Aging Fast & Alien Confusion

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“The fatigue produced by “over-training” is probably produced by a tryptophan and serotonin overload, resulting from catabolism of muscle proteins and stress-induced increases in serotonin. Muscle catabolism also releases a large amount of cysteine, and cysteine, methionine, and tryptophan suppress thyroid function.” -Ray Peat

from “Tryptophan, serotonin, and aging” article

J.R.K

“The fatigue produced by “over-training” is probably produced by a tryptophan and serotonin overload, resulting from catabolism of muscle proteins and stress-induced increases in serotonin. Muscle catabolism also releases a large amount of cysteine, and cysteine, methionine, and tryptophan suppress thyroid function.” -Ray Peat

Interesting, I was always more leaning towards of the thought that training or working beyond your capacity resulted in exhaustion of glucose reserves, resulting in the synthesis of cortisol to catabolize muscle and/or fat, for glucogenisis, the resulting stress would shift the body from oxidative phosphorylation towards glycolysis and lactic acid production, thereby resulting in the sore and fatigued muscles associated with over training.

This would make sense to me as to how some baking soda with water helps to relieve the resulting aches and fatigue by both neutralizing the lactic acid as well as helping restoring oxidative phosphorylation by creating carbon dioxide which would be beneficial in recovery through vasodilation and allowing oxygenation and nutrients to help repair the damaged tissues.

On a separate note @Rinse&rePeat in your new photo you look spectacular! Very alluring, I mean that in only a positive way!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Interesting, I was always more leaning towards of the thought that training or working beyond your capacity resulted in exhaustion of glucose reserves, resulting in the synthesis of cortisol to catabolize muscle and/or fat, for glucogenisis, the resulting stress would shift the body from oxidative phosphorylation towards glycolysis and lactic acid production, thereby resulting in the sore and fatigued muscles associated with over training.

This would make sense to me as to how some baking soda with water helps to relieve the resulting aches and fatigue by both neutralizing the lactic acid as well as helping restoring oxidative phosphorylation by creating carbon dioxide which would be beneficial in recovery through vasodilation and allowing oxygenation and nutrients to help repair the damaged tissues.

On a separate note @Rinse&rePeat in your new photo you look spectacular! Very alluring, I mean that in only a positive way!
“Alluring” I like that! I thought it was an interesting angle that your own muscles can release tryptophan.

J.R.K

“Alluring” I like that! I thought it was an interesting angle that your own muscles can release tryptophan.
Seems reasonable, since cortisol breaks down the muscle into the basic amino acids, and since those on the forum are aware that muscle meat contains tryptophan it would be one source of raised serotonin downstream.
But I would also consider that well repeated point that @haidut brings up regarding the upregulation of serotonin during marathons near the end there is a lot of diarrhea presumably uncontrollable, due to the constant moving of the gastrointestinal contents, as well as the stress of the endurance exercise being placed upon the body. I could definitely see an uptick in all of the stress hormones across the board even if measures were taken to minimize this ie consuming sugar or orange juice to oppose cortisol and lower the inflammatory responses.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Seems reasonable, since cortisol breaks down the muscle into the basic amino acids, and since those on the forum are aware that muscle meat contains tryptophan it would be one source of raised serotonin downstream.
But I would also consider that well repeated point that @haidut brings up regarding the upregulation of serotonin during marathons near the end there is a lot of diarrhea presumably uncontrollable, due to the constant moving of the gastrointestinal contents, as well as the stress of the endurance exercise being placed upon the body. I could definitely see an uptick in all of the stress hormones across the board even if measures were taken to minimize this ie consuming sugar or orange juice to oppose cortisol and lower the inflammatory responses.
Oh wow I had no idea that marathon runners had that issue, like while they are still racing or later when it is over? Sorry for such a dumb question, but this surprises me, and I wonder is it the same for cyclists?

J.R.K

Oh wow I had no idea that marathon runners had that issue, like while they are still racing or later when it is over? Sorry for such a dumb question, but this surprises me, and I wonder is it the same for cyclists?
Apparently the scoots happen both during and after the event I suppose it depends (pardon the pun) on the condition of the athlete and if preventative measures were taken. Personally the physical response would be a red flag but these,”road warriors” appear to live by the ethos no pain no gain, or is it no brain no pain? I am still researching that one!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Apparently the scoots happen both during and after the event I suppose it depends (pardon the pun) on the condition of the athlete and if preventative measures were taken. Personally the physical response would be a red flag but these,”road warriors” appear to live by the ethos no pain no gain, or is it no brain no pain? I am still researching that one!
Yeah I am picturing some of this mess coming through the finish line!

OP
Rinse & rePeat

“Compared to other athletes, long-distance runners and walkers poop themselves an extraordinary amount. In 2016, French walker Yohann Diniz soiled himself, and heroically continued, and was able to finish in eighth place, despite fainting several times due to his gastrointestinal distress.”

“Julie Moss – who entered the Hawaii Ironman Triathalon as part of her research for her exercise physiology thesis – unfortunately, lost control of her legs and bowels at roughly the same time during the marathon event, which is as messy as you'd imagine. If you need further help imagining it, she described the incident as the “ultimate, giant, chocolate mess”.

So what is it about the sport that makes so many participants poo-their-pants?

First off, runner's diarrhea, as it is known, is a real thing. A study published in the National Library of Medicine in 1992 asked 109 long-distance athletes about their bowel movements around their runs. Sixty-two percent reported that they had stopped for a bowel movement during training, 43 percent said that they had "nervous" diarrhea before a race, 51 percent said that they had experienced diarrhea after a race, and 12 percent reported full-on fecal incontinence while running.“

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Apparently the scoots happen both during and after the event I suppose it depends (pardon the pun) on the condition of the athlete and if preventative measures were taken.
Oh this is awful!

Attachments

• 61A47707-343E-4AC1-ACFC-B5C2F048E2C0.jpeg
    61A47707-343E-4AC1-ACFC-B5C2F048E2C0.jpeg
    122.7 KB · Views: 17

J.R.K

First off, runner's diarrhea, as it is known, is a real thing. A study published in the National Library of Medicine in 1992 asked 109 long-distance athletes about their bowel movements around their runs. Sixty-two percent reported that they had stopped for a bowel movement during training, 43 percent said that they had "nervous" diarrhea before a race, 51 percent said that they had experienced diarrhea after a race, and 12 percent reported full-on fecal incontinence while running.“
This would be consistent with high serotonin I believe as serotonin is an energy regulator, so anxiety and depression would quite possibly deliver this pre race physiological response, pressures from mental and physical agitation during the race would possibly raise this in some whereas others might settle into a place of calm and be able to counteract the serotonin and the avoid the physical response.

supercoolguy

Im surprised Lactic Acid was not mentioned in the chain of effects.
It must fit in there somewhere?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
This would be consistent with high serotonin I believe as serotonin is an energy regulator, so anxiety and depression would quite possibly deliver this pre race physiological response, pressures from mental and physical agitation during the race would possibly raise this in some whereas others might settle into a place of calm and be able to counteract the serotonin and the avoid the physical response.
I thought adrenaline caused nervous diarrhea.

J.R.K

I thought adrenaline caused nervous diarrhea.
As did I but my understanding now is an andrenaline response is a fight or flight reaction which is meant for short periods of time ie to give you the added strength and speed to outrun the lion chasing you to get you to and up the tree to safety. But then a calm down and return to baseline would follow in a now safe place and rest returns the calm. Cortisol, serotonin, adrenaline, histamine are all part of the adrenaline response.

I find that the revelation that Georgy made on the recent Generative Energy podcast that most (or all) mass shootings involve the SSRI drugs. The statement that a mere reduction of twenty percent in ATP in the brain is all it takes to send a regular person on a murderous rampage is a very important component that is not reported within the mainstream media. If one would consider the widespread use of these SSRI drugs and the inability to remove or neutralize them or any other drugs in the water treatment facilities, I could see how people not even prescribed these drugs could be driven to violence depression or anxiety by merely drinking treated water from these facilities.

J.R.K

Yeah I am thinking that too! What a spectacle! I never heard of this!
To be honest I was surprised as well but I am unsure if I am better off knowing this or not. I am going to say I am as it helps me understand better people around me and how they act and why some are more inclined towards radical mood swings, but still it is somewhat disturbing to know that a persons mind can override such obvious danger signals. Perhaps this is knowledge discovered in the MK Ultra psychological experiments to try to develop and create sleeper agents and assassins.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
As did I but my understanding now is an andrenaline response is a fight or flight reaction which is meant for short periods of time ie to give you the added strength and speed to outrun the lion chasing you to get you to and up the tree to safety. But then a calm down and return to baseline would follow in a now safe place and rest returns the calm. Cortisol, serotonin, adrenaline, histamine are all part of the adrenaline response.

I find that the revelation that Georgy made on the recent Generative Energy podcast that most (or all) mass shootings involve the SSRI drugs. The statement that a mere reduction of twenty percent in ATP in the brain is all it takes to send a regular person on a murderous rampage is a very important component that is not reported within the mainstream media. If one would consider the widespread use of these SSRI drugs and the inability to remove or neutralize them or any other drugs in the water treatment facilities, I could see how people not even prescribed these drugs could be driven to violence depression or anxiety by merely drinking treated water from these facilities.

I don’t even know what to say about your second half. Do you have a link to the podcast. This is new to me too. I have experienced big personality changes in people I have been close to getting on the SSRI drugs, with them never being the same, and even murderous. Does even water filters, or a gravity filter like mine, remove them from the water?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
To be honest I was surprised as well but I am unsure if I am better off knowing this or not. I am going to say I am as it helps me understand better people around me and how they act and why some are more inclined towards radical mood swings, but still it is somewhat disturbing to know that a persons mind can override such obvious danger signals. Perhaps this is knowledge discovered in the MK Ultra psychological experiments to try to develop and create sleeper agents and assassins.

You would, think that marathon runners would be considered healthy, but since knowing what Ray Peat has pointed out, that exhaustive exercise is just the opposite of healthy, I am stunned that diarrhea pouring out while running wouldn’t be a warning sign that the body is very unhappy. Criminy sakes, where is their dignity? I am appreciating the “meathead” and a little more right now.

SamYo123

You would, think that marathon runners would be considered healthy, but since knowing what Ray Peat has pointed out, that exhaustive exercise is just the opposite of healthy, I am stunned that diarrhea pouring out while running wouldn’t be a warning sign that the body is very unhappy. Criminy sakes, where is their dignity? I am appreciating the “meathead” and a little more right now.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tMxoSLWUfk

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals