PROJECT 17 ( FULL): Danny Roddy: Talking With Ray Peat 2

burtlancast

(NEW: After posting your transcription, in an effort to save time for everybody, please drop a PM to the member due to verify your part ( when possible).)
To save yourself some serious time during transcribing, please first visit this short updated FAQ : START HERE: FAQ :transcribing advice (last update: 9 nov) (this FAQ was last updated on: 9 nov)

Post here to claim a part for you to transcribe, and it will be yours. Check further down this thread to see which parts remain to be transcribed.

You can transcribe multiple parts; but in order to facilitate the attribution process for verifying , please avoid transcribing adjacents parts ( ex: do parts 1 and 3 instead of parts 1 and 2)

Please don't forget to EDIT YOUR INITIAL POST and include BOTH TRANSCRIBED and VERIFIED parts. This will keep localized inside the thread each volunteer's work.

Each of your post should include thus at least these 3 lines:
-Part 1 for Burt
- Link for transcribed part 1: MEGA ... WDN356wsbY
- Link for verification of part 2: MEGA ... WDN356wsbY

Once the parts have been verified, no more work is needed from anyone. The final piecing together of all parts into a full transcript will be done by Loess.

Only post here to claim a part and to upload your finished files.
Comments can be posted at: Comments for TRANSCRIPT PROJECTS

Lenght: 54 min
Name: Danny Roddy: Talking With Ray Peat 2 Generative energy podcast
Download link: MEGA

Part 1: for Burtlancast MEGA
Part 2: for Marteagal : MEGA
Part 3: for Burtlancast: MEGA
Part 4: for Marteagal : MEGA
Part 5: for Burtlancast: MEGA
Part 6 :for Marteagal : MEGA
Part 7: for Burtlancast: MEGA
Part 8: for Marteagal : MEGA

Attached to this post are all individual parts, if one cannot use Mega.

Attachments

• Part 1.mp3
    5.8 MB · Views: 94
  • Part 2.mp3
    6.1 MB · Views: 27
  • Part 3.mp3
    4.7 MB · Views: 16
  • Part 4.mp3
    8.1 MB · Views: 20
  • Part 8.mp3
    4.8 MB · Views: 20
  • Part 7.mp3
    3.9 MB · Views: 20
  • Part 5.mp3
    4 MB · Views: 21
  • Part 6.mp3
    4.1 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:
OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

Part 1 for Burt

DR: Hello everybody. Today I’m talking with painter-philosopher-biologist Raymond Peat. We will talk about the passing of Mae-Wan Ho, Vladimir Vernadsky, carbon dioxide, the NAD+/NADH ratio, new and old hormones, thyroid brands, how Ray makes his coffee, and so much more. As always, please do your own research and come to your own conclusions: in the spirit of William Blake, “The true method of knowledge is experiment”.
Ray, I thought we could start off by talking about Mae-Wan Ho.

RP: Oh. I just ran across her review of “The rainbow and the worm”, about 15 years ago, I guess, whenever it came out.

DR: And did you think of her as an ally in your fight against mainstream science?

RP: Oh sure. That “coherence” thing is where I’ve been going since the sixties, anyway.

DR: Have you ever seen photos like she has in her book? When you see them, you immediately think there’s more to the picture than the kind of materialist science we’ve been sold.

RP: Yea. I think it was about 1955, when I was in Mexico first, the square in Patzcuaro, people had laid out the different fish they had caught. And two different kinds of them were transparent, sort of like green jello; I ate them; they called them white fish. So I’ve had some delicious fried, transparent fish that were just like ordinary white fish when they were cooked, opaque and bones, everything. But I was intrigued by how something with bones and blood and guts and everything hard, all of the standard organs, how it could be perfectly transparent when it was uncooked. And that made me think about the light beam, sort of carried in channels to bypass the bones, effectively making bones, and liver, and everything disappear.

DR: And that can only happen if the organism was like a liquid crystalline, like she talks about, and you also mention?

RP: Well, that got me interested in how water works all by itself. In around the same time I was interested in electrical fields in organisms and water. And the idea of light conductivity in special ways in cytoplasm connected to the idea that organisms are sensitive not only to electrical currents and fields, but to magnetic fields, because we have our own electrical currents inside. And so, a moving charge is sensitive to the magnetic environment. And the first persons researched that I studied in any depth was Yuri Kholodov. And I went to Moscow in 68 to talk to him about his bio-magnetics, or magneto biology approach. And through him, I then got interested in Madeleine Barnothy, and her work on magneto biology. She and her husband applied good physics to study the dowsing phenomenon, and found that organisms could detect extremely weak magnetic fields. For example, caused just by water oozing underground; slow movement of slightly ionized water is enough for an organism like a person to detect. And they tried to understand how that works. Then I found Solko Tromp’s book “Psychical physics” was the title of that, published in 1949. And he reviewed the old literature on liquid crystals and argued that the cytoplasm is like liquid crystals. And you know how, [in] the computer monitors, the screen operates on [the] principle that a weak electrical field will re-order the liquid crystals? The biology behind that [existed] before the industry’s technology application of it. [Tromp] used that as the argument to explain the extreme sensitivity to electrical fields and magnetic fields.

- Link for verification of part 2: MEGA

Last edited:

marteagal

Part 4 for marteagal

- Link for transcribed part 4: MEGA
- Link for verification of part 5: MEGA

Last edited:
OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

Part 3 and 5 for Burt

- link for transcrition part 3: MEGA