Worst stuff to eat

bookshelf

In your informed opinion and experience, what do you think is the worst stuff you can eat? I'll start a list but please weigh in. Bonus points for the reason(s) why you think it's the worst.

1) PUFAs
2) Raw Veggies (except carrots and cukes)
3) Gums & Thickeners (e.g., carrageenan, guar gum)
4) Artificial dyes (except Methylene Blue)
5) Artificial Sweeteners

What else?

Apple

Pork/beef kidneys are high in lead.

This one is controvercial:
Chicken Neck - It contains lymph nodes that contain toxins and bacteria, and frequent consumption of chicken neck may increase the risk of cancer.

Last edited:
OP
bookshelf

bookshelf

Pork/beef kidneys are high in lead.

This one is controvercial:
Chicken Neck - It contains lymph nodes that contain toxins and bacteria, and frequent consumption of chicken neck may increase the risk of cancer.
Huh, who would've known?

Herbie

Ray said Ascorbic acid and citric acid added to food was second only to pufa.

Titanium dioxide, talc as well, sulfur dioxide.

I think the worst for me is anything with added bacteria like fermented ginger beer, yogurt etc as well as potato chips, I think it's because they are fried then left to sit for a long time in those bags.

Is there a source(s) about these concerns? (not necessarily directly from Peat) Aren’t ascorbic (vitamin C) and citric (citrus fruits) acids supposed to be good for you?

Thanks!
(apologies for the lame question)

@singuluscorpora

OP
bookshelf

bookshelf

Titanium dioxide, talc as well, sulfur dioxide.

I think the worst for me is anything with added bacteria like fermented ginger beer, yogurt etc as well as potato chips, I think it's because they are fried then left to sit for a long time in those bags.
I need to dig deeper into the AA and citric acid. I have heard mixed on it but always respect RPs take.

Seems titanium dioxide, talk, sulfur d. are often found in supplements.

I have been wanted to make my own potato chips but don't have the right tools, yet.

OP
bookshelf

bookshelf

Is there a source(s) about these concerns? (not necessarily directly from Peat) Aren’t ascorbic (vitamin C) and citric (citrus fruits) acids supposed to be good for you?

Thanks!
(apologies for the lame question)
Not lame from my perspective...I see compelling, conflicting information and wonder the same.

OP
bookshelf

bookshelf

@singuluscorpora
:thankyou

Peatful

Iron fortified and or excess iron

Last edited:

Herbie

@bookshelf from memory he said they are made by growing mold and that some of the mold or endotoxin can be contaminated in the final product causing allergic reactions, these acids naturally occurring in food are good.

They figured out how to make it in labs in the 80s up until then all the added citric acid was produced in Spain and was made from citrus fruit grown there.

Also taking those acids on there own can deplete vitamin c in the body because they aren't complete or something and uses up the stores in the body.

Herbie

@singuluscorpora

The links someone posted are of value, yes food sources are great, the added citric used to be made from citrus fruit from Spain but now it's all lab grown since the 80s. I drink redbull sometimes and some things which contain citric acid but I don't notice anything bad.

We don't know if by now the processes for making it have improved and the final product not being contamined by mold and actually very clean, until we know more it's good to experiment.

Jennifer

What else?

Microbial enzymes and vegetarian rennet. They’re one of the worst in my opinion because they can be highly allergenic and irritating to the intestines, and not all cheese manufactures distinguish between them and animal rennet on the label.

Sparks

Microbial enzymes and vegetarian rennet. They’re one of the worst in my opinion because they can be highly allergenic and irritating to the intestines, and not all cheese manufactures distinguish between them and animal rennet on the label.
Hi Jennifer

If it indicates on the wrapping that the cheese isn't suitable for vegetarians then I purchase it. If it doesn't then I don't. :):

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals