'Gainz Brah' Bio-energetic Log

m_arch

So after reading some of Ray's work I've been inspired to put some principles into action.
Currently I've 'cured' my dry eyes with regular consumption of beef liver and oysters, so after that win, I'm interested to see what else I can accomplish.

The idea is to use diet and some supplements to max out steroid production and metabolism.
Full natty juicing plan; protein (gain n hold muscle), cholesterol (steroid synthesis), vitamin A (steroid synthesis) and carbs (thyroid).

My stats as at 18/5/16:
ETCO2: usually around 5.7kpa but sometimes 6.0
Height: 184cm
Weight: 83kg
Body Fat % (according to crappy electronic scales): 16.7%

I'll be implementing the following as a daily base diet:
8ZDfE7.jpg

to achieve this as a base:
D5onq6.jpg

...and supplement with collagen to balance aminos - 1 table spoon a day, magnesium chloride, calcium(2000mg - anyone know the best way to take this? small doses throughout the day?), vitamin e, vitamin k

So after eating this as a base, I have a spare meal to add. Does anyone know peat-friendly ways to amp up protein without using dairy? Ideally i'd want 100-150g a day.

tara

I don't count as 'brah'. :)

and carbs (thyroid).
and for fuel

So after eating this as a base, I have a spare meal to add. Does anyone know peat-friendly ways to amp up protein without using dairy? Ideally i'd want 100-150g a day.
I guess that next meal is going to be a big one. If you are wanting to raise metabolism much and add some more muscle, I imagine you'd need to at least double it.
Another kilo of potatoes if they agree with you, or maybe vary with other tubers or more rice, and some gelatine - eg gelatinous broth and/or jelly made with juice? Cod or other non-oily fish? You can add some greens to broth for a bit more Mg and other minerals.

Not much calcium in that list. If milk and cheese bother you, maybe some eggshell?

OP
m_arch

m_arch

I don't count as 'brah'. :)

and for fuel

I guess that next meal is going to be a big one. If you are wanting to raise metabolism much and add some more muscle, I imagine you'd need to at least double it.
Another kilo of potatoes if they agree with you, or maybe vary with other tubers or more rice, and some gelatine - eg gelatinous broth and/or jelly made with juice? Cod or other non-oily fish? You can add some greens to broth for a bit more Mg and other minerals.

Not much calcium in that list. If milk and cheese bother you, maybe some eggshell?
Yeah i'm a big grazer so i'll probably eat more than this, this is just the basics that i'll try to keep as consistent as possible.
I think the 5 potatoes I already have on there only gave like 10g of protein.
1 cup of chicken broth gives me 5.3g protein... maybe I can add that to every bowl of rice (or potatoes) I have though.

Yeah I was thinking eggshell calcium, since i'll be eating the eggs anyway.

Thoughts on adding a protein powder?

tara

You may get a bit more effective protein by eating potatoes than the nominal protein value (18g/kg), because the ketoacids can combine to recycle excess nitrogen in the system. I think Peat's said effectively similar to milk by volume, so maybe more like 30g/kg. Still, you have to be dedicated to eat a kilo or more of potatoes.
Food is probably better if you can do it, but maybe there's a case for some extra sometimes.

Dehydration can lead to some denaturing in production of powders, and I don't know how risky they are for contamination. Some protein powders are higher in tryptophan than what is probably ideal.

That said, if it agrees with you, gelatin?
Nate was keen on the miscellar (sp?) casein powder he found - not sure which bit of dairy you have trouble with.

Birdie

Yeah i'm a big grazer so i'll probably eat more than this, this is just the basics that i'll try to keep as consistent as possible.
I think the 5 potatoes I already have on there only gave like 10g of protein.
1 cup of chicken broth gives me 5.3g protein... maybe I can add that to every bowl of rice (or potatoes) I have though.

Yeah I was thinking eggshell calcium, since i'll be eating the eggs anyway.

Protein powder...maybe gelatin.

OP
m_arch

m_arch

1 table spoon of gelatin is 6g, so I guess if I have 6 tablespoons of gelatin a day i'll get something like 100g overall protien.

EDIT: Ah actually I should be right for protein. I put too little in, a cup of steak is like 225 which pushes my protein to around 125g without the extra meal.

Last edited:

Jayfish

1600 cal = semi starvation. Why? Get closer to 3k.

Why no dairy?

Why so little meat.

Vitamins and minerals arnt everything. You need way more protein and carbs to fuel anabolism which is the key factor for steroid and muscle production.

tyler

While the potatoes and rice will definitely help restore muscle glycogen, I think you should trade off some for more fructose heavy carbohydrates. Apple juice or honey or something. The liver needs sugar to synthesize cholesterol, and my understanding is that fructose does a way better job at this than glucose. You'll want as much endogenous cholesterol production as possible for generating all those youth steroid hormone gainz, blah.
But definitely a good base you have there.

OP
m_arch

m_arch

While the potatoes and rice will definitely help restore muscle glycogen, I think you should trade off some for more fructose heavy carbohydrates. Apple juice or honey or something. The liver needs sugar to synthesize cholesterol, and my understanding is that fructose does a way better job at this than glucose. You'll want as much endogenous cholesterol production as possible for generating all those youth steroid hormone gainz, blah.
But definitely a good base you have there.
I've got a litre of orange juice in there, I think that's enough fructose

OP
m_arch

m_arch

Can I not edit an older post? I'm trying to edit my first post...

I've updated my dietary plan / made it more complete;
zos0dl.jpg

eEOtm4.jpg

I ate 4 bowls in a row of rice and kangaroo mince with gelatin yesterday. I was amazed at how much I could eat, without feeling full. No fat = hungry as!

Tenacity

I'm going to supplement calcium - dunno about the iron.

Is it caffeine that binds it, or something else in coffee?

I believe it is the tannins in coffee and tea that bind to iron, not the caffeine. Coriander as Nighteyes mentioned above is also good for preventing iron absorption.

Jayfish

Looks much better but yes you definitely need calcium.

I really don't think that iron from meat is that dangerous. Fortified iron, much more so. The body has ways of regulating iron absorption m. I have been eating a half lb or more of meat every day for a long while and feel fantastic eating it. But I eat a lot of dairy as well.

OP
m_arch

m_arch

What negatives happen when you eat dairy?
Waking with a lot of eye dirt, boogers, generally congested more (even like during a cup of milk), weight gain.
My DNA test said I didn't have the lactose persistent gene and I should avoid dairy - but I experimented with it because of the peat community for a few months. It hasn't improved, even though my metabolism seems to be good.

OP
m_arch

m_arch

Looks like my bowels have been slowing down with this new diet - think I might need two carrot salads a day to deal with the extra food..

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals