83kg female

OP
L

Lana

I am about a year eating peat style feeling good and healthy but definitely could do with being slimmer. I’ve just been walking for exercise and am about to restart weight training

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I’d say focus on your fitness with walking and weight training and see where your weight settles. Your BMI is about 27 which honestly would have been considered normal before the WHO lowered it in the 1990’s to 25 as overweight for both men and women. I personally wouldn’t be overly concerned at all if you feel good but that’s just my opinion. I’m assuming you are female.

OP
L

Lana

I a
I’d say focus on your fitness with walking and weight training and see where your weight settles. Your BMI is about 27 which honestly would have been considered normal before the WHO lowered it in the 1990’s to 25 as overweight for both men and women. I personally wouldn’t be overly concerned at all if you feel good but that’s just my opinion. I’m assuming you are female.
im female . Yes . I feel good but honestly For to feel attractive and just that bit more quick on my feet I’d like to lose 10kg but only in the healthiest way possible . I’m still playing around with these thoughts . I know I’m still so influenced by media . ? but ya thanks . Most important is I feel strong again after not feeling well for a few years xx

LuMonty

My wife was in a similar state when we married. In her case, she was afraid to build muscle because she thought she wouldn't look feminine enough, but I convinced her. Also getting enough protein is helpful, but it sounds like you know that from reading Peat. So I second the weight training. From my point of view, it's good that you're considering whether your thoughts are being influenced or not. The difference I see is that you have a firm idea of what the unhealthy ways are so you'll intuitively know if you're on the right track.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I a

im female . Yes . I feel good but honestly For to feel attractive and just that bit more quick on my feet I’d like to lose 10kg but only in the healthiest way possible . I’m still playing around with these thoughts . I know I’m still so influenced by media . ? but ya thanks . Most important is I feel strong again after not feeling well for a few years xx
I completely understand how you feel and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to feel good in your own skin. From a purely health perspective I think you are absolutely fine.
I did something similar last year and changed my body composition and weight (a little) just by being more consistent with my walks/hikes and weight training and I do feel better about how I both function and look. It took several months for me to really see a difference but I’m in my 50’s.
I’m also all for the slow approach especially since you already feel fine. If I could offer you or anyone else reading this any advice it would be to go slow, stay consistent, stretch your perceived limits, and to compare yourself to no one else except who you were yesterday. @LuMonty’s input is excellent.

SonOfEurope

999kg male here... 178cm tall.

My momma is typing this for me because I cannot move my arms they're buried under the lard....

I'm breathing with tubes... I am on an 316 steel bed frame because any wood I'd break it.

Helllllppppp meeee.!

Seriously, reach a light caloric deficit and keep it up - safest way is to keep your carbs and proteins intact whilst reducing fat intake (within reason) and doing a bit more exercise.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals