A Cry For Help: Uncontrollable Fat Gain. Something Is FUNDAMENTALLY Wrong :(

ExD

get more exercise matey

you'll have plenty of people giving you reason why it's not good for you, how cardio is stressful and whatnot - plenty of excuses to justify not doing it - but if walking is the most exercise you've done in the last five years while you put your body through extreme diets and stress, then food and diet may not be the biggest issue behind the obesity that came along with it

don't underestimate the impact 5-10mins of light calisthenics, stretching or weights can have on your body and mind

OP
Vinny

Vinny

I have been in the same situation as you and weight-wise I still am. It's a pretty horrible feeling when you think that eating pizza and burgers every day didn't make you fatter than drinking fruit juice and milk. At the same time, I used to catch colds all the time and have now been free of those for 3 years so I guess what the body is doing is a good thing in a way.

Organic whole fruits have had the best effect on my gut, energy, and mood. But only if the gut doesn't get irritated by other foods.

I've been able to lose some weight with a low-fat diet of potatoes, whole fruits, and meat. White rice, fruit juice, and dairy always messed that up. But my gut started to be too irritated by potatoes and I had to stop. Now it seems it got better and I will be trying it again as long as potatoes are peeled, cooked a long time, not fried – the usual on this forum.
Thanks for chiming in. Good luck to you, mate.

RWilly

It seems like you are eating a lot of muscle meat with fruit, which could mean you are are absorbing more iron with the fruit helping to absorb more iron if it's being eaten in the same meal. Without the calcium, there is also nothing blocking iron absorption. And most likely, the high iron is impacting copper and zinc absorption. Have you ever had an iron panel done?

OP
Vinny

Vinny

get more exercise matey

you'll have plenty of people giving you reason why it's not good for you, how cardio is stressful and whatnot - plenty of excuses to justify not doing it - but if walking is the most exercise you've done in the last five years while you put your body through extreme diets and stress, then food and diet may not be the biggest issue behind the obesity that came along with it

don't underestimate the impact 5-10mins of light calisthenics, stretching or weights can have on your body and mind
I appreciate your contributon too, man.
Would love to exercise more, but except walking, haven't still found what to add more without crashing (to which Am prone to big time).

OP
Vinny

Vinny

@ecstatichamster forgot to put you in the list. You want to add your view, if you have one?

OP
Vinny

Vinny

It seems like you are eating a lot of muscle meat with fruit, which could mean you are are absorbing more iron with the fruit helping to absorb more iron if it's being eaten in the same meal. Without the calcium, there is also nothing blocking iron absorption. And most likely, the high iron is impacting copper and zinc absorption. Have you ever had an iron panel done?
Not sure what an iron panel looks like, but about 3 years ago, did some ironing, and it came pretty nice. But what's the situation now, I've got no idea, so there could be high absorption of iron, as you speculated, especially that I currently take no calcium supplementation to buffer it.
However, as I mentioned, I take high doses vit C. Doesn't it do the same job?

ExD

I appreciate your contributon too, man.
Would love to exercise more, but except walking, haven't still found what to add more without crashing (to which Am prone to big time).

depends if you would rather crash, trying something new...or keep doing what you've been doing, and wonder why nothing is changing.

stretching is considerably better exercise for every system in the body, relative to walking...and less energy intensive. it can also ease you into full body weight workouts, little by little

you don't need to do one handed handstands to get the benefits of a full body work out

anyways gl

Hans

Forum Supporter
Ok, thanks, I appreciate.
Forgot to mention, that I don't eat wheat/grains either.
There is goat/sheep milk and cheeses in Cyprus, from local animals, but, of course, all is pasturised/homogenized (European laws). Thought to go in the lands and try to contact a local Sheppard to get some raw milk, but even if it worked once or twice, which is doubtful, might not work consistently. So, might try some store bought a bit and see the effect, to get some calcium at least....

What to do with the aspirin, Hans? Go on, or cut it? Aspirin is still a mystery for me ....
Don't worry too much if it's pasteurised or not. Also goats milk don't get homogenized as far as I know because the fat doesn't separate.

Do you have balanced blood sugar during the day or do you need snack frequently?

The aspirin is probably fine to keep it in but if you perfect you diet there might be no need for it, except small doses for longevity purposes.

RWilly

Not sure what an iron panel looks like, but about 3 years ago, did some ironing, and it came pretty nice. But what's the situation now, I've got no idea, so there could be high absorption of iron, as you speculated, especially that I currently take no calcium supplementation to buffer it.
However, as I mentioned, I take high doses vit C. Doesn't it do the same job?

The high dose vitamin C is going to cause you to increase iron absorption and it also decreases copper.

redsun

I`m desperate, folks. I`m balooning up. Today i literally bursted in tears when got to the scales and saw the numbers. Took some tape measuring too. The result is - I`m already MORBIDLY obese....

It never happened before in my life, no matter what. Binge eating, high PUFA, alcohol abuse, huge amounts of stress, toxic relationships, very low exercise, horrible sleeping pattern, crazy diets (keto, for ex.) etc., - nothing of these was able to bring me even close to the OBESE range. Approximately a year ago though, after I discovered peating and started a new turn, my fat gain became a slowly, but steadily growing issue.

When I think about the reasons why is this happening, I`ll start with exclusions:
1. It is hardly a calorie abuse. No way, that I consume more than in my previous, crazy life. Absolutely not. If anything, it`s even less for my needs. I just eat till satiety, without forcing, slowly and mindfully. Plus, I gave up completely alcohol several years ago, which was, for sure, another source of unnecesary calorie intake.
2. Cortisol is often blamed, and probably with a good reason, for adding fat, but hardly in my case. Can`t say that my life is completely balanced and joyfull, haven`t managed to bring it to such a level yet (and may be not so necessary), but the amount and the intensity of the psychological burden I have now, is uncomparable with what I sufferd in the past; if the cortisol was such an offender for me, it should have revealed itself long before. Plus, I tested cortisol once, and the sex ones several times, and everything was pretty good, every time. Some men, at my age, would pay dearly to have my testosterone levels (but I don`t feel it at all, anyway).
3. No reason to suspect any mineral deficiencies. Done hair mineral test - everything was super ok.
4. Lack of a certain vitamin is also not under suspicion, despite no such tests done. Took high doses of B`s and E, mega doses C, my D is fine (tested; wasted money - I live in Cyprus...) and never felt any diference.
5. I`ve not been tested specifically for fatty liver, but I hardly got one. What I can say for sure, regarding the liver, is that it is SMALL (which is good), that an ultrasound test, done twice with a year gap, did not reveal whatever pathology, and liver enzymes were always normal, except with a slight deviation once, after a keto attempt. However, I feel sometimes heaviness/pain in the gallbladder/liver area, which is an indication that something there is not right, but what exactly, is still unknown. Gallbladder, btw, and the ducts, are also ok, according the same ultrasound test, done twice.

Haven`t measured my Blood sugar recently, but there were never deviations in the past. However, I might have become diabetic - wouldn`t wonder.

Measured fasted insulin twice. Several years ago was 5 (pretty nice), a couple of years ago climbed to 8 (still not too bad). I don`t know how`s now, can`t afford more tests, but will be probably up.
Took some inflammatory markers too, like CRP and don`t remember exactly what else, may be homo-cysteine, all were good.

Actually, from all tests, what was always high, way high, were my cholesterol levels - HDL, LDL and total. This whas during the high fat insanity, don`t know how are they now. In opposition to them, my triglycerides were always normal, even close to the low range.

So, if the reason for my misery is nothing from the above, what it could be?
The only possible explanation I`m in capacity to point now, is endotoxin.
The shitt started about a 5 years ago, when I decided to become a superhuman, and went keto.
It ended up quite bad; I almost died, but didn`t gain weight. The gains became obvious after, when i discovered Dr Peat and this forum, and introduced SUGAR into my meal plan. Meaning that: keto, either destroyed my ability to burn glucose for fuel, either destroyed my gut flora, leading to development of bad bacteria, FED BY THE SUGAR, that produce toxins/inflammation, leading to fat gain....
This is what I`ve concluded so far. You`re allowed to disagree.

I`m quite sure, however, I`ve got bad bugs. My juicy acne says a lot; I`m note sure, though, that they are making me a walking piece of lard.
I`m going to make a plan, how to eradicate the critters, but in any case, I`d like to hear what you think.

I feel horrible, beyond any hope, completely lost, like I`m battling an enemy way more stronger and experienced, that knows every move in advance and the outcome is destined, no matter what I do...... :(

@Hans
@yerrag
@redsun
@tankasnowgod
@lampofred
@Blossom
@tara
@CLASH
and everyone else is welcome to chime in. Not going to bother my dear compatriote haidut - he`s extremely busy, as well as Cirion....

Not a popular opinion but rather an observation that I have made with myself. There are "healthy" things you can do and "unhealthy" things you can do. In the realm of healthy things/foods, there are healthy foods and choices I can make that are either pro-histamine and pro-dopamine and one's that I know are very anti-histamine even if possibly slightly pro-dopamine (debatable).

This rest of the post is more for OP to possibly put things into perspective. So to put it simply, any health choice that promotes low histamine levels seems to make weight gain very very easy especially when compounded with other things. This is why people can live with very "unhealthy" choices and always maintain a good weight. Alcohol is pro-histamine, pufa is supposedly pro-histamine though it can be argued is unhealthy in other aspects. A lot of these unhealthy habits are often either pro-histamine or neutral.

Now when we look at Peat dieting. Most aspects of a typical Peat diet are very anti-histamine. Vitamin C, copper (which can end up pretty high if you eat liver, certain fruits and starches), large amounts of calcium, unfavorable methionine to histidine ratio in foods, increased methylation due to increased copper and B vitamins (more methylation/deactivation of histamine). The Peat diet has all these things in spades. From the looks of it you dont really do much of a peat diet anymore but for the time you did it, it likely lowered your histamine levels. And they never bounced back.

Most dairy products (milk being a Peat staple) except for certain cheeses have unfavorable histidine to methionine ratios. Calcium is more of a long term thing (will lower histamine overtime) but I don't think on its own its to blame for low histamine, fermented dairy especially certain cheeses are probably pro-histamine. B complex can be good for some people but it can lead to more methylation and therefore less histamine and in people with already low histamine it could be a problem.

Those who are overweight or gain weight very easily and have many digestive intolerances (which from what you write you seem to have) always point to low histamine. This is characteristic of low histamine. Histamine is not the only factor and some will argue its not the primary issue and that if you fix underlying issues histamine should normalize but I disagree.

Thankfully you made another post showing us what you eat and take as supplements. Vitamin C and aspirin are both very anti-histamine substances. I dont know much about methylene blue, but I know of someone gaining weight from it every time they take it.

Nicole W.

Thank you, Hans.

For my gut, tried Doxyciclyine, which completely eradicated my acne (meaning it is caused by bacteria) but it gave me a brutal pebble stool, that's why I discontinued it.
Would like very much to try other antibiotics, but afraid from the pebble effect (it was horrible) and, Doxy is the only one I can get without prescription i Cyprus.
If I knew, however, which precisely antibiotic wouldn't mess me up, I,d order it from abroad/online, but Am clueless.
Unfortunately also, most of the simple, natural antibiotics, like garlic for ex., screw my pancreas/digestion big time. Can't tolerate hot, spicey, bitter, sour etc., which leaves me with very few options.
Tried Bulgarian propolis, still take some, it doesn't look it does something, but it,s not harmful at least.
Tried several times short dry fasts. Very tempted to go further that direction. It seems thou, my liver gets annoyed after about 24h restriction and starts to hurt. I,ll try to build up slowly, loading on taurine meanwhile, aiming to increase its glycogen capacity, so,d eventually last more days on dry fast.

Diet:
Excluded milk/dairy, not tolerating them well, plus I,ve always hated milk,s taste and smell.
Pretty much, ended up with muscle meat (beef chunks mainly, some pork), fruits, fruit juices with added sugar and starch in the form of white rice/potatoes.
Will cut, thou, the added sugar and the starch. It looks like the first makes me fat, the second makes my acne worse. So, basically, it,s going to be meat, fruits and some energy drink here and there, for some time ....
Fat is what comes from the meat ....

As I hinted in my 1st post, never been a good responder to supplements.
Currently taking:
1 gr aspirin, but will probably cut it, it doesn't look it helped in any way
Big doses vit C, here and there
Bulgarian propolis
Several hundred micrograms of Methylene Blue. Gonna increase this one.
Trying to add some Ceylon cinnamon

Sorry, I should have put all these details in the 1st post, but was too emotional and impatient to finish ....
Have you tried monolaurin? I have personally reaped many benefits from it. Clearer skin, more energy ( I can take less thyroid when I use it), and better digestion. I had a viral infection 3 years ago that would not resolve until I tried monolaurin. I generally feel great when I use it and I am also someone who does not do well with supplements. I take the original monolaurin, Lauricidin, because it is available in small pellets, the size of lentils. This allows you to start at a low dose and work up. I’ve found great benefit from even a 3 day course, although I usually take it for 30 days at a time. Just a thought if you suspect a gut issue.

lampofred

Not a popular opinion but rather an observation that I have made with myself. There are "healthy" things you can do and "unhealthy" things you can do. In the realm of healthy things/foods, there are healthy foods and choices I can make that are either pro-histamine and pro-dopamine and one's that I know are very anti-histamine even if possibly slightly pro-dopamine (debatable).

This rest of the post is more for OP to possibly put things into perspective. So to put it simply, any health choice that promotes low histamine levels seems to make weight gain very very easy especially when compounded with other things. This is why people can live with very "unhealthy" choices and always maintain a good weight. Alcohol is pro-histamine, pufa is supposedly pro-histamine though it can be argued is unhealthy in other aspects. A lot of these unhealthy habits are often either pro-histamine or neutral.

Now when we look at Peat dieting. Most aspects of a typical Peat diet are very anti-histamine. Vitamin C, copper (which can end up pretty high if you eat liver, certain fruits and starches), large amounts of calcium, unfavorable methionine to histidine ratio in foods, increased methylation due to increased copper and B vitamins (more methylation/deactivation of histamine). The Peat diet has all these things in spades. From the looks of it you dont really do much of a peat diet anymore but for the time you did it, it likely lowered your histamine levels. And they never bounced back.

Most dairy products (milk being a Peat staple) except for certain cheeses have unfavorable histidine to methionine ratios. Calcium is more of a long term thing (will lower histamine overtime) but I don't think on its own its to blame for low histamine, fermented dairy especially certain cheeses are probably pro-histamine. B complex can be good for some people but it can lead to more methylation and therefore less histamine and in people with already low histamine it could be a problem.

Those who are overweight or gain weight very easily and have many digestive intolerances (which from what you write you seem to have) always point to low histamine. This is characteristic of low histamine. Histamine is not the only factor and some will argue its not the primary issue and that if you fix underlying issues histamine should normalize but I disagree.

Thankfully you made another post showing us what you eat and take as supplements. Vitamin C and aspirin are both very anti-histamine substances. I dont know much about methylene blue, but I know of someone gaining weight from it every time they take it.

I agree that aspirin, dairy can cause weight gain but I think copper, even though it's anti histamine, would cause weight loss because it lowers blood sugar.

Also I think most pro-histamine things cause weight loss because they are actually mildly killing you, but you already prefaced your post with "not a popular opinion" and we have disagreed about this in the past so will just agree to disagree.

lampofred

Thank you, lampofred.

I don't think my estrogen is high, so adding copper means eating liver, correct?

Yeah I like calf liver to quickly change my body's copper to iron ratio in favor of copper.

OP
Vinny

Vinny

You absolutely got my attention, redsun. I can now, at quite broad extent, theorize, why I crave sometimes (but in reality restrict) red wine, chocolate, aged cheeses, nuts ... etc. Smashing ....

OP
Vinny

Vinny

Don't worry too much if it's pasteurised or not. Also goats milk don't get homogenized as far as I know because the fat doesn't separate.

Do you have balanced blood sugar during the day or do you need snack frequently?

The aspirin is probably fine to keep it in but if you perfect you diet there might be no need for it, except small doses for longevity purposes.

Thanks, I appreciate, Hans. Can suspect how many emails you receive every day and how much time consuming is....

Not sure what to say about the blood sugar during the day, but I guess I don't snack very often (debatable)

OP
Vinny

Vinny

OP
Vinny

Vinny

Have you tried monolaurin? I have personally reaped many benefits from it. Clearer skin, more energy ( I can take less thyroid when I use it), and better digestion. I had a viral infection 3 years ago that would not resolve until I tried monolaurin. I generally feel great when I use it and I am also someone who does not do well with supplements. I take the original monolaurin, Lauricidin, because it is available in small pellets, the size of lentils. This allows you to start at a low dose and work up. I’ve found great benefit from even a 3 day course, although I usually take it for 30 days at a time. Just a thought if you suspect a gut issue.
No, Nicole, haven't tried it, just read some folks use it.
Should give it a go, especially mentioning in anti viral context. After my nervous breakdown yesterday, after getting of off the scales, I woke up this morning with a herpes ....

OP
Vinny

Vinny

I agree that aspirin, dairy can cause weight gain but I think copper, even though it's anti histamine, would cause weight loss because it lowers blood sugar.

Also I think most pro-histamine things cause weight loss because they are actually mildly killing you, but you already prefaced your post with "not a popular opinion" and we have disagreed about this in the past so will just agree to disagree.
Noted

boris

Vinny, like you realized yourself, you have not enough calcium intake. That means your body will be in phosphorus excess which will pull calcium out of your bones and cause it to circulate and end up in places you don't want it to be. High calcium diets are anti inflammatory and help with weightloss. The opposite should be true for low calcium or high phosphorus diets.

If you can't tolerate dairy you can just grind up some eggshells and eat small amounts mixed with food. 5-6g eggshell per day should be enough (about 2g calcium).

Calcium Paradox – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)
Dietary calcium deficiency results in calcium being placed where it does not belong – in the soft tissues and inside cells. This happens at the expense of our bones, increasing inflammation, interfering with energy production, and causing dysfunctions like hypertension, arteriosclerosis, type 2 diabetes, neurodegenerative diseases, obesity, metabolic syndrome, and degenerative joint disease. Inappropriate calcification occurs ironically due to a lack of calcium. This phenomenon is known as the calcium paradox.

redsun

Yeh things can be "pro-histamine" and be bad for you or not conductive to health. The point was explaining why unhealthy people can maintain good weight more easily. I was specifically talking about maintaining a normal weight only, obviously you can be normal weight and unhealthy. I dont think we should partake in all these insanely bad healthy habits to raise histamine, it was to illustrate that point only. And no not all pro-histamine things kill you slowly. There are a lot of pro-histamine foods that are great. Proteins is by nature pro-histamine and proteins that are high in histidine compared to methionine are even more so.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals