Any Problem With Normal Instant Coffee?

i randomly read an article the other day saying that instant coffee uses some chemicals or something to dry the coffee out and they have carcinogens in them. i don't know the truth behind this, but I bought a coffee maker at walmart for literally 8.74. the cofee itself was more expensive than the machine.

answersfound

mayweatherking said:
post 110851 i randomly read an article the other day saying that instant coffee uses some chemicals or something to dry the coffee out and they have carcinogens in them. i don't know the truth behind this, but I bought a coffee maker at walmart for literally 8.74. the cofee itself was more expensive than the machine.

I know the high heat used to make coffee destroys pesticides. There's a company called mt haagan that makes organic instant coffee which doesn't use those chemicals. They freeze dry it. Its like 8 dollars on Amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Giraffe

PeatThemAll said:
post 110411 If you are intolerant (in the autoimmune meaning) to dairy/gluten, there's a Dr. Hagmeyer video on YouTube where he says 10% of instant coffee brands appear as involved in cross-reactive reactions because of industrial processes. Regular coffee (the one you grind) doesn't have this trigger.
It seems that certain brands of instant coffee are contaminated with gluten. This was discussed before, see here post 102129.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought instant coffee (the cheapest one). I wanted to decrease my water intake cause i'm freezing here in finland, so i figured i'll put instant coffee in milk instead of making regular coffee with the machine.
The taste surprised me! Damn good! It tastes like i want my coffee to taste. It has that caramel note that i want. I've tried many brands of regular coffee and it never satisfies me.

Orion

I just bought instant coffee (the cheapest one). I wanted to decrease my water intake cause i'm freezing here in finland, so i figured i'll put instant coffee in milk instead of making regular coffee with the machine.
The taste surprised me! Damn good! It tastes like i want my coffee to taste. It has that caramel note that i want. I've tried many brands of regular coffee and it never satisfies me.

Same. 1 cup milk, 1 tsp instant coffee, 3TBsp sugar, 1 TBsp collagen, Pinch of salt very tasty hot or cooled off.

I make 2 cups for breakfast, 3 cups in a thermos to take to work, and 2 cups when I get home. Nice warm hands and feet all day!

milk_lover

lol I thought I was the only one who enjoys drinking coffee in milk and sugar and some glycine and hydro coconut oil. It's the best Peat food. And you put a cold guava juice next to it and you are almost in heaven :) for me, GJ tastes much better than apple juice and some brands of OJ!
Same. 1 cup milk, 1 tsp instant coffee, 3TBsp sugar, 1 TBsp collagen, Pinch of salt very tasty hot or cooled off.

I make 2 cups for breakfast, 3 cups in a thermos to take to work, and 2 cups when I get home. Nice warm hands and feet all day!
Actually you gave me a good idea now. Thanks. Instead of just taking milk with me, I will make the thermos and take it with me. This forum never fails to give me good ideas. You rock people :)

B

Braveheart

Same....instant pure Colombian in milk w. sugar and cinamon...sometimes coconut oil...sometimes gelatin too...gives me my daily calcium also...love it.

Jsaute21

i randomly read an article the other day saying that instant coffee uses some chemicals or something to dry the coffee out and they have carcinogens in them. i don't know the truth behind this, but I bought a coffee maker at walmart for literally 8.74. the cofee itself was more expensive than the machine.

Is this true about instant??

mujuro

Forum Supporter
I only drink instant. I'm not a coffee snob and it's so convenient.

Wagner83

I tried decaffeinated instant coffee for the second time today and for the second time I'm getting a weird kind of headache with ringing ears and "swelled up" brain which feels like it could explode. Thankfully there's so much space between the brain and the skull that it's unlikely to happen.

Last edited:

Luann

I have a thread on the RPF about how instant coffee has more magnesium, caffeine, and chlorogenic acid, an antioxidant, than normal coffee per serving. I like instant, with plenty of sugar.

johnsmith

I tried decaffeinated instant coffee for the second time today and for the second time I'm getting a weird kind of headache with ringing ears and "swelled up" brain which feels like it could explode. Thankfully there's so much space between the brain and the skull that it's unlikely to happen.

I came to this thread for the same reason. Non-decaf though, and didn't get ringing ears. Maybe ill switch to a higher quality instant coffee.

Inaut

So I’m trying to step back from caffeine pills and incorporate more coffee, preferably instant because of convenience.... Does anybody know how much caffeine is in Nescafe Gold Espresso per teaspoon. Not much info online and I want to maintain around 200mgs twice a day. I really like caffeine pills but think I’d be better off with the synergistic effects of coffee as opposed to just isolated caffeine.

Thanks

LuMonty

So I’m trying to step back from caffeine pills and incorporate more coffee, preferably instant because of convenience.... Does anybody know how much caffeine is in Nescafe Gold Espresso per teaspoon. Not much info online and I want to maintain around 200mgs twice a day. I really like caffeine pills but think I’d be better off with the synergistic effects of coffee as opposed to just isolated caffeine.

Thanks
I had the same question but for a different brand. In my case, mine is a generic medium roast. Only thing I could find didn't specify roast type and says about 32mg per teaspoon. A tablespoon is three of those, so you'd need about 2 tablespoons. Of course, lighter coffee is typically more caffeinated so I can't say how useful this is. That said, I certainly get more of a kick from instant than regular brew so maybe less is more for some reason. I'll let you know if I find more useful information.

LuMonty

Thanks @LuMonty.

I guess I need to experiment some more as well.
You're welcome! I had 2 tablespoons and a teaspoon the first day I tried some, which should only be about half of my usual caffeine and the amount you're aiming for, but I was up almost all night. I hope this gives you a rough idea to start with.

Inaut

I’m going to do a tbsp after the gym today and see what’s up :)

Inaut

Pretty good actually. going to try 2 tbsps tonight for a fine tuning of sorts. 1 tbps with a touch of water and some sugar (tastes close to a decent espesso :)

update to follow. remind me if I forget @LuMonty ;)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals