Amazing "Croissant Diet" Experiment Results (Stearic Acid/Saturated Fat)

Ingenol

I got the 99% powder featured in this thread and mixed it into clarified butter as instructed. It still has a pretty waxy feel when used for cooking and the stearic acid seems to re-separate out a bit and coat pots and pans. It's challenging to clean since with just soap and water, so I would advise against attempting to make or cook with this in cookware you care about. I'm quite sure I got the ratio at least fairly correct since I weighed out the stearic acid to the instructed amounts.

I eat a very low fat diet so I will start incorporating this slowly and see what happens. I previously experimented with the 50% stearyl alcohol by just chewing the pellets and noticed copious amounts coming out the other end so I don't think it was being digested without a carrier oil. Curious to see if I see any different results this way.

Krigeren

The only stearic acid I've seen w/ 99% on the label is here: Stearic Acid, 8 oz - Free Shipping [stear08] | DudaDiesel Biodiesel Supplies (also listed on amazon). If I'm reading the COA correctly, it is 50% palmitic acid and 49.2% stearic acid. They might be getting the 99+% purity claim from the sum of those two FA's b/c of some obscure formulary rules that allow them to claim a mixture as "stearic acid".

It also has Hystrene® 5016 on the label and the description for that here Hystrene® 5016 NF-FG Stearic Acid (Food Grade) from another vendor seems to confirm that.

If that's what you bought, it doesn't appear to be more than around 50% stearic acid.

It is food grade so should be safe but it is my understanding that most of the food grade stearic acid being sold consists of roughly 50% palmitic acid. Guessing it is probably also effective for supplementing stearic acid, but you may only be getting half of what you're expecting.

tankasnowgod

The only stearic acid I've seen w/ 99% on the label is here: Stearic Acid, 8 oz - Free Shipping [stear08] | DudaDiesel Biodiesel Supplies (also listed on amazon). If I'm reading the COA correctly, it is 50% palmitic acid and 49.2% stearic acid. They might be getting the 99+% purity claim from the sum of those two FA's b/c of some obscure formulary rules that allow them to claim a mixture as "stearic acid".

It also has Hystrene® 5016 on the label and the description for that here Hystrene® 5016 NF-FG Stearic Acid (Food Grade) from another vendor seems to confirm that.

If that's what you bought, it doesn't appear to be more than around 50% stearic acid.

It is food grade so should be safe but it is my understanding that most of the food grade stearic acid being sold consists of roughly 50% palmitic acid. Guessing it is probably also effective for supplementing stearic acid, but you may only be getting half of what you're expecting.

Brad brought some of the 90% stuff and is selling it through his website, in consumer level quantities.

kaybb

When this thread was first started I got really excited and pre-ordered his stearic-acid rich butter. It's on the way! If anyone has any questions about it or wants photos let me know!
Yes! Please keep us updated

megadorus

Have you guys tried cooking with deodorized cocoa butter? It's amazing, especially for frying meat.
It contains slightly more MUFA than butterfat, but its stearic acid content is also higher.
You can probably add a little hydrogenated coconut oil to increase the saturated / unsaturated fat ratio even further.

RWilly

I wonder of shea butter (which is high in stearic acid) applied on the skin would have results.

I have a friend who lost a significant amount of weight (before I knew her), who didn't change her eating habits. But she did drastically reduce her stress
and now she's big into skin care with herbals and shea butter. I often wonder if the skin care played a role in the weight loss.

tankasnowgod

I wonder of shea butter (which is high in stearic acid) applied on the skin would have results.

I have a friend who lost a significant amount of weight (before I knew her), who didn't change her eating habits. But she did drastically reduce her stress
and now she's big into skin care with herbals and shea butter. I often wonder if the skin care played a role in the weight loss.

Haidut posted this thread showing that transdermal application can affect the fatty acid profile, and one memeber noticed a slimming effect from coconut oil over a six month period- Transdermal Delivery Of Saturated Fat Changes Systemic Fatty Acid Profile

I have been using HCO and Stearic Acid (or Stearyl Alcohol) on my skin for this reason. I've noticed a significant improvement of some parts of my skin, and have only been doing this regularly for less than a month.

Nicole W.

Has anyone lost body fat this way?
Why has no one responded to this question definitively? It’s been a couple weeks and several of you are experimenting with this strategy. If no one has lost at least a few pounds, is it worth continuing?

Broken man

Why has no one responded to this question definitively? It’s been a couple weeks and several of you are experimenting with this strategy. If no one has lost at least a few pounds, is it worth continuing?
I dont know if I lost weight but I feel good after stearic acid.

milkboi

Yeah, I wouldn‘t bet on that strategy to lose weight. Maybe it could be complimentary to a weight loss program though.

jaminhealth

Too many fads out there. I eat pretty balanced and bring NO breadstuffs in my house now for 10 yrs.

tankasnowgod

Haven't noticed much change, but I am in on the SFA/UFA ratio and Stearic acid for the long haul. I also know (personally) that I often have a hard time loosing weight in winter, so January isn't the best barometer. That said, I will be making some tweaks over time.

Krigeren

I posted somewhat positive results w/ just cocoa butter (easy source of supplemental stearic acid for me); lost 2 lbs while eating 15% / 400 more calories per day over a week w/ roughly the same macro breakdown. Not too bad.

I get the impression that most posting here are more experimenting w/ SA, so Reddit might be a better place to look for results with those combining SA and starch like Brad did, e.g.: wow. I'm down 6+ pounds this week. (Croissant diet anecdote - r/saturatedfat Crosspost ) : ketoscience.

tankasnowgod

One other thing I will say in regards to this...... temps have been significantly higher recently. Despite it being winter, I have been taking less and less thyroid throughout the day. I almost think I have lowered it too quickly, but I notice frequently that temps and pulse are already quite high around the times I usually take them. I have had temps over 99 after meals, even a couple hours after meals. I think this is certainly a confounder in my case.

tankasnowgod

Oh, I am really curious.... I need to find a better way how to increase my stearic acid intake because its so good for me, even taking thyroid is much easier now and that is just small benefit, the best thing is the way it calms me, its so easy to concetrate now.

Tried the stearyl alcohol with dinner on Friday, didn't seem to notice much. Overall, I think I prefer the Stearic Acid, at least with food. Will probably try again at some point. I also mixed some with HCO to use on skin. It came out harder than when I mixed in stearic acid, but I may have gone a bit overboard with the amount of Stearyl Alcohol.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals