A Thank You To Dr. Ray Peat And Danny Roddy

Orion

-I took massive doses of progesterone because I was sure I had estrogen dominance. Inappropriate aggression, irritability, mood swings, excessive arm and body hair growth are all signs of estrogen dominance (arm and body hair is actually a sign of low testosterone/estrogen and low DHT/estrogen ratios). Again, this is another one of things for which I ended up going against Dr. Peat's recommendations, but I'm positive it "reset" my hormonal imbalances. I highly recommend using progesterone once your nutrition is right.

What were the progesterone dose sizes? I am thinking 200mg would be large?

RP has mentioned men doing this as a one time shot, for example cure a arthritic football size knee.

Progesterone

I feel like my body has "turned on" because of my lifestyle change. I definitely have both a higher pulse and a higher temperature. My pulse used to be around the low 60s and my temperature used to be in the low 97s when I started, but my pulse is now in the high 70s and my temperature is in the mid 98s (mid 97s right when I wake up). Also, my hands and feet used to always be freezing, but they are now almost always warm unless it's really cold or I'm hungry.

Essential part of my diet (where I get the majority of my calories and nutrients from):
-a bunch of fat-free milk every day. I go through at least a gallon of milk every other day.
-a bunch of orange juice. I drink at least seven cups of orange juice a day.

Everything else in diet:
-I cook only with butter or coconut oil
-I'm a vegetarian, so I don't eat liver. Instead, I eat eggs every 2-3 days. (When I started Peat-ing, I didn't know eggs had so much PUFA, so I ate six eggs every single day for almost a month. But, I used an enormous amount of butter/coconut oil to make them, so I probably mitigated the effects of the PUFA that way.)
-I avoid PUFA in the form of eating out, but I'm actually not too strict about it. Peat says no beans or fruits with seeds for example, but I gorge on strawberries, blueberries, red kidney beans, etc. If you look on cronometer, the amount of PUFA most beans/fruits have is really not a lot at all. Maybe he's more worried about the endotoxin from the starch/fiber they have, but I do the daily carrot with salt/vinegar/oil thing, and I'm not willing to cut out all beans/fruits from my diet. For me, I think it's enough to avoid eating out at cheap places where everything is drenched in vegetable oil.
-I drink Coke whenever I feel like it, either the glass bottle one or the regular one (although I try to get the glass bottle if I can)
-I don't track my diet on cronometer.com as regularly as I should, but when I started Peat-ing, I could only stomach about 2000 calories a day. Now, I'm hungry if I don't get at least 3,500.
-I eat cereal (I've always loved Cocoa Puffs since I was a toddler) because it's low in PUFA, high in sugar, and has lots of B-vitamins
-I eat a lot of ricotta cheese (no enzymes: the only ingredients are milk, vinegar, and salt)
-I occasionally take Great Lakes gelatin to get something other than milk/cheese protein
-I make sure my sugar-to-protein ratio at any sitting is at least 2:1
-I make sure my calcium-to-phosphorous ratio is greater than 1

In summary, my diet is just basic Peat-ing. However, I go by how I react to any food before I decide if I should keep eating it or not. That's why I have some non-Peat approved stuff like cereal, beans, blueberries, etc. But in general, I follow almost everything Dr. Peat has suggested.

Supplements (I used to go crazy with supplements, but I don't really see any effects from any of them except thyroid and progesterone. I just take them all because Dr. Peat says they are protective against cancer/brain degeneration/etc. in the long-run):
IMPORTANT: supplements, especially thyroid and progesterone, screwed me up whenever I took them without good nutrition.
-I take desiccated thyroid. This is what first made me start Peat-ing. Finasteride, Omega-3 capsules, Vitamin B6, Zinc, I had tried everything and nothing was working for my hair, and I was desperate, so I ordered some thyroid. Just minutes after I took thyroid...I felt like I was ALIVE. Colors were more vivid, the world was warmer, I felt like I was a ghost before I took that pill. That's when I started doing research about thyroid and ended up finding Dr. Peat's stuff.
-I took massive doses of progesterone because I was sure I had estrogen dominance. Inappropriate aggression, irritability, mood swings, excessive arm and body hair growth are all signs of estrogen dominance (arm and body hair is actually a sign of low testosterone/estrogen and low DHT/estrogen ratios). Again, this is another one of things for which I ended up going against Dr. Peat's recommendations, but I'm positive it "reset" my hormonal imbalances. I highly recommend using progesterone once your nutrition is right.
-I take a powder which has both aspirin and caffeine, and I balance the aspirin out with Vitamin K.
-I take Vitamin E and Vitamin A.

Lifestyle:
-I became religious and interested in living a good life, not a hedonistic one, and cut down on casual sex/masturbation. Improving my nutrition causes my personality to change, and my changed personality inspires me to take better care of myself...it's a positive feedback cycle.
-Dr. Peat doesn't recommend exercise, but this is another one of those things for which I don't listen to his recommendations. I try to run a mile when I can. Often times, I go a week without running, other weeks, I'm running every single day, so my exercise regimen is very informal. I don't exercise more than 10 minutes a day. I'm going to start lifting weights, but only once my body has healed even more.
-My sleep cycle is messed up from numerous all-nighters, but I feel noticeably better on days I sleep early and wake up early. Even if I get the same of sleep, I feel worse when I sleep late and wake up late.
-I breathe less. I don't do anything like Buteyko to increase CO2, but I consciously notice when I am breathing more than I need to, and I do my best to stay as relaxed as possible wherever I am.
-I love taking showers, my whole body, especially hands and feet, are very warm for a long time after I take showers, so I'm sure they are good for metabolism.

In summary, I just listen to my body. I keep doing things that make me feel better and stop doing things that make me feel worse.

This is long as hell and took a long time to type, so I hope it helps!

1. Which progesterone are you using?
2. What is your progesterone dosage?
3. Where do you apply your progesterone?
4. What brand of desiccated thyroid do you use and what dosage?

Thanks!

"hey guys I found god"

"can you tell us more about your hair please"

Ideonaut

"hey guys I found god"

"can you tell us more about your hair please"
Really? You found it? Where?! "You'll agree that we're standing on the earth and it is approximately 8,000 miles in diameter. Where is this 'god' you speak of, and how big is it?"

Really? You found it? Where?! "You'll agree that we're standing on the earth and it is approximately 8,000 miles in diameter. Where is this 'god' you speak of, and how big is it?"

Think you'll find just as much proof for any "regrowth" claims on this forum.

Does ray peat believe in god?

I'd call him more of a pantheist but this can come in many flavors... if he is anything like his favorite thinkers, then he definitely accepts the concept of some kind of divine quality that is distributed throughout...

Jsaute21

I feel like my body has "turned on" because of my lifestyle change. I definitely have both a higher pulse and a higher temperature. My pulse used to be around the low 60s and my temperature used to be in the low 97s when I started, but my pulse is now in the high 70s and my temperature is in the mid 98s (mid 97s right when I wake up). Also, my hands and feet used to always be freezing, but they are now almost always warm unless it's really cold or I'm hungry.

Essential part of my diet (where I get the majority of my calories and nutrients from):
-a bunch of fat-free milk every day. I go through at least a gallon of milk every other day.
-a bunch of orange juice. I drink at least seven cups of orange juice a day.

Everything else in diet:
-I cook only with butter or coconut oil
-I'm a vegetarian, so I don't eat liver. Instead, I eat eggs every 2-3 days. (When I started Peat-ing, I didn't know eggs had so much PUFA, so I ate six eggs every single day for almost a month. But, I used an enormous amount of butter/coconut oil to make them, so I probably mitigated the effects of the PUFA that way.)
-I avoid PUFA in the form of eating out, but I'm actually not too strict about it. Peat says no beans or fruits with seeds for example, but I gorge on strawberries, blueberries, red kidney beans, etc. If you look on cronometer, the amount of PUFA most beans/fruits have is really not a lot at all. Maybe he's more worried about the endotoxin from the starch/fiber they have, but I do the daily carrot with salt/vinegar/oil thing, and I'm not willing to cut out all beans/fruits from my diet. For me, I think it's enough to avoid eating out at cheap places where everything is drenched in vegetable oil.
-I drink Coke whenever I feel like it, either the glass bottle one or the regular one (although I try to get the glass bottle if I can)
-I don't track my diet on cronometer.com as regularly as I should, but when I started Peat-ing, I could only stomach about 2000 calories a day. Now, I'm hungry if I don't get at least 3,500.
-I eat cereal (I've always loved Cocoa Puffs since I was a toddler) because it's low in PUFA, high in sugar, and has lots of B-vitamins
-I eat a lot of ricotta cheese (no enzymes: the only ingredients are milk, vinegar, and salt)
-I occasionally take Great Lakes gelatin to get something other than milk/cheese protein
-I make sure my sugar-to-protein ratio at any sitting is at least 2:1
-I make sure my calcium-to-phosphorous ratio is greater than 1

In summary, my diet is just basic Peat-ing. However, I go by how I react to any food before I decide if I should keep eating it or not. That's why I have some non-Peat approved stuff like cereal, beans, blueberries, etc. But in general, I follow almost everything Dr. Peat has suggested.

Supplements (I used to go crazy with supplements, but I don't really see any effects from any of them except thyroid and progesterone. I just take them all because Dr. Peat says they are protective against cancer/brain degeneration/etc. in the long-run):
IMPORTANT: supplements, especially thyroid and progesterone, screwed me up whenever I took them without good nutrition.
-I take desiccated thyroid. This is what first made me start Peat-ing. Finasteride, Omega-3 capsules, Vitamin B6, Zinc, I had tried everything and nothing was working for my hair, and I was desperate, so I ordered some thyroid. Just minutes after I took thyroid...I felt like I was ALIVE. Colors were more vivid, the world was warmer, I felt like I was a ghost before I took that pill. That's when I started doing research about thyroid and ended up finding Dr. Peat's stuff.
-I take a powder which has both aspirin and caffeine, and I balance the aspirin out with Vitamin K.
-I take Vitamin E and Vitamin A.

Lifestyle:
-I became religious and interested in living a good life, not a hedonistic one, and cut down on casual sex/masturbation. Improving my nutrition causes my personality to change, and my changed personality inspires me to take better care of myself...it's a positive feedback cycle.
-Dr. Peat doesn't recommend exercise, but this is another one of those things for which I don't listen to his recommendations. I try to run a mile when I can. Often times, I go a week without running, other weeks, I'm running every single day, so my exercise regimen is very informal. I don't exercise more than 10 minutes a day. I'm going to start lifting weights, but only once my body has healed even more.
-My sleep cycle is messed up from numerous all-nighters, but I feel noticeably better on days I sleep early and wake up early. Even if I get the same of sleep, I feel worse when I sleep late and wake up late.
-I breathe less. I don't do anything like Buteyko to increase CO2, but I consciously notice when I am breathing more than I need to, and I do my best to stay as relaxed as possible wherever I am.
-I love taking showers, my whole body, especially hands and feet, are very warm for a long time after I take showers, so I'm sure they are good for metabolism.

In summary, I just listen to my body. I keep doing things that make me feel better and stop doing things that make me feel worse.

This is long as hell and took a long time to type, so I hope it helps!

Great balance between integrating intelligent principles while making it work within the confines of your life. This type of balance is essential to healing IMO. Cheers.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals