Mental health awareness over-saturation

Herbie

Looks like this guy wrote a book entitled against therapy, he was head of the Freud archives and realized that Freud had covered up sexual abuse and incest within his patient’s therapy, In order to protect the Viennese bourgeoise. The article is excellent, talks about how people were hospitalized in the 19th century for eccentricity and opposing social oppression. Really reveals the roots of mental health awareness and the therapeutic culture in general.
This is still society today: don't bring that up, don't talk about that, just get on with it, stop complaing, sweep everything under the rug, be in denial, it's a conspiracy theory, don't be socially awkward, use alcohol, religion, psychiatric drugs to passify and drown out anything against the mainstream conscienceness.

Hayley

I love this post. My husband and I were talking today about how overused the introvert/extrovert dichotomy is so overused today, and how it might not even be valid. It’s funny how people let Freudian/Jungian language become the norm and everyone accepts it as fact. Perfect example, Jordan Peterson trying to overlay a Jungian reading onto the Old Testament ?

Nomane Euger

I love this post. My husband and I were talking today about how overused the introvert/extrovert dichotomy is so overused today, and how it might not even be valid. It’s funny how people let Freudian/Jungian language become the norm and everyone accepts it as fact. Perfect example, Jordan Peterson trying to overlay a Jungian reading onto the Old Testament ?
hi,i just got one of these videos in my youtube feed about jordan peterson rambling wwith his wife and daughter about extrovert introvert.its disgusting the manner some peoples gaslight others talking about it as a inherent characteristic that is hardly changeabe,when it can change on an hourly/daily/weekly basis

Hayley

hi,i just got one of these videos in my youtube feed about jordan peterson rambling wwith his wife and daughter about extrovert introvert.its disgusting the manner some peoples gaslight others talking about it as a inherent characteristic that is hardly changeabe,when it can change on an hourly/daily/weekly basis
EXACTLY. Anyone can become an “extrovert” in the right situation. It’s sad that people identify so much with these classifications, ironically limiting growth.

Nomane Euger

Nomane Euger

EXACTLY. Anyone can become an “extrovert” in the right situation. It’s sad that people identify so much with these classifications, ironically limiting growth.
yea,people that spread these ill perspective of introvert/Extrovert as inherent traits are just spreading learned helplessness,it give peoples that identify to these characteristic a sense of legitimacy to have these characteristics because a certain authority claimed that it is mostly out of their control

Hayley

yea,people that spread these ill perspective of introvert/Extrovert as inherent traits are just spreading learned helplessness,it give peoples that identify to these characteristic a sense of legitimacy to have these characteristics because a certain authority claimed that it is mostly out of their control
It’s like when you see a kid saying “I’m not a math person” or “I’m not a sports person” or something like that. Or worse see parents saying that about their kids. You want to shake them out of it. Why are you choosing to identify with a trait you don’t like, and make that a marker of your personality? My 10 year old nephew does this. And now his family tells him he has ADHD so he says that about himself now too (he also says he’s an introvert and doesn’t like loud extroverted people ?). Coping at such a young age, you hate to see it. I guess when you go through enough transformations of your own making you shed the need/desire to use these self limiting labels.

LUH 3417

This is still society today: don't bring that up, don't talk about that, just get on with it, stop complaing, sweep everything under the rug, be in denial, it's a conspiracy theory, don't be socially awkward, use alcohol, religion, psychiatric drugs to passify and drown out anything against the mainstream conscienceness.
Yea the more I look into it the more I realize psychiatry is just a ruling class elitist weapon that’s saturated the culture in order to make people more passive and blame everything but their socio economic status for their feeling so bad

LUH 3417

Jp is abysmal. And Jung was a Nazi

Herbie

Yea the more I look into it the more I realize psychiatry is just a ruling class elitist weapon that’s saturated the culture in order to make people more passive and blame everything but their socio economic status for their feeling so bad
Yeah I was angry when I realised they put all the blame onto the individual for the problems which were created by the ruling class.

"You are the problem not society" we know the opposite is true.

LUH 3417

Yeah I was angry when I realised they put all the blame onto the individual for the problems which were created by the ruling class.

"You are the problem not society" we know the opposite is true.
Yep, try talking to a therapist about “conspiracies” and they will find a way to rationalize your so called anti social inclinations and blame them on your mom/dad etc etc

LUH 3417

Yeah he really annoys me. He exemplifies that tendency to believe because you are an expert in one thing that translates to a lot of other areas. Plus he’s just insufferable.
Yea insufferable is exactly how I’d describe him

Blossom

Forum Supporter
The best thing a therapist ever told me was take walks in nature every single day. No kidding. It was the very best and probably the only good advice I ever got from any of them. It worked so well I’ve never gone back.

Grapelander

Pushing folks to the breaking point - then offer pseudo-help.
Be careful about getting a diagnosis for any mental health issue.
Something like chronic fatigue will be called 'depression'.
The diagnosis will follow you a lifetime - especially with digital records.
In this new era of medicine; you may be forced into 'treatment plans'.

Herbie

Pushing folks to the breaking point - then offer pseudo-help.
Be careful about getting a diagnosis for any mental health issue.
Something like chronic fatigue will be called 'depression'.
The diagnosis will follow you a lifetime - especially with digital records.
In this new era of medicine; you may be forced into 'treatment plans'.
Yeah many job applications ask if one has been diagnosed with a mental health problem. This goes for anything, just stay away from all of it.

RachelGay1

I see it's been a while, but I wanted to chime in. It's understandable to feel frustrated with the current state of mental health awareness and treatments. Regarding psychology and psychiatry, I understand your criticisms of the lack of specificity in clinical approaches and the focus on medication. I think you might also like some articles about mental health here restore-mentalhealth.com. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Last edited:

Whichway?

I also think that men are more likely to commit suicide based on perhaps being more motivated or more impulsive particularly when they become agitated, not because they have this vast sadness inside of them they can no longer bare.
OP I don’t know your mental health background or whether you have ever felt suicidal in your life, but your above statement is wrong. Men often become depressed and suicidal precisely because they feel they are carrying a sadness or burden that they can no longer bare, or feel that their difficulties will never change or only get worse.

I think I understand the gist of your original post, but you sound like you are just thinking through your perspective, rather than it being a lived reality for you.

Stoicism works for some, but not all. Men have a number of challenges facing them today, particularly as they are now seen as the enemy, toxic, expendable, and the networks they once had have been disrupted and dismantled by modern life. Men need connection just as women do, but it is one of the factors often lacking in their lives and it can make mental health struggles worse.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals