearance. Material things. Etc.)

Ray has been talking about this stuff for a long long time. This ain’t scary news to him.
Same experience here. Evil exists. Denying it is naïvete.

OP
C

CoconutEffect

My counter question is - why some of the people who laugh at the "Paranoid-Schizoids" think they are the ones that see the World clearly in the right way and the others are crazy ?

I mean if one thinks about it - nobody really knows the truth about this realm we live in. You too , Mr. Psychologist, you just like everyone else came here on this planet with all memories of what was before completely wiped out and with an average of about just 80 changes of the seasons(if you are lucky) to figure out what this world is and what is going on before you go to where you came from. Wherever it is.

I would be a bit more humble in my use of terminology if I were you. And aware of ones ignorance , of course which is a rare trait, especially if you got a bit more brains than the surrounding people in your life. Kind of makes you feel like a genius when you have a few more IQ points than most. But nothing special to be honest.
I don’t claim to see the world more clearly than most people, which is why I’m in analysis. I’m just pointing out the danger in idealizing a person (who is certainly a genius) but could also be paranoid-schizoid. It’s not an insult, it’s an observation.

To decide to live off the grid, because of fear of the WEF, seems to me to be a cop out.

I say that and I also avoid PUFA.

OP
C

CoconutEffect

No need to be a paranoid schizophrenic to notice certain things happening in the world. Anyone remotely familiar with history will recognize patterns and see those same patterns playing out yet again.

Also, while it's certainly unhealthy to be negative all the time, it's equally unhealthy to bury your head in the sand and pretend everything is right in the world. If pathological optimism isn't already a thing, it should be.
Agreed.

Quelsatron

Unhealthy people have unhealthy thought patterns which is why these forums are rampant with paranoia. I mean, it's understandable if you feel threatened by german doctors in sith robes when your basic biochemistry isn't working correctly. But it's not something that the sick should deal with either.

oxphoser

Aren’t the paranoid schizoid and the depressive 2 positions or states that Melanie Klein proposed that we all have and go back and forth between?

OP
C

CoconutEffect

Aren’t the paranoid schizoid and the depressive 2 positions or states that Melanie Klein proposed that we all have and go back and forth between?
Yes, correct. I regressed to a PS position during the first lockdown. I think many of us did. Whether pro-covid authoritarianism or WEF doom certainty.
I seem to be repairing that now. A PS position is a psychological prison. My dreams have been a guide.

For example, I dreamt one night that I hung up on my Jungian, swiveled back in a desk chair, looked up and to my right, and saw a giant blue book with the binding "FREUD". That led me to my current doctor, who isn't a Freudian idealogue.

OP
C

CoconutEffect

Or really ******* smart and in a much better position than the rest of us. I wouldn't be so cavalier.
Or it's self-sabotage. People can't live without community, and to go at it alone seems like a recipe for disaster.