'Gainz Brah' Bio-energetic Log

OP
m_arch

m_arch

I've just weighed myself again - 7 days later.

80.8kg
15.6 bodyfat %

My first weigh-in was wearing clothes, so I'm thinking a lot of the reduction has come from that... very scientific of me. I'll try keep the same variables from now on

EIRE24

Do you eat the oysters and liver in the same day? I'm wondering if it would be wise to do this as maybe you'd be exceeding some vitamins and it would cause problems?

OP
m_arch

m_arch

Do you eat the oysters and liver in the same day? I'm wondering if it would be wise to do this as maybe you'd be exceeding some vitamins and it would cause problems?
No, they’re more supplemental about twice a week.

To be honest I'm having a hard time getting the liver down now. Do you think I'd be missing any important nutrients if I took the liver out and took vit a instead? I guess the alternative is to freeze little bits of liver and swallow those whole

OP
m_arch

m_arch

Imo, liver is horrid and I don't eat it. I don't feel like I'm missing out.
I didn't mind it at first but i'm seriously over it now.

As a teen I was on the acne drug 'accutane'; the long term side effects for me have been seriously dry eyes (and it looks like i've been let off lucky), and in 6 or so years since stopping accutane the only thing thats helped has been liver - i've been taking it for the past 3 months, after two days my dry eyes left me. Acne also went down (although it wasn't too bad now after the accutane, and now that i'm 24 - but it did improve).

Now i haven't eaten any liver for 7 days and my dry eyes are coming back, so it looks like i'll need to upkeep it.

yesterday i googled "vitamin A and accutane" to come accross webMD type websites with people asking questions like "if accutane is just like vitamin A, can't I take vitamin A and avoid the sides of accutane?"

It had responses from DIY types to the effect of "i've been trying A for a few months and omg my life has changed for the better forever - acne is gone, skin is so smooth! wow no longer depressed..." etc.

the authoritarian and admin responses roll in "We do not permit discussion of dangerous DIY supplementation, vitamin A in pill form is different from accutane and haven't you heard of overdosing on vitamin and don't do things that are dangerous without doctor supervision - THREAD CLOSED"

EIRE24

No, they’re more supplemental about twice a week.

To be honest I'm having a hard time getting the liver down now. Do you think I'd be missing any important nutrients if I took the liver out and took vit a instead? I guess the alternative is to freeze little bits of liver and swallow those whole

I think food is always better, thats my opinion. It is totally up to you though. I myself am going to start doing oysters and liver more. I think oysters 2-3 times a week maybe more depending on how I feel and liver twice a week.

OP
m_arch

m_arch

Okay, I think I've found my ultimate diet. Things are going really well.

Its basically a modified version of @tyw 's diet of rice, eggs and fruit... but with a lot of meat (~150g protein/day) and adding gelatin to balance the amino acid profile, as well as supplementing calcium to balance the phosphate. Diet DONE!

It's been weird. I've felt really good initially, seemingly lost a lot of body fat, but then a few days ago I came down with a massive man-flu. Felt like vomiting all day etc, but it only lasted 3 days and now I feel good again. I suspect now I've been finally getting adequate protein, maybe my body went into OD to detox some estrogen.

Since going off liver, my eyes went dry again. I'm now taking a vitamin A supplement (100,000ui/day) with viamin E (500mg) with k2 with a teaspoon of eggshell calcium with two eggs for breakfast. Crafting the ultimate synergistic nutrition regime muhahaha. The A and the eggs (cholesterol) = ROIDZ. The E = the A isn't oxidised. The A and E and eggs = fat for the k2 to absorb well. The k2 = the calcium gets shunted to the right location.

The meat = mass brah
The rice and fruit = carbed the **** up

Micros? Check
Macros? Check
Pufa avoided? Check
Steroid building blocks? Check
Feeling good? Check
Good stools? Check

Now... rise... rise... my heart rate.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, thanks to TYW's post on the Okinawa peoples. I've been kind of mentally obsessing / freaking out about having to eat calories all the time, and then fretting if I don't have any good pufa free food around. I think its done more harm than good. TYW pointed out that the Okinawa people's where having a chronic low calorie diet - and yet they lived a long time.
Did they have a good metabolism even though their calories were lower? If metabolism is the primary metric for health, and they all live 90+, they sure do. TYW said his is due to the the fact they're always PUFA depleted - leading to more uncoupling. I don't plan to go low calorie, but I'll probably have larger meals less frequently as its much more convenient and it doesnt SEEM like there are too many down sides. I can always sip OJ between meals.
He also talked about how we do indeed need estrogen and all the "bad guys". We just don't need them chronically. Its helped me not get so obsessive about it. Thanks man <3.

Last edited:
OP
m_arch

m_arch

I've just weighed myself again - 7 days later.

80.8kg
15.6 bodyfat %

My first weigh-in was wearing clothes, so I'm thinking a lot of the reduction has come from that... very scientific of me. I'll try keep the same variables from now on
16 days later
79.2kg
15 bf %

EIRE24

Its basically a modified version of @tyw 's diet of rice, eggs and fruit... but with a lot of meat (~150g protein/day) and adding gelatin to balance the amino acid profile, as well as supplementing calcium to balance the phosphate. Diet DONE!

It's been weird. I've felt really good initially, seemingly lost a lot of body fat, but then a few days ago I came down with a massive man-flu. Felt like vomiting all day etc, but it only lasted 3 days and now I feel good again. I suspect now I've been finally getting adequate protein, maybe my body went into OD to detox some estrogen.

Since going off liver, my eyes went dry again. I'm now taking a vitamin A supplement (100,000ui/day) with viamin E (500mg) with k2 with a teaspoon of eggshell calcium with two eggs for breakfast. Crafting the ultimate synergistic nutrition regime muhahaha. The A and the eggs (cholesterol) = ROIDZ. The E = the A isn't oxidised. The A and E and eggs = fat for the k2 to absorb well. The k2 = the calcium gets shunted to the right location.

The meat = mass brah

Micros? Check
Macros? Check
Pufa avoided? Check
Feeling good? Check
Good stools? Check

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, thanks to TYW's post on the Okinawa peoples. I've been kind of mentally obsessing / freaking out about having to eat calories all the time, and then fretting if I don't have any good pufa free food around. I think its done more harm than good. TYW pointed out that the Okinawa people's where having a chronic low calorie diet - and yet they lived a long time.
Did they have a good metabolism even though their calories were lower? If metabolism is the primary metric for health, and they all live 90+, they sure do. TYW said his is due to the the fact they're always PUFA depleted - leading to more uncoupling. I don't plan to go low calorie, but I'll probably have larger meals less frequently as its much more convenient and it doesnt SEEM like there are too many down sides. I can always sip OJ between meals.
He also talked about how we do indeed need estrogen and all the "bad guys". We just don't need them chronically. Its helped me not get so obsessive about it. Thanks man <3.

So you definitely feel a difference when you include liver in your diet or vitamin A? How much liver used you eat to get rid of the dry eyes?

EIRE24

The meat = mass brah

Micros? Check
Macros? Check
Pufa avoided? Check
Feeling good? Check
Good stools? Check

Also, is tyw's diet just rice, fruit and eggs?

OP
m_arch

m_arch

So you definitely feel a difference when you include liver in your diet or vitamin A? How much liver used you eat to get rid of the dry eyes?
Yes. Dry eyes go away almost instantly. It's like magic. I'm taking 100,000 ui vitamin a right now, but they go away on less. I just suspect I'm deficient.

Yeah that's tyw s diet. I think he also has gummy bears too lol

OP
m_arch

m_arch

Okay so an update on my experience;
Breakthrough With CO2 Breathing? New Experiment

Also I should mention I've found it very helpful to be more social. Exposure therapy is good, showing up, saying high... doing things that you have control over. Don't have crazy expectations for an interaction. Progesterone also makes me lose all anxiety, but I get a big sleepy too. Anyway, being social definitely promotes happiness for me! Even though I've typically been very introverted.

tankasnowgod

Hey, it's cool that you've also got a testosterone and androgen protocol going on. Imma keep an eye on this thread as well. I think you're right in thinking that Vitamin A and dietary cholesterol (mainly from eggs) are keys to this whole thing. I'm guessing those factors, along with Vitamin E, would probably be important for any guys doing TRT as well.

I don't know which types of liver you've tried, but two that I find much milder are both chicken and calf. I was doing regular beef liver, and liked it at first, but really had to choke it down after a while. I'm currently using Skylark calf liver, and it is muuuuuuuch better tasting, and a bit sweet when cooked. I even look forward to it a bit each week, I pan fry it in butter. You may want to check it out. I also don't mind liverwurst.

EIRE24

Yes. Dry eyes go away almost instantly. It's like magic. I'm taking 100,000 ui vitamin a right now, but they go away on less. I just suspect I'm deficient.

Yeah that's tyw s diet. I think he also has gummy bears too lol

And you find acne goes away at this amount of vitamin A too?

OP
m_arch

m_arch

Hey, it's cool that you've also got a testosterone and androgen protocol going on. Imma keep an eye on this thread as well. I think you're right in thinking that Vitamin A and dietary cholesterol (mainly from eggs) are keys to this whole thing. I'm guessing those factors, along with Vitamin E, would probably be important for any guys doing TRT as well.

I don't know which types of liver you've tried, but two that I find much milder are both chicken and calf. I was doing regular beef liver, and liked it at first, but really had to choke it down after a while. I'm currently using Skylark calf liver, and it is muuuuuuuch better tasting, and a bit sweet when cooked. I even look forward to it a bit each week, I pan fry it in butter. You may want to check it out. I also don't mind liverwurst.
Awesome man! Yeah for some reason I had it in my head that beef liver was the best and chicken liver didn't have any nutrients comparatively... but I think i was wrong about that. Chicken liver is indeed much tastier, I'll have to try this again. Thanks.

BenPatrick

love the name of this log haha.

I also took accutane when I was 17/18. Had chronic dry eyes (SUCH A PAIN) ever since, as well as keratosis pillaris which seems to come and go.

Do you get ingrown hairs? I've had a huge issue with shaving every since accutane. Literally every time I've ever shaved my face, takes about a week for the ingrown hair inflamation to recede. Just pulled the trigger on Nutrisorb A and I'm going to start using it transdermally. Liver helps for sure, but I still can't seem to beat the dry eyes/KP/ingrown hairs/dandruff.. So I'm hopeful the vitamin A will be a huge help.

Ill keep an eye on the thread and share my experience once I get more Vit A going on.

OP
m_arch

m_arch

So I should explicitly state that i've had feelings of "roid rage". I'm usually a pretty calm laid back kind of guy, but with this increased energy theres been good and bad. Holy cow, when I get angry, do I get angry. I feel to need to lift heavy weights now. Its interesting playing tennis, I lost the first set the other day 6-1 and was raging after the first game I lost. Basically, I lost the set because of tennis rage. I couldn't focus, just so angry. But my body didn't 'fade away' as it often has done, and when I got my ***t together I won the second set 6-2.

I've been having seriously bad arguments with people though, where I just get mad upon angry.

So, I don't want to lose the benefits of feeling great from the increased roids - I've devised a plan.

The Ray Peat metabolic approach seems as follows - you increase calories, but you also increase calorie expenditure. There is more energy flowing through the organism.
Perhaps a steroid approach (for a man anyway) would be as follows - you increase all steroids (vit a, cholesterol, t3). If you experience roid rage (I assume my testosterone is through the roof right now - or well, at least more than i can comfortably handle given my emotional maturity) then you supplement progesterone. I've already been supplementing a little (4 drops of progestene at night before bed), my thought was that if all steroids increase then probably estrogen will too, so I better bump that down. I'm going to try up my dose of progesterone to 4 drops in the morning, 4 at night, to see if that helps me chill out.

Damn, I really need to chill out.

OP
m_arch

m_arch

love the name of this log haha.

I also took accutane when I was 17/18. Had chronic dry eyes (SUCH A PAIN) ever since, as well as keratosis pillaris which seems to come and go.

Do you get ingrown hairs? I've had a huge issue with shaving every since accutane. Literally every time I've ever shaved my face, takes about a week for the ingrown hair inflamation to recede. Just pulled the trigger on Nutrisorb A and I'm going to start using it transdermally. Liver helps for sure, but I still can't seem to beat the dry eyes/KP/ingrown hairs/dandruff.. So I'm hopeful the vitamin A will be a huge help.

Ill keep an eye on the thread and share my experience once I get more Vit A going on.
<3

Hope it goes well for you! My cousin also took accutane and has chronic dry eyes. He's finding a multivitamin helps him (I originally recommended him to try liver but he refused). I haven't had chronic keratosis pillaris (except when I got ross river virus earlier this year) so I can't help you there, but perhaps the high dose vitamin A will help.

People often talk about its toxicity at such high doses (i'm doing 100,000 UI) but I have heard if you have daily carot salad, your skin will turn orange if you have too much vitamin A. Also I believe there was a study done of 100,00 UI for 6 years and people were fine. But maybe after 6 months I'll lower my dose to 20,000 UI just to be safe. Hows your metabolism? The A can get oxidised so Ray recomends having E with it.

When I used to shave I would get a rash on my neck in this one spot, so I stopped shaving and now I use a stubble trimmer (people tell me it looks better anyway - I have a baby face). I think it was more of a rash than ingrown hairs though.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals