Are Ray Peat and Danny Roddy Paranoid-Schizoids? (in the Kleinian sense)

OP
C

CoconutEffect

Thanks for saying this.
And even if we do not feel brave or strong while doing it, facing reality and keeping the fight going is the only way forward. Everything else is either delusion or learned helplessness. I can't believe that with everything going on, economically, politically, socially, and even geographically there is still a sentiment among some forum users along the lines of "come on, we are over-reacting". Yep, articles like the ones below definitely show that we are "overreacting". /s
I'm aware of all this, and I don't disagree, and I am also concerned, and I commend you @haidut for your contributions too.

OP
C

CoconutEffect

Only facing our fears and finding a way to be brave and strong in the face of this reality will give you a way to continue to function despite the sometimes unpalatable realities that comprise this existence.
I believe we are saying the same thing when I said, "don't regress in the face of tyranny". Even Freud didn't want to leave Austria when the Nazis came to power, and they raided his home and burned his books. Are we really at that point yet? These people are a loud minority. "I believe in God but I tie up my camel"

We disagree about "making the unconscious conscious".

B

Blaze

We disagree about "making the unconscious conscious".
Yes we do, but that's ok, no worries. I have a bias, an inherent distrust of the current and past science used to understand and determine mental health. Seems they just over complexify and make murky things that are inherently more fundamental and simple.

It's for you to decide what to trust my friend. I would never dare to insist you follow my ideas where they are in conflict with your own.

P

Peatness

I don't think Ray is because everything he talks about are important historical events which help us understand where we are now. Being educated on historical events which most people are unaware and blind to is not a mental illness.

The forum has become more pessimistic since early 2020 but its justified and people are preparing for the worst. It means they have a strong will to live and value their life which is not mental illness.

I recently watched the latest generative energy podcast and it did make me think about how Danny is in a pretty safe situation in a remote area of Mexico and voicing his concern for the state of the western world and how its always getting worse while the rest of us are likely right in the reality of it but he isn't in the west so he has a distorted view of it from media.

Labeling a group of people with a mental illness diagnosis term which is used in a clinical setting by trained professionals shows where your at personally.

If you haven't gone a little schizo the last 2years, are you even paying attention? Danny Roddy was walking around Mexico with progesterone and DHEA wrapped to his legs with clingfilm years prior tho, so he actually might be.
But the guy has a full head of hair!!

Cloudhands

what is sanity? Is there a mode of being that the DSM hasnt turned into a classified condition? The definition of schizoid personality disorder is basically someone with antisocial personality traits. Can you honestly look at our society and culture and say that it is healthy? And if its not healthy, can you honestly call someone unhealthy for avoiding it?

OP
C

CoconutEffect

Yes we do, but that's ok, no worries. I have a bias, an inherent distrust of the current and past science used to understand and determine mental health. Seems they just over complexify and make murky things that are inherently more fundamental and simple.

It's for you to decide what to trust my friend. I would never dare to insist you follow my ideas where they are in conflict with your own.
Not to make anything more murky, but this is a Von Franz quote that (at least for me) is therapeutic and very interesting.

“Jung said that to be in a situation where there is no way out or to be in a conflict where there is no solution is the classical beginning of the process of individuation. It is meant to be a situation without solution; the unconscious wants the hopeless conflict in order to put ego consciousness up against the wall, so that the man has to realize that whatever he does is wrong, whichever way he decides will be wrong. This is meant to knock out the superiority of the ego, which always acts from the illusion that it has the responsibility of decision. . . If he is ethical enough to suffer to the core of his personality, then generally, because of the insolubility of the conscious situation, the Self manifests. In religious language you could say that the situation without issue is meant to force the man to rely on an act of God.”

OP
C

CoconutEffect

what is sanity? Is there a mode of being that the DSM hasnt turned into a classified condition? The definition of schizoid personality disorder is basically someone with antisocial personality traits. Can you honestly look at our society and culture and say that it is healthy? And if its not healthy, can you honestly call someone unhealthy for avoiding it?
To be “in the world but not of it”, is not the same as leaving.

B

Blaze

Not to make anything more murky, but this is a Von Franz quote that (at least for me) is therapeutic and very interesting.

“Jung said that to be in a situation where there is no way out or to be in a conflict where there is no solution is the classical beginning of the process of individuation. It is meant to be a situation without solution; the unconscious wants the hopeless conflict in order to put ego consciousness up against the wall, so that the man has to realize that whatever he does is wrong, whichever way he decides will be wrong. This is meant to knock out the superiority of the ego, which always acts from the illusion that it has the responsibility of decision. . . If he is ethical enough to suffer to the core of his personality, then generally, because of the insolubility of the conscious situation, the Self manifests. In religious language you could say that the situation without issue is meant to force the man to rely on an act of God.”
Great quote, enjoyed it very much.

Also, many people when their ideas are challenged or disagreed with here, sadly respond poorly. You cannot threaten what beliefs they have in place whether it be diet and nutrition, politics, medicine, religion, or pick your poison...... without getting an extreme or sometimes insulting response instead of useful discussion.

You, on the other hand, responded to differing ideas by not taking it personal and with enjoyable repartee. Your mental health doesn't seem too dire to me. Seem very sharp.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Peatness

Right. WEF is breathing down everyone’s neck but… guavas. Something seems off.
You missed the point I was trying to make. He has a full head of hair because he has invested in peating and it works for him. I have absolutely no reason to doubt his or Ray’s sanity.

Risingfire

I don’t claim to see the world more clearly than most people, which is why I’m in analysis. I’m just pointing out the danger in idealizing a person (who is certainly a genius) but could also be paranoid-schizoid. It’s not an insult, it’s an observation.

To decide to live off the grid, because of fear of the WEF, seems to me to be a cop out.

I say that and I also avoid PUFA.
"you'll own nothing and be happy" that is you my friend

OP
C

CoconutEffect

Great quote, enjoyed it very much.

Also, many people when their ideas are challenged or disagreed with here, sadly respond poorly. You cannot threaten what beliefs they have in place whether it be diet and nutrition, politics, medicine, religion, or pick your poison...... without getting an extreme or sometimes insulting response instead of useful discussion.

You, on the other hand, responded to differing ideas by not taking it personal and with enjoyable repartee. Your mental health doesn't seem too dire to me. Seem very sharp.
Nice to you meet you, friend. And smart observation. To quote my former psychologist, (who isn't controlled opposition) "no one likes to be poked in their axioms".

OP
C

CoconutEffect

You missed the point I was trying to make. He has a full head of hair because he has invested in peating and it works for him. I have absolutely no reason to doubt his or Ray’s sanity.
I see. I thought your comment was funny.

Risingfire

Nice to you meet you, friend. And smart observation. To quote my former psychologist, (who isn't controlled opposition) "no one likes to be poked in their axioms".
Nice to meet you too, @dilantinoid. I wouldn't want to get poked their either.

I think Danny and Ray see something coming. It's almost like covid was a test. More will come

OP
C

CoconutEffect

Nice to meet you too, @dilantinoid. I wouldn't want to get poked their either.

I think Danny and Ray see something coming. It's almost like covid was a test. More will come
I see something coming too.

But... when I go to sleep, worried about the power-elite, my dreams aren't telling me flee NYC. They are telling me something very different. This has eased my tensions, and it has been almost curative. The more I record my dreams, the more dreams come.

"Dreams are the facts from which we must proceed." - Carl Jung

With Cardenosine before bed, (thank you @haidut) often I can remember all of my dreams on a given night. 4-8 short dreams. "Dreams, God's Forgotten Language" by the Jungian and Episcopal Priest John Sanford, this book changed my life. I found it at a Church.

I am attempting to speak to people here who are genuinely terrified. It's possible that there is hope.

"We have forgotten the age-old fact that God speaks chiefly through dreams and visions." - Carl Jung

But also, **** Klaus Schwab. But also, “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.” - Carl Jung

“Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darknesses of other people.” – Carl Jung

"Be not anxious"

...and also please forgive my savior complex.

"Worrying is praying to the devil" - Terrence McKenna

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals