Are Ray Peat and Danny Roddy Paranoid-Schizoids? (in the Kleinian sense)

IT'S OVER

Or it's self-sabotage. People can't live without community, and to go at it alone seems like a recipe for disaster.
yes, not having friends in real life is BRUTAL, i dont have motivation for doing almost anything, just lay on the bed and rotten.

THE BLACKPILL IS RUTHLESS

NcZPA9o.jpeg

Bu2QHCJ.gif

Makrosky

For example, I dreamt one night that I hung up on my Jungian, swiveled back in a desk chair, looked up and to my right, and saw a giant blue book with the binding "FREUD". That led me to my current doctor, who isn't a Freudian idealogue.
But if you want to do psychoanalysis, why go backwards to freud/klein instead of sticking with Jung? I think he brought it to next levels. Freud put the baseline but very rudimentary IMHO. If I had to do psychoanalysis I would do either Jung (3rd gen, James Hillman style) or Reich which at least takes you out of your mind and into the body.

LeeLemonoil

Satan clearly revealing himself has actually freed me up.
I’m quite content or dare I say happy.

It’s really allowed me to laser focus on what is of value to me (my husband, kids and other relationships)-
And let me drop the meaningless ***t out of my life. (Chasing the perfect job. Working on my health/my appearance. Material things. Etc.)

Ray has been talking about this stuff for a long long time. This ain’t scary news to him.

I feel similar. I don’t necessarily think about it in terms of satan revealing himself but I‘m convinced we see a period of massive cultural, civilatory decline brought about and bringing about by the worst humans can be.

While part of my dealing with it is trying to understand the biological patterns behind human hierarchy and self-organization I also have detached from many of the things around me, especially th values and ideology of the current west and focus on my well-being, my family and friends and enjoying nature

shanny

Forum Supporter
Or it's self-sabotage. People can't live without community, and to go at it alone seems like a recipe for disaster.
I see where you you're going with that. Yes, that's very true but I think some people probably would rather be alone than to take care of all of the idiots who are wildly unprepared for the potential of what could happen.

TheCalciumCad

If you haven't gone a little schizo the last 2years, are you even paying attention? Danny Roddy was walking around Mexico with progesterone and DHEA wrapped to his legs with clingfilm years prior tho, so he actually might be.

Herbie

And is why the forum has taken a paranoid turn for the worse? I really don't mean bash anyone, but I find myself looking on this forum when I'm (unconsciously) trying to hurt my sense of wellbeing. Yes, I'm in psychoanalysis.
I don't think Ray is because everything he talks about are important historical events which help us understand where we are now. Being educated on historical events which most people are unaware and blind to is not a mental illness.

The forum has become more pessimistic since early 2020 but its justified and people are preparing for the worst. It means they have a strong will to live and value their life which is not mental illness.

I recently watched the latest generative energy podcast and it did make me think about how Danny is in a pretty safe situation in a remote area of Mexico and voicing his concern for the state of the western world and how its always getting worse while the rest of us are likely right in the reality of it but he isn't in the west so he has a distorted view of it from media.

Labeling a group of people with a mental illness diagnosis term which is used in a clinical setting by trained professionals shows where your at personally.

OP
C

CoconutEffect

If you haven't gone a little schizo the last 2years, are you even paying attention? Danny Roddy was walking around Mexico with progesterone and DHEA wrapped to his legs with clingfilm years prior tho, so he actually might be.
Right. Funny, and tragic too. But I think the degree to which people regressed to a PS position in the last two years positively correlates with unmet childhood needs. The disappearance of a “good object” (a functional society).

I’ve been reading a lot of Robert L Moore, neo Jungian (deeper than JBP in my opinion).

“Tragedies” are tempered when people come together, the notion of “communitas”. Anyone who’s experienced one of the NYC blackouts, as I have, knows what I’m talking about. With Covid, there was none of that for most. As people disappeared into their phones, we got a perverted form of communitas, very very messed up.

OP
C

CoconutEffect

But if you want to do psychoanalysis, why go backwards to freud/klein instead of sticking with Jung? I think he brought it to next levels. Freud put the baseline but very rudimentary IMHO. If I had to do psychoanalysis I would do either Jung (3rd gen, James Hillman style) or Reich which at least takes you out of your mind and into the body.
It’s a good question! Freud focused on what can go wrong / Jung on what could go right, generally. I had missed fundamentals, however rudimentary.

OP
C

CoconutEffect

I don't think Ray is because everything he talks about are important historical events which help us understand where we are now. Being educated on historical events which most people are unaware and blind to is not a mental illness.

The forum has become more pessimistic since early 2020 but its justified and people are preparing for the worst. It means they have a strong will to live and value their life which is not mental illness.

I recently watched the latest generative energy podcast and it did make me think about how Danny is in a pretty safe situation in a remote area of Mexico and voicing his concern for the state of the western world and how its always getting worse while the rest of us are likely right in the reality of it but he isn't in the west so he has a distorted view of it from media.

Labeling a group of people with a mental illness diagnosis term which is used in a clinical setting by trained professionals shows where your at personally.
I didn’t really label, I just posed a question. Is it healthy to idealize what might have some roots in psychopathology? Nietzsche was helpful, but his situation didn’t end well.

B

Blaze

And is why the forum has taken a paranoid turn for the worse? I really don't mean bash anyone, but I find myself looking on this forum when I'm (unconsciously) trying to hurt my sense of wellbeing. Yes, I'm in psychoanalysis.
The changes Danny and Georgi and even Ray speak of on their podcasts are easily verifiable by simply watching the news and online censorship and the enslaving mankind by using technology and other control methods. Not paranoia. I wish you were correct and that they are wrong, that it was all just paranoia and not reality.

Also, a lot of varied viewpoints are shared by all of us that come here. If that "hurts" your sense of well being, then perhaps the only way for you to feel well or safe is to not be exposed to any opinions that threaten that. Psychoanalysis in my opinion will not fix this for me or you. Making your supposed unconscious thoughts rise to the level of consciousness and then supposedly be able to confront and deal with them is abstract and a highly theoretical construct to me. Only facing our fears and finding a way to be brave and strong in the face of this reality will give you a way to continue to function despite the sometimes unpalatable realities that comprise this existence.

As to wellbeing, the truth is that there is no well being, no safety, we are always being threatened on some level no matter how minute, life is strife and a struggle to avoid suffering and survive, and enjoy to what beauty we can, and find meaning in spite of the brevity of it .

Wishing you great success in whatever you would like to achieve with the psychoanalysis, though I think what may really end up happening instead of finding healing from without, you will instead find what you need within you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Elie

Forum Supporter
As a Kleinian I think this forum is a microcosm sampling of the world's macrocosm.

OP
C

CoconutEffect

The changes Danny and Georgi and even Ray speak of on their podcasts are easily verifiable by simply watching the news and online censorship and the enslaving mankind by using technology and other control methods. Not paranoia. I wish you were correct and it was just paranoia and not reality.

Also, a lot of varied viewpoints are shared by all of us that come here. If that "hurts" your sense of well being, then perhaps the only way for you to feel well or safe is to not be exposed to any opinions that threaten that. Psychoanalysis in my opinion will not fix this for me or you. Only facing our fears and finding a way to be brave and strong in the face of this reality will give you a way to continue to function despite the sometimes unpalatable realities that comprise this existence.

As to wellbeing, there is no well being, no safety, life is strife and a struggle to avoid suffering and survive and enjoy what we can in spite of the brevity of it .

Wishing you great success in whatever you would like to achieve with the psychoanalysis, though I think what really may really end up happening instead of finding healing from without, you will instead find what you need within you.
I think it’s okay to have a ritual elder during difficult times.

I don’t deny the tyranny of the current culture by saying you people here are simply paranoid, that’s just lazy. I see what’s going on, I know tyranny, I escaped from an actual tyrannical NPD father, after spending most of my childhood in a regressed state of “soul loss”.

But to regress to a PS position in the face of authoritarianism is a weakness, I’m just speaking from recent experience. I hope it‘s helpful, I like Melanie Klein, her contributions are important.

B

Blaze

I think it’s okay to have a ritual elder during difficult times.

I don’t deny the tyranny of the current culture by saying you people here are simply paranoid, that’s just lazy. I see what’s going on, I know tyranny, I escaped from an actual tyrannical NPD father, after spending most of my childhood in a regressed state of “soul loss”.

But to regress to a PS position in the face of authoritarianism is a weakness, I’m just speaking from recent experience. I hope it‘s helpful, I like Melanie Klein, her contributions are important.
Understood, although I'm not a big fan of Klein, if the help you are getting based on her ideas is benefitting you, then by all means pursue that. In the end, you getting what you need to become a better more functional individual is what matters.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Only facing our fears and finding a way to be brave and strong

Thanks for saying this.
And even if we do not feel brave or strong while doing it, facing reality and keeping the fight going is the only way forward. Everything else is either delusion or learned helplessness. I can't believe that with everything going on, economically, politically, socially, and even geographically there is still a sentiment among some forum users along the lines of "come on, we are over-reacting". Yep, articles like the ones below definitely show that we are "overreacting". /s

B

Blaze

Thanks for saying this.
And even if we do not feel brave or strong while doing it, facing reality and keeping the fight going is the only way forward. Everything else is either delusion or learned helplessness. I can't believe that with everything going on, economically, politically, socially, and even geographically there is still a sentiment among some forum users along the lines of "come on, we are over-reacting".
You are welcome, and a humble thanks to Ray and you and Danny for the sheer amount of information you present. It has really helped many of us to think in new directions. If you hear an occasional criticism, thats normal. We all have to challenge new ideas to see if they can stand up to examination. Don't fret, lot of gratitude here for the value of what you provide.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals