Is It Possible To Open Epiphyseal Growth Plate?

Since mainstream medical "science" is filled with wrong assumptions about the nature or reality of our organism or physiology (such as assuming sugar causes diabetes, cholesterol leads to heart problems, proteins are pro-osteoporosis etc.), I would assume that it can possibly be wrong about the impossibility of re-opening the epiphyseal growth plate, too. Ray Peat said: "Animal studies show that estrogen stunts growth, including bone growth."

Ray Peat even said this: the nature of science itself changed around the middle of the last century, becoming product and disease oriented, so that now relatively few people are continuing to study bones objectively.

Some studies about bone:

Leg Length, Body Proportion, and Health: A Review with a Note on Beauty:

"Decomposing stature into its major components is proving to be a useful strategy to assess the antecedents of disease, morbidity and death in adulthood. Human leg length (femur + tibia), sitting height (trunk length + head length) and their proportions, for example, (leg length/stature), or the sitting height ratio (sitting height/stature × 100), among others) are associated with epidemiological risk for overweight (fatness), coronary heart disease, diabetes, liver dysfunction and certain cancers. There is also wide support for the use of relative leg length as an indicator of the quality of the environment for growth during infancy, childhood and the juvenile years of development. Human beings follow a cephalo-caudal gradient of growth, the pattern of growth common to all mammals. A special feature of the human pattern is that between birth and puberty the legs grow relatively faster than other post-cranial body segments. For groups of children and youth, short stature due to relatively short legs (i.e., a high sitting height ratio) is generally a marker of an adverse environment. The development of human body proportions is the product of environmental x genomic interactions, although few if any specific genes are known. The HOXd and the short stature homeobox-containing gene (SHOX) are genomic regions that may be relevant to human body proportions. For example, one of the SHOX related disorders is Turner syndrome. However, research with non-pathological populations indicates that the environment is a more powerful force influencing leg length and body proportions than genes. Leg length and proportion are important in the perception of human beauty, which is often considered a sign of health and fertility."

Height is extremely important in terms of reproductive success, both from my observational experience and even from scientific studies, such as this one:

Women's height, reproductive success and the evolution of sexual dimorphism in modern humans:

"Recent studies have shown that, in contemporary populations, tall men have greater reproductive success than shorter men. This appears to be due to their greater ability to attract mates. To our knowledge, no comparable results have yet been reported for women. This study used data from Britain's National Child Development Study to examine the life histories of a nationally representative group of women. Height was weakly but significantly related to reproductive success. The relationship was U-shaped, with deficits at the extremes of height. This pattern was largely due to poor health among extremely tall and extremely short women. However, the maximum reproductive success was found below the mean height for women. Thus, selection appears to be sexually disruptive in this population, favouring tall men and short women. Over evolutionary time, such a situation tends to maintain sexual dimorphism. Men do not use stature as a positive mate-choice criterion as women do. It is argued that there is good evolutionary reason for this, because men are orientated towards cues of fertility, and female height, being positively related to age of sexual maturity, is not such a cue."

Last edited:

michael94

May or not be related to this topic... But I'm going to share a "strange" thing I experienced taking a large dose of phosphoric acid a few months ago. I don't remember exactly how much it was, but I was laying in bed extremely tired/ spaced out and felt for a few brief moments like I was very close to shapeshifting.

Anyway ... I came out of that and my kidneys hurt pretty badly for a while, but in the short term my kidney function was something extraordinary ( or at least that's how it felt ). I had similarly incredible but different experiences while dry fasting.

OP
Mr. God of Cars
May or not be related to this topic... But I'm going to share a "strange" thing I experienced taking a large dose of phosphoric acid a few months ago. I don't remember exactly how much it was, but I was laying in bed extremely tired/ spaced out and felt for a few brief moments like I was very close to shapeshifting.

Anyway ... I came out of that and my kidneys hurt pretty badly for a while, but in the short term my kidney function was something extraordinary ( or at least that's how it felt ). I had similarly incredible but different experiences while dry fasting.
Your comment is interesting.

What did it feel like u were turning into

Did you drink coke?

What is that for?

Makes the process easier. Apparently it can be pretty rough

giphy.gif

Arrade

So can you? I havent heard that you can, but that would be awesome

OP
Mr. God of Cars
I knew the term, but now I rediscovered that it's interesting and found that, according to your mentioned study, it could make one extremely taller:

"IN HUMANS AND OTHER mammals, the release from growth-inhibiting conditions leads to supranormal linear growth, termed catch-up growth. Catch-up growth has been observed after transient hypothyroidism, GH deficiency, glucocorticoid excess, malnutrition, and various systemic diseases."

Arrade

It doesn't make you taller, basically they're very behind on growth so once thyroid meds or gh is introduced they quickly gain height, up to where they're genetically predisposed to be.

OP
Mr. God of Cars
It doesn't make you taller, basically they're very behind on growth so once thyroid meds or gh is introduced they quickly gain height, up to where they're genetically predisposed to be.
From my observations, specifically in relation to my co-work who happens to be the tallest or one of the tallest in, at least, my city, genetics does not determine height, actually.
You see, his parents are normal height, but he is around 2,5m to 2,10m tall, the size of a door, and once we talked to each and he told me what I was already suspecting: he ate lots of proteins, inducing production and release of somatomedin, insulin, and GH, besides thyroid (if accompanied by carbohydrates, which he likely ate during his growing period), and this study reveals how these hormones interact closely [e.g., "...indicating again that GH-induced somatomedin generation is impaired when insulin is deficient." and "In combination with the acute studies in animal models, these more chronic examinations emphasize the close relationship between diet (quantity and quality -- particularly protein content), somatomedin and growth."], which confirms that eating protein as he did is necessary to grow taller.

Also, he told me that he was not doing any activities and that he used to lied down "all day long" during his growing years (especially in 2008, according to him), confirming yet another study:

"The authors show that at least 90% of bone elongation occurs during recumbency and almost no growth occurs during standing or locomotion [that is, during physical activity]. The authors hypothesize that growth may also occur in children during rest or sleep, thus supporting the concept of nocturnal growth and perhaps a relationship to growing pains."

He was also fat, and fat tissue generate growth factors.

So nutrition and recumbency (environment) are more important to linear growth than genes, although the previous factors possibly increased genes expression and activity.

Last edited:

Arrade

I can believe that. I was always a thin child, I don’t think my parents really fed me to my fill.
Wish we could find a way to re open the ephisyeal growth plates

OP
Mr. God of Cars
I can believe that. I was always a thin child, I don’t think my parents really fed me to my fill.
Wish we could find a way to re open the ephisyeal growth plates
I noticed or I think that most average or short in height (around 1,70cm) are somewhat sleep deprived. In 2014, I got to know Matheus, a student in my class, and he was pretty tall too, and he once talked in class that he slept that night eleven and a half hours -- really long sleep (I mean, I barely reach the mark of nine hours of sleep).

So more sleep could be our height growth answer, even if it may seem too late.

Arrade

I noticed or I think that most average or short in height (around 1,70cm) are somewhat sleep deprived. In 2014, I got to know Matheus, a student in my class, and he was pretty tall too, and he once talked in class that he slept that night eleven and a half hours -- really long sleep (I mean, I barely reach the mark of nine hours of sleep).

So more sleep could be our height growth answer, even if it may seem too late.
Is the only way to grow taller to have denser bones, once the growth plates close?
Right now my igf is actually above normal

I know that estrogen plays a role in the fusing of the growth plates. I believe it's theoretically possible to reopen growth plates but how does one decalcify the growth plate?

One would likely have to be in peak health. It's not necessarily uncommon for the people to grow a few inches in their early 20s when their growth plates were supposedly closed.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals