Hello from southeast coastal NC

Frecs

Hello! Thanks for letting me join the forum!

What's your age? I’m 49

How did you find the forum? Googling for Ray Peat related websites…

How did you find Ray Peat's work? Googling for pro-thyroid diet information…

How long have you been Peating? 2.5 weeks

What is your favorite part about Peating? Cheese and ice cream…and the results!

What is the worst part? Having to limit vegetables…

What are your health issues? I am hypothyroid and even with Rx hormone replacement I’m still experiencing the symptoms of low thyroid. My endocrine system is a general mess as far as hormone production is concerned. I’m morbidly obese. (I lost 130lbs on a 100% raw foods diet then watched it unexplainably come back on while still dieting and exercising intensely and then just as unexplainably refuse to come off despite all efforts.) I have rosacea and psoriasis that affects scalp/ears/face. I also have circulation problems in my lower legs. IBS type symptoms. And, to top it off, I have fibromyalgia.

I began Peating 2.5 weeks ago and am excited about the early results. The psoriasis cleared up, the rosacea is much better, my bowels are much improved, and I mowed a quarter acres of lawn with only a little cramping near the end. And, I lost 3 pounds!

Now, I’m heading over to the help forum to post about my current “Peat” diet and to ask some questions. See you there!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Frecs, welcome to the forum. :welcome

Thats great news on your progress already! Really interested in watching your ongoing progress so please keep us posted!

narouz

Welcome, Frecs!
Have you been to Topsail Island recently?

Are you taking a thyroid supplement?

OP
F

Frecs

narouz said:
Welcome, Frecs!

Nope, not been to Topsail in quite awhile. I frequent from Sunset Beach to Holden Beach with an occasional journey up to Wrightsville/Kerr Beach.

I am on a Rx thyroid med (Levothyroixine) and, for the past week+ have been taking a Thyro-Complex glandular (no active hormones supposedly). I would gladly use an "active hormone"-type glandular if I knew where to order it from and what to get and such. I figured this would be a place to start until I have a chance to learn about those options.

narouz

Frecs said:
narouz said:
Welcome, Frecs!

Nope, not been to Topsail in quite awhile. I frequent from Sunset Beach to Holden Beach with an occasional journey up to Wrightsville/Kerr Beach.

I am on a Rx thyroid med (Levothyroixine) and, for the past week+ have been taking a Thyro-Complex glandular (no active hormones supposedly). I would gladly use an "active hormone"-type glandular if I knew where to order it from and what to get and such. I figured this would be a place to start until I have a chance to learn about those options.

Frecs-
I would avoid the Levothyroxine, or any straight T4 med, if I were you.
Can you get your doctor to prescribe you Armour or another natural dessicated thyroid?
There are some raw glandulars available OTC that do contain the active hormone, T3
(and all the other T's).
You might check that out.
I know the Ark of Wellness website sells it.
It's called "Nutri-Meds." That's the brand.

I haven't been to Topsail since I was a kid, but it seem like it's still relatively undeveloped,
which is cool. :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom