Aging Fast & Alien Confusion

J.R.K

Sad story, but I think this is a fairly common occurrence. Iatrogenic illness is estimated to be as high as the third cause of death. Of course, who really knows. It's going to be a rare doctor indeed who lists himself as a cause of death, and not some other illness.

The story that always made me wary of many of these procedures and tests was Roar of Wolverine's story-

As far as caner goes, "Wait and Monitor" is a valid (and accepted) strategy for many cancers, especially prostate cancer, which is the most common. The inventor of the PSA test said he wouldn't test for or do any "treatment" for prostate cancer, despite being very high risk himself (as his father had prostate cancer), because the odds are that he would die from some other cause before it ever got to be a serious issue. Basically, "Wait Out The Clock."

Of course, many of the pro-metabolic treatments discussed here are very low risk (as compared to something like chemotherapy), and likely to have wide ranging benefits on health. So things like thyroid, aspirin, iron lowering, cyproheptadine, testosterone, DHT, progesterone and such, along with a good diet and other health promoting factors, are likely superior to "Wait and Monitor" (or just "wait"), and could easily be combined with such an "official" treatment.
The roar of the wolverine article is a shuddering story, as you mention a probably all to familiar one. I also read his story about sugar and how it impacted his arteries. I would be curious as to your thoughts on this @tankasnowgod. It seems to me that the adequate protein portion of his dextrose and amino acid infusion was missing. As well the method of a feeding tube would seem to be quite inflammatory and intrusive, since the normal method of food consumption was not available due to the intestinal transplant. But these are just thoughts from my perspective personally I have done well on a Peat based principle diet if their is such a thing.

tankasnowgod

The roar of the wolverine article is a shuddering story, as you mention a probably all to familiar one. I also read his story about sugar and how it impacted his arteries. I would be curious as to your thoughts on this @tankasnowgod. It seems to me that the adequate protein portion of his dextrose and amino acid infusion was missing. As well the method of a feeding tube would seem to be quite inflammatory and intrusive, since the normal method of food consumption was not available due to the intestinal transplant. But these are just thoughts from my perspective personally I have done well on a Peat based principle diet if their is such a thing.

Yeah, I think TPN is inflammatory and intrusive, by it's nature. It's bypassing all the natural digestive and regulatory processes. Depending on the amount of dextrose, you may get extremely high blood glucose levels (say, 400 mg/dL or more) either transiently, or in certain areas, maybe near the infusion. Even guzzling a liter or two of soda shouldn't cause a spike that high.

Also, soybean oil is commonly used for the fat in TPN these days, so it's quite likely he got a fairly decent dose of PUFA, straight into the bloodstream, every time he was infused. This could be the main cause of arterial damage and inflammation.

And in any purified diet, there is always the risk of deficiencies for vitamins, cofactors and such that we just aren't aware of in food. They might not show up in any relevant way for months or years.

J.R.K

Yeah, I think TPN is inflammatory and intrusive, by it's nature. It's bypassing all the natural digestive and regulatory processes. Depending on the amount of dextrose, you may get extremely high blood glucose levels (say, 400 mg/dL or more) either transiently, or in certain areas, maybe near the infusion. Even guzzling a liter or two of soda shouldn't cause a spike that high.

Also, soybean oil is commonly used for the fat in TPN these days, so it's quite likely he got a fairly decent dose of PUFA, straight into the bloodstream, every time he was infused. This could be the main cause of arterial damage and inflammation.

And in any purified diet, there is always the risk of deficiencies for vitamins, cofactors and such that we just aren't aware of in food. They might not show up in any relevant way for months or years.
Very close to my mindset, I try to find the least processed, nutrient rich foods with the least chemical exposure. I keep some basics around like AB DEK vitamins and some progesterone and pregnenalone, for periodic issues but otherwise learning and about and using foods that maximize my mental and physical needs is my preference.

I thought this was a thread about aliens. That would be interesting. Do aliens like Ray Peat food suggestions and would they eat people who ate the Ray Peat way?

J.R.K

I thought this was a thread about aliens. That would be interesting. Do aliens like Ray Peat food suggestions and would they eat people who ate the Ray Peat way?
I don’t know for sure maybe we should ask the elites if they eat people with Peat food preferences.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“When people are older, and have been sick longer, the fatigue problem is likely to involve more systems of the body. The larger the quantity of "toxic fat" stored in the body, the more careful the person must be about increasing metabolic and physical activity. Using more vitamin E, short-chain saturated fats, and other anti-lipid-peroxidation agents is important.”-Ray Peat

J.R.K

“When people are older, and have been sick longer, the fatigue problem is likely to involve more systems of the body. The larger the quantity of "toxic fat" stored in the body, the more careful the person must be about increasing metabolic and physical activity. Using more vitamin E, short-chain saturated fats, and other anti-lipid-peroxidation agents is important.”-Ray Peat
This is a clarifying statement and makes a lot of sense. Vitamin E to neutralize the released stored free fatty acids due to an increased level of physical activity.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
This is a clarifying statement and makes a lot of sense. Vitamin E to neutralize the released stored free fatty acids due to an increased level of physical activity.

I thought it was an important statement too, especially for people trying to lose weight and having it backfiring on them. People blame the Ray Peat “diet” when they get worse, especially in the beginning. Ray Peat says it takes years to clear out all the stored PUFA’s. It is something to consider before blaming the milk and orange juice.

J.R.K

I thought it was an important statement too, especially for people trying to lose weight and having it backfiring on them. People blame the Ray Peat “diet” when they get worse, especially in the beginning. Ray Peat says it takes years to clear out all the stored PUFA’s. It is something to consider before blaming the milk and orange juice.
I am curious @Rinse & rePeat where do you source your Ceylon cinnamon from? Amazon has gotten ridiculous with their pricing.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“On the tryptophan-poor diet, the amount of serotonin in the brain decreased. When brain serotonin decreases, the level of testosterone in male animals increases. More than 20 years ago, a chemical (p-chlorophenylalanine) that inhibits serotonin synthesis was found to tremendously increase libido.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Exercise physiologists, without mentioning functional systems, have recently discovered some principles that extend the discoveries of Meerson and Anokhin. They found that "concentric" contraction, that is, causing the muscle to contract against resistance, improves the muscle's function, without injuring it. (Walking up a mountain causes concentric contractions to dominate in the leg muscles. Walking down the mountain injures the muscles, by stretching them, forcing them to elongate while bearing a load; they call that eccentric contraction.) Old people, who had extensively damaged mitochondrial DNA, were given a program of concentric exercise, and as their muscles adapted to the new activity, their mitochondrial DNA was found to have become normal.“ -Ray Peat

CastorTroy

Little things are more rewarding in life than mastering a skill. Living the beauty of strength and technique training is a gift for those who practice it and self experience the joy of it.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“The balance between what a tissue needs and what it gets will govern the way that tissue functions, in both the short term and the long term. When a cell emits lactic acid and free radicals and the products of lipid peroxidation, it's reasonable to assume that it isn't getting everything that it needs, such as oxygen and glucose. With time, the cell will either die or adapt in some way to its deprived conditions.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“While most people choose to engage in regular workouts for improved health, increased energy, and a more toned physique, daily gym sessions can have certain drawbacks, including leaving you with resting gym face.

In fact, a number of aesthetic experts believe that extreme exercise makes you look older and contributes to premature signs of aging such as sunken cheeks, wrinkles, and skin laxity.”

“What’s more, high-impact exercises, like marathon running, can be particularly aging due the constant up and down motion and force at which skin is pulled from underlying muscles and bones.

As a result, women and men can develop sunken cheeks, deepening folds, and under eye hollows – a look that has been dubbed “gym face.”“

“Gym face is most commonly observed in individuals between 40-60, who engage in rigorous workouts several times a week and have a low percentage of body fat. Of this group, long-distance runners are at an increased risk due the high-impact nature of the activity.”

SamYo123

A
“While most people choose to engage in regular workouts for improved health, increased energy, and a more toned physique, daily gym sessions can have certain drawbacks, including leaving you with resting gym face.

In fact, a number of aesthetic experts believe that extreme exercise makes you look older and contributes to premature signs of aging such as sunken cheeks, wrinkles, and skin laxity.”

“What’s more, high-impact exercises, like marathon running, can be particularly aging due the constant up and down motion and force at which skin is pulled from underlying muscles and bones.

As a result, women and men can develop sunken cheeks, deepening folds, and under eye hollows – a look that has been dubbed “gym face.”“

“Gym face is most commonly observed in individuals between 40-60, who engage in rigorous workouts several times a week and have a low percentage of body fat. Of this group, long-distance runners are at an increased risk due the high-impact nature of the activity.”

All the more reason to do functional patterns, to resist gravity unlike the mainstream workouts that allow gravity to crush you...

OP
Rinse & rePeat
A

All the more reason to do functional patterns, to resist gravity unlike the mainstream workouts that allow gravity to crush you...
It sounds like a healthy workout with a purpose….

“Functional training has a purpose and translates to an activity beyond your workout.

“The main word here is function. Function is purpose. So functional training is just training that has a purpose,” says Eric Salvador, a certified personal trainer at the Fhitting Room in New York City. More than that, functional training is focused on movement patterns that have a purpose.
That purpose can be related to getting better at everyday activities—like walking, squatting to pick up something heavy, pushing a revolving door, or getting in and out of a chair—or preparing to compete in a sport, like soccer, football, or tennis. A functional workout is simply one that strengthens you in a particular way that directly translates to an activity outside the weight room. For most people, the practical application of functional training is to make daily activities easier to perform, says Dan Henderson, cofounder of the Functional Training Institute in Australia.“

SamYo123

It sounds like a healthy workout with a purpose….

“Functional training has a purpose and translates to an activity beyond your workout.

“The main word here is function. Function is purpose. So functional training is just training that has a purpose,” says Eric Salvador, a certified personal trainer at the Fhitting Room in New York City. More than that, functional training is focused on movement patterns that have a purpose.
That purpose can be related to getting better at everyday activities—like walking, squatting to pick up something heavy, pushing a revolving door, or getting in and out of a chair—or preparing to compete in a sport, like soccer, football, or tennis. A functional workout is simply one that strengthens you in a particular way that directly translates to an activity outside the weight room. For most people, the practical application of functional training is to make daily activities easier to perform, says Dan Henderson, cofounder of the Functional Training Institute in Australia.“

It was all good until he said about isolation exercises like deadlifts/squats

they dont translate to a optimal gait cycle

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CegzCJ7pG3J/?hl=en

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals