Aging Fast & Alien Confusion

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"An excess of oxygen can slow nerve conduction, while hypoxia can accelerate it. (Increasing the delivery of oxygen at higher pressure doesn't increase the cellular use of oxygen or decrease lactic acid production in the exercising muscle [Kohzuki, et al., 2000], but it will increase lipid peroxidation.)" -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"The stressful conditions that physiologically harm mitochondria are now being seen as the probable cause for the mitochondrial genetic defects that accumulate with aging. Stressful exercise, which has been known to cause breakage of the nuclear chromosomes, is now seen to damage mitochondrial genes, too. Providing energy, while reducing stress, seems to be all it takes to reverse the accumulated mitochondrial genetic damage." -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Estrogen promotes vascular permeability by a variety of mechanisms. Serotonin, histamine, lactic acid, and various cytokines and prostaglandins contribute to the leakage stimulated by estrogen, trauma, irradiation, poisoning, oxygen deprivation, and other factors that can induce shock. Even exercise, mental stress, and aging can increase the tendency of capillaries to leak." -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Even on the mornings that you don’t drop dead, there is reduced adaptive capacity and functional impairment before eating breakfast. For example, men who went for a run before breakfast were found to have broken chromosomes in their blood cells, but if they ate breakfast before running, their chromosomes weren’t damaged." -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Tumors have been called "nitrogen traps" or "glutamine traps," but this has meaning
beyond the use of the nitrogen for growth; it is involved in the energetic inefficiency of this process, and the reorganizing effects this wasteful flow of energy has on the tissue structure (Medina, 2001). When glutamine enters the Krebs cycle to be used as fuel, this interferes with the ability to oxidize glucose, causing more lactic acid to be formed, contributing to the excitation and increased energy requirement." -Ray Peat

Maybe bag breathing would be a good follow up to exercise?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Caffeine “improves efficiency of fuel use” and performance: JC Wagner 1989."
-Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"The least stable n-3 fats which accumulate with age and gradually reduce energy production also have their short term effects on endurance. Endurance was much lower in rats fed a high n-3 fat diet, and the effect persisted even after 6 weeks on a standard diet (Ayre and Hulbert, 1997). Analogous, but less extreme effects are seen even in salmon, which showed increased oxidative stress on a high n-3 diet (DHA or EPA), and lower mitochondrial cytochrome oxidase activity (Kjaer, et al., 2008)." -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Lactic acid produced by intense exercise causes calcium loss from bone (Ashizawa, et al., 1997), and sodium bicarbonate increases calcium retention by bone. Vitamin K2 (Yamaguchi, et al., 2003) blocks the removal of calcium from bone caused by parathyroid hormone and prostaglandin E2, by completely blocking their stimulation of lactic acid production by bone tissues. Aspirin, which, like vitamin K, supports cell respiration and inhibits lactic acid formation, also favors bone calcification. Vitamin K2 stimulates the formation of two important bone proteins, osteocalcin and osteonectin (Bunyaratavej, et al., 2009), and reduces the activity of estrogen by oxidizing estradiol (Otsuka, et al, 2005)." -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“The amount of injury needed to increase the endotoxin in the blood can be fairly minor. Two thirds of people having a colonoscopy had a significant increase in endotoxin in their blood, and intense exercise or anxiety will increase it. Endotoxin activates the enzyme that synthesizes estrogen while it decreases the formation of androgen (Christeff, et aI., 1992), and this undoubtedly is partly responsible for the large increases in estrogen in both men and women caused by trauma, sickness or excessive fatigue.” -Ray Peat

J.R.K

“The amount of injury needed to increase the endotoxin in the blood can be fairly minor. Two thirds of people having a colonoscopy had a significant increase in endotoxin in their blood, and intense exercise or anxiety will increase it. Endotoxin activates the enzyme that synthesizes estrogen while it decreases the formation of androgen (Christeff, et aI., 1992), and this undoubtedly is partly responsible for the large increases in estrogen in both men and women caused by trauma, sickness or excessive fatigue.” -Ray Peat
This is much appreciated @Rinse&rePeat. I have reached that age where Doctors want to poke prod and insert things into areas that being male I am not used to having probed. Partially for being a wimp because I am male (I am well aware of the arduous tortures females are put through for, “preventative and early screening purposes”. But as I progress in my increase of knowledge I now have to ask if these life saving screenings are providing benefits that actually outweigh the risks. As mentioned above colonoscopies, mammograms, PAP smears, prostate exams. All come with the nomenclature of being benign and beneficial procedures. But everything that I have seen in this journey is pointing towards a root cause of inflammation and subsequent cellular damage leading to many of today’s “leading killers” it would be remiss not to include in the top three being medical errors and pharmaceutical overdose.
It seems counterintuitive to try to screen for cancer ie in a mammogram by blasting it with a dose of radiation in order to see if a tumour has formed. I may be incorrect in my understanding of this procedure and please feel free to correct me. But my point is the resulting subsequent damage from these procedures could be a cause of disease such as breast cancer due to downstream side effects. Just my thoughts.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
This is much appreciated @Rinse&rePeat. I have reached that age where Doctors want to poke prod and insert things into areas that being male I am not used to having probed. Partially for being a wimp because I am male (I am well aware of the arduous tortures females are put through for, “preventative and early screening purposes”. But as I progress in my increase of knowledge I now have to ask if these life saving screenings are providing benefits that actually outweigh the risks. As mentioned above colonoscopies, mammograms, PAP smears, prostate exams. All come with the nomenclature of being benign and beneficial procedures. But everything that I have seen in this journey is pointing towards a root cause of inflammation and subsequent cellular damage leading to many of today’s “leading killers” it would be remiss not to include in the top three being medical errors and pharmaceutical overdose.
It seems counterintuitive to try to screen for cancer ie in a mammogram by blasting it with a dose of radiation in order to see if a tumour has formed. I may be incorrect in my understanding of this procedure and please feel free to correct me. But my point is the resulting subsequent damage from these procedures could be a cause of disease such as breast cancer due to downstream side effects. Just my thoughts.
You are spot on J.R.K,. Like RP has warned in the past, the procedures for preventative medical care induces illness. I wasn’t keen on doing PAP smears when one came back suspicious, when I was pregnant with my last son. It had me so worried my whole pregnancy. After he was born they did another and the “suspicion” was gone. It was exactly to Ray Peat’s point that cancer cycles itself in and out of our body like a virus. Our immune system determines how efficiently that does. Doctors are lucky if they can get a hit when cancer is in the house, then blast it with a dose of radiation and get it going. I got my eyes wide open to radiation 15+ years ago and quit having dental x-rays on my boys and myself, but there was no swaying my husband. I have never had a Mammogram in my life and PAP smears ended long before I quit dental x-rays. I was given heart medication 15 years ago “to keep me from having a heart attack” and I flushed them down the toilet. It all made no sense to me. When the doctor said I needed my gall bladder out I said no way, and found ways to heal my heart and gall bladder. I have my tonsils and wisdom teeth too. The medical system has turned into a rabid dog.

J.R.K

I have
You are spot on J.R.K,. Like RP has warned in the past, the procedures for preventative medical care induces illness. I wasn’t keen on doing PAP smears when one came back suspicious, when I was pregnant with my last son. It had me so worried my whole pregnancy. After he was born they did another and the “suspicion” was gone. It was exactly to Ray Peat’s point that cancer cycles itself in and out of our body like a virus. Our immune system determines how efficiently that does. Doctors are lucky if they can get a hit when cancer is in the house, then blast it with a dose of radiation and get it going. I got my eyes wide open to radiation 15+ years ago and quit having dental x-rays on my boys and myself, but there was no swaying my husband. I have never had a Mammogram in my life and PAP smears ended long before I quit dental x-rays. I was given heart medication 15 years ago “to keep me from having a heart attack” and I flushed them down the toilet. It all made no sense to me. When the doctor said I needed my gall bladder out I said no way, and found ways to heal my heart and gall bladder. I have my tonsils and wisdom teeth too. The medical system has turned into a rabid dog.
I have to admit I am envious of the early revelations and clarity you have had.
If I might ask were the heart medications an ACE inhibitor? I know someone who is on them and I have seen very little to indicate that she has had any improvement in her condition. As a matter of point she actually has been diagnosed with anxiety and depression.
Since she got the gene therapy double shot she now is experiencing higher blood pressure levels. Of course to her these things are unrelated and are just a part of getting old.
My thoughts are that they are indeed signs of aging, but are unrelated to her age in years. Of course I wear a tin foil hat and am not a doctor.
Many that are against getting the gene therapies have said that people seem to be in a hypnotic state when they try to warn them about the dangers of these shots. I myself have come to a point where I believe that this has been a grooming process for many years, decades, perhaps centuries and millennia. “Trust your Doctor they know best”, is the mantra.
But I live by a different thought pattern in that I judge the process by the results previously seen. An example of of this would be chemotherapy, Dr Stephan Laska in a video @tankasnowgod posted said that chemotherapy has been shown not to work, all cause mortality on this has failed. But they only prescribe it and keep it because it sells.
How do we trust a person to give unbiased medical advice and treatments when a portion of their personal income comes as a cut from each prescription?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I have

I have to admit I am envious of the early revelations and clarity you have had.
If I might ask were the heart medications an ACE inhibitor? I know someone who is on them and I have seen very little to indicate that she has had any improvement in her condition. As a matter of point she actually has been diagnosed with anxiety and depression.
Since she got the gene therapy double shot she now is experiencing higher blood pressure levels. Of course to her these things are unrelated and are just a part of getting old.
My thoughts are that they are indeed signs of aging, but are unrelated to her age in years. Of course I wear a tin foil hat and am not a doctor.
Many that are against getting the gene therapies have said that people seem to be in a hypnotic state when they try to warn them about the dangers of these shots. I myself have come to a point where I believe that this has been a grooming process for many years, decades, perhaps centuries and millennia. “Trust your Doctor they know best”, is the mantra.
But I live by a different thought pattern in that I judge the process by the results previously seen. An example of of this would be chemotherapy, Dr Stephan Laska in a video @tankasnowgod posted said that chemotherapy has been shown not to work, all cause mortality on this has failed. But they only prescribe it and keep it because it sells.
How do we trust a person to give unbiased medical advice and treatments when a portion of their personal income comes as a cut from each prescription?
I think you can tell a rabid dog by the overzealous ”frothing at the mouth”. When my husband was in the hospital they immediately pressured him to get biopsies on things they admitted could be “just fatty masses”. I asked, “why extreme and invasive tests so soon”, and the doctor said, “we start with the worst case scenario and work our way down”. Ray Peat reminds us of the medical oath to “First do no harm” and that doctor’s statement was just opposite. I have been telling the story of a friend of mine’s father who quit smoking because his first grandchild was on the way and he wanted to be is good health to be around for that grandchild. So his daughter suggested him to a check-up to ensure his good health, and catch things early. So they found a suspicious spot on his lung and biopsied it, but “oopsie” they went in a hint too far and collapsed his lung, so he was hospitalized. While in the hospital he got a bacterial infection and gangrene, so they gave him a colostomy bag to clean up the mess. Then he got pneumonia and died. A week after his death the good news came back on his biopsy that the mass wasn’t cancerous . This is a true story and so terribly sad. I adhere to the idea to not wait till things go wrong, but do what you would do if you think you have cancer, eat right, make your health a priority.

J.R.K

I think you can tell a rabid dog by the overzealous ”frothing at the mouth”. When my husband was in the hospital they immediately pressured him to get biopsies on things they admitted could be “just fatty masses”. I asked, “why extreme and invasive tests so soon”, and the doctor said, “we start with the worst case scenario and work our way down”. Ray Peat reminds us of the medical oath to “First do no harm” and that doctor’s statement was just opposite. I have been telling the story of a friend of mine’s father who quit smoking because his first grandchild was on the way and he wanted to be is good health to be around for that grandchild. So his daughter suggested him to a check-up to ensure his good health, and catch things early. So they found a suspicious spot on his lung and biopsied it, but “oopsie” they went in a hint too far and collapsed his lung, so he was hospitalized. While in the hospital he got a bacterial infection and gangrene, so they gave him a colostomy bag to clean up the mess. Then he got pneumonia and died. A week after his death the good news came back on his biopsy that the mass wasn’t cancerous . This is a true story and so terribly sad. I adhere to the idea to not wait till things go wrong, but do what you would do if you think you have cancer, eat right, make your health a priority.
I cannot help but draw the comparison of dairymen and the way they treat cows analogy that Dr David Martin quoted Andrew Carnegie. Or the slimy used car salesman trying to upsell you into a Bentley when all you really need is a Ford Fiesta. We are only visitors to their world much like farm animals are to abattoir’s.
In cases of internal health and issues of diseases we are going to come out the other end that is for sure but I think it is fair to say not in the same condition as we entered generally speaking it is the norm to be in worse shape or on a pathway to a return visit. The other option is that we move on to the next establishment that takes care of,”all the mistakes and errors in judgement “.

By the way I love the new photo, looks like endless summer!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I cannot help but draw the comparison of dairymen and the way they treat cows analogy that Dr David Martin quoted Andrew Carnegie. Or the slimy used car salesman trying to upsell you into a Bentley when all you really need is a Ford Fiesta. We are only visitors to their world much like farm animals are to abattoir’s.
In cases of internal health and issues of diseases we are going to come out the other end that is for sure but I think it is fair to say not in the same condition as we entered generally speaking it is the norm to be in worse shape or on a pathway to a return visit. The other option is that we move on to the next establishment that takes care of,”all the mistakes and errors in judgement “.

By the way I love the new photo, looks like endless summer!
Coming out the out “the other end” feeling like you know what, is exactly right. I don’t think all doctors are bad, but I do think we should question their judgement. Knowledge is power and this forum is good for that.

Thanks for he compliment! It was endless summer alright, yesterday, sitting in the car getting my car smog tested :D

tankasnowgod

Sad story, but I think this is a fairly common occurrence. Iatrogenic illness is estimated to be as high as the third cause of death. Of course, who really knows. It's going to be a rare doctor indeed who lists himself as a cause of death, and not some other illness.

The story that always made me wary of many of these procedures and tests was Roar of Wolverine's story-

As far as caner goes, "Wait and Monitor" is a valid (and accepted) strategy for many cancers, especially prostate cancer, which is the most common. The inventor of the PSA test said he wouldn't test for or do any "treatment" for prostate cancer, despite being very high risk himself (as his father had prostate cancer), because the odds are that he would die from some other cause before it ever got to be a serious issue. Basically, "Wait Out The Clock."

Of course, many of the pro-metabolic treatments discussed here are very low risk (as compared to something like chemotherapy), and likely to have wide ranging benefits on health. So things like thyroid, aspirin, iron lowering, cyproheptadine, testosterone, DHT, progesterone and such, along with a good diet and other health promoting factors, are likely superior to "Wait and Monitor" (or just "wait"), and could easily be combined with such an "official" treatment.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Sad story, but I think this is a fairly common occurrence. Iatrogenic illness is estimated to be as high as the third cause of death. Of course, who really knows. It's going to be a rare doctor indeed who lists himself as a cause of death, and not some other illness.

The story that always made me wary of many of these procedures and tests was Roar of Wolverine's story-

As far as caner goes, "Wait and Monitor" is a valid (and accepted) strategy for many cancers, especially prostate cancer, which is the most common. The inventor of the PSA test said he wouldn't test for or do any "treatment" for prostate cancer, despite being very high risk himself (as his father had prostate cancer), because the odds are that he would die from some other cause before it ever got to be a serious issue. Basically, "Wait Out The Clock."

Of course, many of the pro-metabolic treatments discussed here are very low risk (as compared to something like chemotherapy), and likely to have wide ranging benefits on health. So things like thyroid, aspirin, iron lowering, cyproheptadine, testosterone, DHT, progesterone and such, along with a good diet and other health promoting factors, are likely superior to "Wait and Monitor" (or just "wait"), and could easily be combined with such an "official" treatment.
You know I heard that about prostate cancer and thought Ray Peat said the same too! I never thought of what my friend’s dad death certificate would have said! I am sure they packaged it with a tidy bow just saying “pneumonia”.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals