Alarming increase in moles

Ben.

How much boron have you found effective in that regard?

3mg of sodium borate. Felt like i gave a starving body finally what it needed. First day felt like a high that consisted of strong hair, random boners and intense confidence/libido. Obviously that sort of effect diminished but digestion and hair continue to be good on that dose. Atleast 2 bowel movements with ghostwipes a day without any fiber intake. I assume because it allows copper to be utilized better and improving vitamin d status and all the implications that follow.

Havent went on to dosages yet (10-15mg) that are used for arthritic issues altough i might try that eventually. Tried 6mg but didn't notice much of a difference.
Note however that that is just my experience. No idea if it does much for someone else.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Saw Matt Blackburn latest post on skin tags, and he said the same applies to moles. He basically says it's a systemic issue, the problem being Retinol and Vitamin E deficiency especially, K2 and Magnesium too.
Might try some cod liver oil and order some Tocovit.

10F14B11-7225-4BE2-A617-BF56FE66E62A.jpeg

4AA9D5D2-B020-4980-8663-A8A44EEACB20.jpeg

Last edited:

noodlecat

Saw Matt Blackburn latest post on skin tags, and he said the same applies to moles. He basically says it's a systemic issue, the problem being Retinol and Vitamin E deficiency especially, K2 and Magnesium too.
Might try some cod liver oil and order some Tocovit.

View attachment 35804

View attachment 35805
i cannot stand blackburn. i never heard him apologize for pushing pufas then doing a 180 and pushing info from peat.

sebastian_r

for me its blood sugar / insulin related

when I eat carbs they pop up at insane rate

when I'm keto/carnivore I dont get any

when I'm on steroids and my blood sugar is lower I don't get any

carbs from starch/dairy a lot worse than carbs from fruit

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Short update: It seems like ever since using Tocovit, the situation has stabilized and no new moles are appearing.

DDRB

To every person here who has a health problem there is someone to suggest that PUFAs need to be reduced even more, and that basically it's all the fault of the PUFAs. I even saw someone somewhere advising to eat less than one gram a day when most people in the world are already deficient in omega 3 and you risk various fairly serious problems (cardiovascular problems, vision problems, dry skin...)
I really feel like I see orthorexic hysterical vegans whining and being afraid of dying because of the small gram of SFA in their teaspoon of cocoa powder.

Besides, maybe the op needs omega 3/6 for his skin? it's not like he has to gorge on it and consume vegetable oils. Just some nuts, fish, pork etc.

jomamma007

I’ve been noticing a similar thing as of last year, which was about 8 months into peating. I wonder if it’s from stress or if some people need more omega 3s. Once I cut out starch and replaced it with fruit/sugar they started appearing rapidly. Maybe it was harder to balance blood sugar without starch. I take vitamin E and have throughout this whole process. I think either fruit/juice or just being under more stress has caused them. They seem to be cherry angiomas first, and then fade and a mole takes it’s place. Not 100% sure the mole takes it place, or just pops up in a similar area.

Ben.

I wish the appearance and purpose of moles were better understood. They are not as insignificant as they are made out to be.

Mossy

To every person here who has a health problem there is someone to suggest that PUFAs need to be reduced even more, and that basically it's all the fault of the PUFAs. I even saw someone somewhere advising to eat less than one gram a day when most people in the world are already deficient in omega 3 and you risk various fairly serious problems (cardiovascular problems, vision problems, dry skin...)
I really feel like I see orthorexic hysterical vegans whining and being afraid of dying because of the small gram of SFA in their teaspoon of cocoa powder.

Besides, maybe the op needs omega 3/6 for his skin? it's not like he has to gorge on it and consume vegetable oils. Just some nuts, fish, pork etc.
I'm not certain if you're aware, but low PUFA is a key principle in the Ray Peat persepctive for good health.

Blue Water

When I went on finasteride I got a bunch of moles. The reason, I believe, was due to an increase in estrogen, and change with tyrosine tyrosinase.

MarcelZD

Many people report great improvements in skin quality from higher gamma-linolenic acid intake.

Brundle

I can't help but wonder whether sightings of moles are Mother Earth's way of warning us about an impending disaster. You started seeing these underground creatures only a couple of days before Russia's incursion into Ukraine. Perhaps they were Nature's suggestion to us that we follow their example and "lay low" for a season until the present danger has passed. At any rate, you have given me plenty to think about.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals