Copper Supplementation Increased Brown Spots Number

RWilly

I used to have low ceruloplasmin from heavy zinc use. Id ended up with all the symptoms and searched many years for reason and cure. My symptoms was extreme fatigue, anxiety, low libido and most pronounce bad joints, joint cracking and pop almost every couple of minutes, also severe restless legs. Eventually I started to notice that symptoms became worse everytime I took zinc supplement specially between 30-100mg dosage. Was very stupid of me. I suffered so much for many years. Eventually I made the connection. I bought copper and read so much about it specially its role in healthy joints. My joints felt destroyed at age 24. And my life was a misery. Once I started taking copper I noticed a little improvement within the first week. After a month I could really tell it was working. I went did ceruloplasmin test when I started out. My ceruloplasmin was 15 with range was 15-45. So it was just on range to be under acceptable and any result under 20 could apparently be suspected as wilsons disease where you have a dysfunction of ceruloplasmin production. I didnt have wilsons disease. I had just tanked my copper so much using zinc. Took me 6 Months of copper supplementation of 4-10mg per day to get my ceruloplasmin to 36. All symptoms gone. I still have very minor joint issues still improving to this day. Back when I used 14mg I did not notice anything special except improvements in my symptoms. But thats not strange since I likely was so severly low in copper stores. Still to this day I now take 2mg copper everyday. I think modern diet today generally lacks it. I eat liver now aswell buy I’m also heavy meat eater with high zinc from diet. I’ve tried zinc today and honestly it makes me feel ***t just 2 days in I throw away the bottle I can tell symptoms are returning if I use it. I can eat 50mg zinc from meat and get no symptoms but even 10-20mg from supplements make me crap. Since then I have also found out the combination of retinol and copper being the best fastest way to restore both copper and ceruloplasmin. You need copper to make ceruloplasmin in the liver but this wont happen without adequate retinol. Retinol helps keep copper away from organs and liver out in the blood as ceruloplasmin. And copper/ceruloplasmin helps keep iron from tissue build up. It helps iron to load on transferrin receptor and transport it around where its needed. This system is soooo inportant for your health and metabolism it cant be understated. Zinc is a very dangerous mineral to play with. I think imo its much more risky to play with than with copper. People say copper depletes zinc. I have never seen a single study on this. Theres no evidence for it only that minerals can block absorption. But that goes for any mineral. Zinc actually reduces ceruloplasmin and copper. Maybe through using up retinol levels. I know zinc and retinol has some sort of relationship. So if your supplementing zinc I’m sure you would need both retinol and copper to avoid bad effects. Even then I’m not sure. I think this area with these minerals are under studied. Very complex relationships.

Great share. Thanks.

Amazoniac

Raj's..

- The Edema of Stress

"Many animal diseases, produced by copper deficiency and its associated respiratory defect, involve swelling of the brain and/or spinal cord. Dogs, horses, and sheep develop weakness or paralysis of the hind legs, as a result of compression of the edematous spinal cord. In chronic copper deficiency, cells absorb an excess or iron,[14] so treatment isn't just a simple matter of giving supplementary copper. Hyperosmotic therapy, to directly relieve the swelling and restore circulation, would probably have to be the first step. In treating either hypoxia or iron-overload, there is the danger of tissue injury from the free radicals produced by reduced iron."​

RWilly

Raj's..

- The Edema of Stress

"Many animal diseases, produced by copper deficiency and its associated respiratory defect, involve swelling of the brain and/or spinal cord. Dogs, horses, and sheep develop weakness or paralysis of the hind legs, as a result of compression of the edematous spinal cord. In chronic copper deficiency, cells absorb an excess or iron,[14] so treatment isn't just a simple matter of giving supplementary copper. Hyperosmotic therapy, to directly relieve the swelling and restore circulation, would probably have to be the first step. In treating either hypoxia or iron-overload, there is the danger of tissue injury from the free radicals produced by reduced iron."​

Any insight on what hyperosmotic therapy entails?

Jing

Do you have rls, joint issues? If you are unsure go get blood test done. Test for ceruloplasmin, transferrin and serum iron. Imo if these all three are low end range. Specially ceruloplasmin. Also if you know you have history of using high doses of zinc it could be an indicator. You could also try get a strong retinol supplement. I used thorne 25 000 IU per pill. And yeah any copper supplement 4-8mg per day would be enough to show effects fairly soon. Should feel different within a month of daily use.
I don't have rls I do have joint pains , and it's very easy for me to crack and pop my feet I can just do it constantly by moving my toes and I have taken quite abit of zinc in the past.

Lucas

I used to have low ceruloplasmin from heavy zinc use. Id ended up with all the symptoms and searched many years for reason and cure. My symptoms was extreme fatigue, anxiety, low libido and most pronounce bad joints, joint cracking and pop almost every couple of minutes, also severe restless legs. Eventually I started to notice that symptoms became worse everytime I took zinc supplement specially between 30-100mg dosage. Was very stupid of me. I suffered so much for many years. Eventually I made the connection. I bought copper and read so much about it specially its role in healthy joints. My joints felt destroyed at age 24. And my life was a misery. Once I started taking copper I noticed a little improvement within the first week. After a month I could really tell it was working. I went did ceruloplasmin test when I started out. My ceruloplasmin was 15 with range was 15-45. So it was just on range to be under acceptable and any result under 20 could apparently be suspected as wilsons disease where you have a dysfunction of ceruloplasmin production. I didnt have wilsons disease. I had just tanked my copper so much using zinc. Took me 6 Months of copper supplementation of 4-10mg per day to get my ceruloplasmin to 36. All symptoms gone. I still have very minor joint issues still improving to this day. Back when I used 14mg I did not notice anything special except improvements in my symptoms. But thats not strange since I likely was so severly low in copper stores. Still to this day I now take 2mg copper everyday. I think modern diet today generally lacks it. I eat liver now aswell buy I’m also heavy meat eater with high zinc from diet. I’ve tried zinc today and honestly it makes me feel ***t just 2 days in I throw away the bottle I can tell symptoms are returning if I use it. I can eat 50mg zinc from meat and get no symptoms but even 10-20mg from supplements make me crap. Since then I have also found out the combination of retinol and copper being the best fastest way to restore both copper and ceruloplasmin. You need copper to make ceruloplasmin in the liver but this wont happen without adequate retinol. Retinol helps keep copper away from organs and liver out in the blood as ceruloplasmin. And copper/ceruloplasmin helps keep iron from tissue build up. It helps iron to load on transferrin receptor and transport it around where its needed. This system is soooo inportant for your health and metabolism it cant be understated. Zinc is a very dangerous mineral to play with. I think imo its much more risky to play with than with copper. People say copper depletes zinc. I have never seen a single study on this. Theres no evidence for it only that minerals can block absorption. But that goes for any mineral. Zinc actually reduces ceruloplasmin and copper. Maybe through using up retinol levels. I know zinc and retinol has some sort of relationship. So if your supplementing zinc I’m sure you would need both retinol and copper to avoid bad effects. Even then I’m not sure. I think this area with these minerals are under studied. Very complex relationships.
In the period that you increased your ceruloplasmin, do you took vitamin D3 too? I have read that vitamin D3 lowers ceruloplasmin.

My ceruloplasmim is below the reference range and my ferritin is high and I have heavy legs, RSL and sore knees.

Kingpinguin

In the period that you increased your ceruloplasmin, do you took vitamin D3 too? I have read that vitamin D3 lowers ceruloplasmin.

My ceruloplasmim is below the reference range and my ferritin is high and I have heavy legs, RSL and sore knees.

I have taken vitamin D on and off for a long time. I don’t think it’s just as simple as vitamin D lowers retinol. More complex but sure you will need vitamin A with D. They work in synergy. Ive seen studies vit D actually increase ceruloplasmin in cells. Yeah that is very dangerous what you describe. Bad for health. I would try and raise that ceruloplasmin.

rei

Well it is no surprise you would get brown spots when a copper enzyme (tyrosinase) makes melanin. I also get spots from tyrosine. Tyrosinase is the enzyme responsible for melanin. Some people don't seem to be prone to getting these brown spots but if you are things like tyrosine, copper can easily cause more to pop up. I would immediately stop copper unless you want more of those.

Zinc can blocks NMDA receptors and noradrenaline explaining your symptoms.
What if these "spots" are the first places the skin is starting to heal and turn normally pigmented?

Lucas

I have taken vitamin D on and off for a long time. I don’t think it’s just as simple as vitamin D lowers retinol. More complex but sure you will need vitamin A with D. They work in synergy. Ive seen studies vit D actually increase ceruloplasmin in cells. Yeah that is very dangerous what you describe. Bad for health. I would try and raise that ceruloplasmin.
My vitamin D3 is 89,8 ng/ml when I supplemented 5.000 iu each day. This dose give-me energy and a good night sleep.

My ceruloplasmin is very low, at 16,6 mg/dl, when the reference is 20 – 60 mg/dl, whit a high ferritin of 160,07 ng/ml a transferrin below the reference range of 196 mg/dl, when the range is 215- 365.

I also have hypothyroidism, maybe caused by the iron-copper dysregulation.

OP
K

Kunstruct

I also have joint issues, sometimes they can be very hard on me especially when E2 is very low, right now they are not as bad after taking some magnesium citrate and that copper I was talking about.
I am not sure if whenever I take Zinc my joint issues increase or not, but the sort of Zinc dosage that of 30mg or 100mg I have not taken any time in the last year for sure.

What I have been taking every other day, but actually not at all in that week, was around 10mg of OptiZinc.
If I am taking those high levels of Zinc (30-100mg) I do not feel good at all, seems detrimental to me, kills libido, strength, creates brain fog, apathy without question.

Zinc is one of the most hyped supplements nowadays, any website, any video blog, any doctor on youtube that tells you how to live longer and not lose your scalp hair, any pharmacy is now presenting Zinc so of course people take it.

Talking to people you see left and right they buy Zinc, guys buy Zinc in their puberty to get more Testosterone and go to the gym, surprisingly the young guys claim they get more erections with it and have wild wet dreams.

I believe whenever I take a bit of Zinc the dreams I have are not pleasant in anyway and it is not more than 10mg and not even daily.
For me unpleasant dreams seem like an indicator of something not going well more than already is not going well.

Last edited:

Kingpinguin

I also have joint issues, sometimes they can be very hard on me especially when E2 is very low, right now they are not as bad after taking some magnesium citrate and that copper I was taking about.
I am not sure if whenever I take Zinc my joint issues increase or not, but the sort of Zinc dosage that of 30mg or 100mg I have not taken any time in the last year for sure.

What I have been taking every other day, but actually not at all in that week, was around 10mg of OptiZinc.
If I am taking those high levels of Zinc (30-100mg) I do not feel good at all, seems detrimental to me, kills libido, strength, creates brain fog, apathy without question.

Zinc is one of the most hyped supplements nowadays, any website, any video blog, any doctor on youtube that tells you how to live longer and not lose your scalp hair, any pharmacy is now presenting Zinc so of course people take it.

Talking to people you see left and right they buy Zinc, guys buy Zinc in their puberty to get more Testosterone and go to the gym, surprisingly the young guys claim they get more erections with it and wild wet dreams.

I believe whenever I take a bit of Zinc the dreams I have are not pleasant in anyway and it is not more than 10mg and not even daily.
For me unpleasant dreams seem like an indicator of something not going well more than already is not going well.

nah i started zinc young at age 18. It just went downhill. Took me 2 years to start getting real problems anxiety and libido issues. The funny thing was I just increased zinc dosage once libido went away cause I thought It would help more. Eventually I started feeling it was the zinc and I made the connection. Imo its fuc kin poison. If you want zinc eat foods with it. 8-10mg is enough per day. Who came up with the idea taking even 15mg or higher.
If I knew what I do today would tell myself to flush it instantly.

RWilly

nah i started zinc young at age 18. It just went downhill. Took me 2 years to start getting real problems anxiety and libido issues. The funny thing was I just increased zinc dosage once libido went away cause I thought It would help more. Eventually I started feeling it was the zinc and I made the connection. Imo its fuc kin poison. If you want zinc eat foods with it. 8-10mg is enough per day. Who came up with the idea taking even 15mg or higher.
If I knew what I do today would tell myself to flush it instantly.

Do you still supplement with iron? I would think supplementing with both zinc and iron would have make a copper deficiency worse.

Kingpinguin

Do you still supplement with iron? I would think supplementing with both zinc and iron would have make a copper deficiency worse.

I actually do use iron on and off. I did use it more in the past as it also did help me with certain symptoms. My iron markers used to indicate deficiency. Taking iron helped with my fatigue and rls. But once my iron markers became sorta normal again I stopped getting any further benefit from it. So havent taken any iron in like 2-3 months except an ocassional pill. Sometimes I can tell my fingers and toes starts to become cold and one iron pill reverses that within hours. Liver helps with that aswell but I’ve noticed its not as effective as iron supplement can be. Think it has to do with irons role in converting T4 to more active T3. If you are iron deficient your T4 just converts to inactive r-T3

RWilly

I actually do use iron on and off. I did use it more in the past as it also did help me with certain symptoms. My iron markers used to indicate deficiency. Taking iron helped with my fatigue and rls. But once my iron markers became sorta normal again I stopped getting any further benefit from it. So havent taken any iron in like 2-3 months except an ocassional pill. Sometimes I can tell my fingers and toes starts to become cold and one iron pill reverses that within hours. Liver helps with that aswell but I’ve noticed its not as effective as iron supplement can be. Think it has to do with irons role in converting T4 to more active T3. If you are iron deficient your T4 just converts to inactive r-T3

It could be that your blood iron was low because your body is decreasing its serum levels to keep it away from pathogens as part of the acute phase reaction. Macrophages could be hanging on to your iron in the spleen, liver, adipose tissue, joints, etc. among other places. Copper can normalize iron levels. Have you noticed your hands getting warmer with copper?

Kingpinguin

It could be that your blood iron was low because your body is decreasing its serum levels to keep it away from pathogens as part of the acute phase reaction. Macrophages could be hanging on to your iron in the spleen, liver, adipose tissue, joints, etc. among other places. Copper can normalize iron levels. Have you noticed your hands getting warmer with copper?

yeah man I’ve done many many many labs on ceruloplasmin, ferritin, serum iron, transferrin, hemoglobin, C-reactive protein etc. If it was pathogen driven I would had had elevated ferritin with elevated C-reactive protein. I did not. When I started I tried only using copper by itself and measured all the mentioned blood tests even as often as once a month. Copper supplement alone slowly increased ceruloplasmin. Along with that my serum iron went from low to mid range. I did that for many months and my joints got better and rls. My iron markers stalled though and nothing happened even though ceruloplasmin went up. I was still experiencing fatigue at that point even after months of copper use and increased ceruloplasmin. Eventually I tried an iron supplement and it improved my mood and fatigue dramatically at that point. My iron status went up. And I started to feel much much better and my rls symptoms went away. Im positive my iron status was poor and that I was in need of iron. I’m pretty sure I original became iron deficient by using zinc though. There’s several studies showing how zinc lowers iron status. It also inhibits iron absorption aswell as copper. And just by inhibiting copper and lowering ceruloplasmin zinc lowers iron aswell. Ceruloplasmin is needed to absorb iron from diet in the gut. So an absence of ceruloplasmin would cause ID just because you cant absorb it anymore. I don’t believe in the hype train that iron is so bad that this forum can portay it as. And more and more people starting to acknowledge that fact. Not that iron cant be a problem. It sure can. But usually its not even irons fault. Usually its a faulty system like ceruloplasmin deficiency or inflammatory anemia, hemochromatosis etc. Peat has never out right said iron is always dangerous. His article about iron. The title is even called iron dangers. In the sence that iron can be dangerous under the right circumstances. Some people here do phlembotomy in the belief that they just outright need it. Sure do phlembotomy if you have high iron. But theres this mentality here that just seems kinda extreme. Peat only says if you have an iron dysregulation WHICH is kinda common today considering how bad the food supply is with PUFA and many other things which wrecks havoc on this balanced system. Also americans have a bigger need to avoid iron foods or specially fortification of iron since its so common there. Im european and we rarely have iron fortified foods here. In many cases it can be hard to fullfill the dietary RDI for iron eating what we eat. That doesnt make iron overload something that doesnt happen us but when it does it tends to be people who have hemochromatosis. Never heard about anyone here suffering iron overload by diet. Mostly people in europe are skinny and healthy compared to the states. Kinda hard to tell if americans are sick because of all the rapeseed they eat or if its the iron fortification, or if its both. Happy I don’t live there. Taking a food stripping it from all its nutrients. Adding PUFA to it and fortyfying it with minerals and vitamins like iron. There is the problem. Not iron itself. Eat a healthy diet with natural food and you will get all antioxidants and minerals you need, automatically you will be low in PUFA because its only processed foods containing PUFA in any high amounts. And you wont be fortified with iron either.

RWilly

yeah man I’ve done many many many labs on ceruloplasmin, ferritin, serum iron, transferrin, hemoglobin, C-reactive protein etc. If it was pathogen driven I would had had elevated ferritin with elevated C-reactive protein. I did not. When I started I tried only using copper by itself and measured all the mentioned blood tests even as often as once a month. Copper supplement alone slowly increased ceruloplasmin. Along with that my serum iron went from low to mid range. I did that for many months and my joints got better and rls. My iron markers stalled though and nothing happened even though ceruloplasmin went up. I was still experiencing fatigue at that point even after months of copper use and increased ceruloplasmin. Eventually I tried an iron supplement and it improved my mood and fatigue dramatically at that point. My iron status went up. And I started to feel much much better and my rls symptoms went away. Im positive my iron status was poor and that I was in need of iron. I’m pretty sure I original became iron deficient by using zinc though. There’s several studies showing how zinc lowers iron status. It also inhibits iron absorption aswell as copper. And just by inhibiting copper and lowering ceruloplasmin zinc lowers iron aswell. Ceruloplasmin is needed to absorb iron from diet in the gut. So an absence of ceruloplasmin would cause ID just because you cant absorb it anymore. I don’t believe in the hype train that iron is so bad that this forum can portay it as. And more and more people starting to acknowledge that fact. Not that iron cant be a problem. It sure can. But usually its not even irons fault. Usually its a faulty system like ceruloplasmin deficiency or inflammatory anemia, hemochromatosis etc. Peat has never out right said iron is always dangerous. His article about iron. The title is even called iron dangers. In the sence that iron can be dangerous under the right circumstances. Some people here do phlembotomy in the belief that they just outright need it. Sure do phlembotomy if you have high iron. But theres this mentality here that just seems kinda extreme. Peat only says if you have an iron dysregulation WHICH is kinda common today considering how bad the food supply is with PUFA and many other things which wrecks havoc on this balanced system. Also americans have a bigger need to avoid iron foods or specially fortification of iron since its so common there. Im european and we rarely have iron fortified foods here. In many cases it can be hard to fullfill the dietary RDI for iron eating what we eat. That doesnt make iron overload something that doesnt happen us but when it does it tends to be people who have hemochromatosis. Never heard about anyone here suffering iron overload by diet. Mostly people in europe are skinny and healthy compared to the states. Kinda hard to tell if americans are sick because of all the rapeseed they eat or if its the iron fortification, or if its both. Happy I don’t live there. Taking a food stripping it from all its nutrients. Adding PUFA to it and fortyfying it with minerals and vitamins like iron. There is the problem. Not iron itself. Eat a healthy diet with natural food and you will get all antioxidants and minerals you need, automatically you will be low in PUFA because its only processed foods containing PUFA in any high amounts. And you wont be fortified with iron either.

Yeah... you are fortunate not to have iron fortification in Europe. Thanks again for sharing your experience.

OP
K

Kunstruct

@Kingpinguin
What would you say if the Copper is also increasing your estrogens and for that reason your joints don't ache anymore? And that Zinc for example put down your Estradiol by reducing aromataze enzyme down so much that joint pains started?
I assume you have no tests done on this matter on yourself?

Kingpinguin

@Kingpinguin
What would you say if the Copper is also increasing your estrogens and for that reason your joints don't ache anymore? And that Zinc for example put down your Estradiol by reducing aromataze enzyme down so much that joint pains started?
I assume you have no tests done on this matter on yourself?

yes I do. When I used zinc I had testosterone at 921 but my estrogen was also sky high. Above reference range. Even though i supplemented zinc my serum zinc was not even high. Once I stopped zinc supplement and used copper for awhile my serum zinc actually increased and my estrogen dropped to mid range.

OP
K

Kunstruct

yes I do. When I used zinc I had testosterone at 921 but my estrogen was also sky high. Above reference range. Even though i supplemented zinc my serum zinc was not even high. Once I stopped zinc supplement and used copper for awhile my serum zinc actually increased and my estrogen dropped to mid range.

Very interesting.

biffbelvin

They are dark and symmetrical. Like this:

You could try topical application of Estroban. I had a mole like this which i wanted to get rid of (it was raised and appeared quite quickly so of course I thought it was skin cancer :tearsofjoy:). It disappeared after a couple of months, applying a couple of drops each evening. It was a bit odd really as I remember forgetting to apply it for a week and then I realised it had disappeared.

I think i might have applied a squirt of Solban too, but this was 5 years ago so my memory is a little hazy.

Lucas

What was your ferritin when you starting supplementing iron? Did it was iron bisglycinate that you take?

Thank you.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals