Coffee Alternative

Sitaruîm

Hello folks,

Coffee doesn't sit too well with me, I enjoy the aroma and the flavor, but I don't consume it regularly because health-wise I only seem to get negative effects from it. I am an Argentine, and in my country we drink mate every day. Yerba Mate is a plant that grows in the northeastern region of my country, as well as the bordering countries of Paraguay and Brazil. It has a lower caffeine content than coffee, but I attribute the immense cognitive boost (as well as mood improvement) I get from it to its being a plant rather than a seed. All you need is a mug, a mate straw (bombilla), hot water (slightly lower temp than boiling water), and a flask, because you will be pouring small amounts of water on it rather frequently.

1621776247431.png

It is a very bitter tea and can be an acquired taste, but adding some white sugar on top before each time you pour water has a great mellowing effect. If you would like to get started I recommend the brand Rosamonte Suave.

If you have any questions feel free to ask them and if you do experiment with it I'll be happy to hear from you!

mayku-T-meelo

I got this one on the shelf. What's your opinion on regional differences in quality?

There were a few threads some years ago, people were posting studies in regard to metal and halogen contamination of the plant material.

Also, when I'm drinking it, I use a glass straw.

Attachments

• 1621777379420.png
    1621777379420.png
    886.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 1621777853400.png
    1621777853400.png
    159.6 KB · Views: 9
OP
Sitaruîm

Sitaruîm

I got this one on the shelf. What's your opinion on regional differences in quality?

There were a few threads some years ago, people were posting studies in regard to metal and halogen contamination of the plant material.

Also, when I'm drinking it, I use a glass straw.
I'm ignorant of how region affects quality, and I was unaware of this sort of contamination, definitely worth looking into. Hopefully sticking to the higher-quality brands is enough to avert the problem.

equipoise

Methylene Blue works really good as a nootropic for me. Also B1 & B3. I don't drink tea. Really nothing can proper replace coffee, good quality coffee is one of the best buzzes of all time

ArtIt

I use both coffee and yerba mate. In the morning I brew yerba mate as follows: 3 tbsp of Canarias yerba mate + one packet of Iton green tea. Yerba mate and green tea need the same temperature for brewing. That gives me in the morning a sustained energy for couple of hours.

清貴杉山

Hello folks,

Coffee doesn't sit too well with me, I enjoy the aroma and the flavor, but I don't consume it regularly because health-wise I only seem to get negative effects from it. I am an Argentine, and in my country we drink mate every day. Yerba Mate is a plant that grows in the northeastern region of my country, as well as the bordering countries of Paraguay and Brazil. It has a lower caffeine content than coffee, but I attribute the immense cognitive boost (as well as mood improvement) I get from it to its being a plant rather than a seed. All you need is a mug, a mate straw (bombilla), hot water (slightly lower temp than boiling water), and a flask, because you will be pouring small amounts of water on it rather frequently.

View attachment 23693

It is a very bitter tea and can be an acquired taste, but adding some white sugar on top before each time you pour water has a great mellowing effect. If you would like to get started I recommend the brand Rosamonte Suave.

If you have any questions feel free to ask them and if you do experiment with it I'll be happy to hear from you!
bro are you from argentina?!?!?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals