What's The Point If You're The Product Of A Low-energy Upbringing?

hei

The point of correcting metabolic issues, I mean. If you're still young then improving your metabolism and hormones could help you mature properly and really change the course of your life. If you're an adult who is/was basically healthy/vigorous/strong while young then it's good to keep it that way or get back to a healthy state if you've fallen into a rut.

If you had a low-energy, sedentary upbringing and are now an adult stuck for life with a weak/frail body, not a very masculine physical form, a stressed/low-confidence psychological profile (from being weak and unable to control your environment, having a "serotonergic personality", etc), and the kind of negative life experiences that arise from being this way your whole life and making decisions/being treated by others accordingly, what's the point? Even if the root cause was defective metabolism and you correct it, it won't undo the accumulated damage (physically, abnormal life (in)experience, etc) that will continue to affect your body and mental states for a long time. Of course the past is out of your control but the more time passes the more it limits the future too.

lampofred

It might not undo everything but it will do something and something is better than nothing.

yerrag

The body is resilient, your spirit has to be too.

Last edited:

boris

It will undo a lot over months and years. And there is always value in making the best out of what you have.

T

TheBeard

The point of correcting metabolic issues, I mean. If you're still young then improving your metabolism and hormones could help you mature properly and really change the course of your life. If you're an adult who is/was basically healthy/vigorous/strong while young then it's good to keep it that way or get back to a healthy state if you've fallen into a rut.

If you had a low-energy, sedentary upbringing and are now an adult stuck for life with a weak/frail body, not a very masculine physical form, a stressed/low-confidence psychological profile (from being weak and unable to control your environment, having a "serotonergic personality", etc), and the kind of negative life experiences that arise from being this way your whole life and making decisions/being treated by others accordingly, what's the point? Even if the root cause was defective metabolism and you correct it, it won't undo the accumulated damage (physically, abnormal life (in)experience, etc) that will continue to affect your body and mental states for a long time. Of course the past is out of your control but the more time passes the more it limits the future too.

What do you have to lose trying?

boris

@hei if your experience is already in the past you are way ahead at least of me. I am still dealing with a serotonergic npd father who terrorizes my mother and tries to get into physical fights with me and belittle me for no reasons other then to vent his self caused frustration. I am mid 30s.

Last edited:

yerrag

Even if the root cause was defective metabolism and you correct it, it won't undo the accumulated damage (physically, abnormal life (in)experience, etc) that will continue to affect your body and mental states for a long time.
With your metabolism corrected, you have a good base to work on the rest of your body. Whatever the damage, your body adapts to what's left and makes the most of it, so long as you support it with good thoughts and nutrition. You still have to work on providing it good nutrition and it still takes work. If you aren't hopeful things are gonna get better, it's hard to make it work. You have to keep working on it. Still, know when to stop when it's not working and don't double up just because it's supposed to to work. Be willing to question yourself and be open to the possibility of being wrong. And take a break once in a while. It can be frustrating when you're not getting a breakthrough.

rei

With the right kind of supplementation you are perfectly able to make drastic changes until about twice your age. Like a competitive body builder, you must take control of the direction you develop your body. If your arsenal includes the natural hormones then only the sky is the limit on your transformation.

T

TheBeard

It feels about as resilient as tissue paper.

Early thirties

Time and energy. More time spent going down another wrong path. Actual proof of inability that extinguishes remaining hopes.

Doing the things that would lead to increased metabolism are that far away from your current routine that you risk being drained from your energy?

shine

Have you not seen all the transformation videos of super fat or super skinny, non-masculine men becoming greek gods? If you really want to change, you can. Maybe you have to take thyroid, steroids and other supplements but if you really want it, you can undo a lot of your past. You can also experiment with psychedelics or seek out a shaman to leave your old ego patterns behind. There are plenty of 50+ year old men in my gym who were fat slobs when they joined and made incredible progress over the course of a year. You just have to make the decision to become the best version of yourself or make the decision to stay miserable.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
The point is to never give up even if you have to pause and regroup periodically. The number one thing I’ve gotten from Peat is escaping learned helplessness.

milkboi

The point is to never give up even if you have to pause and regroup periodically. The number one thing I’ve gotten from Peat is escaping learned helplessness.

image.png

The first thing to think about is that we are all dying. If you come back here in 20 years, the same people (who are still here) will complain about the same problems. But they'll be 20 years older. I've seen that people can live a long time with all sorts of issues and problems.

We age, and deteriorate and the key to life is having meaningful things you do. Having a life that involves things you care about, that you feel make a difference.

The one thing that is good about getting older is that you realize the above and things don't bother you like they used to.

yerrag

AMEN!

opethfeldt

Not everyone is lucky in life. Some of us got screwed. That doesn't mean you should just give up because you were dealt a not so great hand in life. Life is a gift. I believe everyone's goal should be to maximize what they were given to the best of their ability. From the sound of your post, it's mostly your mindset that needs fixing and thankfully, that's much easier than making a weak body strong. You have to fix your mindset before you'll be able to make changes elsewhere. Spend some time here and focus especially on lowering serotonin and you will escape learned helplessness and see things completely different than you do now. When your mind is strong, the body will follow suit.

Anders86

Do it for the euphoria! Focus on the serotonin and your path will become anything.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals