Why does KETO "cure" my brain ? Looking for explanations.

Bozidar

Forum Supporter
Sorry for the late response.

I dit it for two months ! Best time of my life. I literally felt like everything was possible. I miss that.
That is very short term. It makes me feel also good short term. After 3 years I am totally broken. Still recovering...keto was not the prime cause for my issues, but it made them worse...
Don't know....some people seem do good long term

Soren

Indeed I live in a moldly flat ... My symptoms improves a lot in absence of humidity !
But during keto I was doing fine while having a lot of cheese and kombucha, wich have mold in it. I don't think that's the main problem but it definitely worsen my depression.
Mikhaila Peterson who eats a carnivore diet said that she recently found out that she had mold issues and that addressing them has made her A LOT better.

View: https://x.com/MikhailaFuller/status/1653096932120707074?lang=en

OliviaD

For some metabolic diseases the ketogenic diet can be a valuable and effective treatment.

You may have issues with pyruvate dehydrogenase (which requires thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, alpha-lipoic acid and magnesium) which is needed to shuttle glucose substrates into the mitochondria / TCA cycle to create ATP.

People with genetic pyruvate dehydrogenase deficiency are oftentimes treated with B1 (and other cofactors) and a ketogenic diet.

Fatty acids more directly enter the mitochondria / TCA cycle so it may help to alleviate your ATP deficiency. (the systemic driver of multi-organ symptoms / diseases)

A combination of a ketogenic diet with B vitamins, CoQ10, alpha lipoic acid, carnitine, magnesium and potentially potassium should work pretty well.
Or she could just eat red meat and avoid all the supplements :)

Rock_V

Yeah, well I kinda disagreee because I ate a LOT of cheese and nuts which are very irritating to my gut, usually. And I felt amazing ! I don't get it, maybe they are not as irritating when they are part of a low carb diet compared to high carb. I'm so lost with diet... I just want to feel happy.
Indeed I live in a moldly flat ... My symptoms improves a lot in absence of humidity !
But during keto I was doing fine while having a lot of cheese and kombucha, wich have mold in it. I don't think that's the main problem but it definitely worsen my depression.

This is so vital. You can’t expect your body or brain to heal if you’re breathing in mold spores on a daily basis. It’s not about moldy foods.

The only time in my life I was severely depressed and desolate was when I unknowingly lived in mold.

It’s difficult but you need to find a place to live that is healthy.

Parrot

Yes indeed, I had that situation from klebsiella. I ate mainly muscle meat carnivore with fiber for about 4 years and it helped. It was just in the last year that I’ve been able to transition away from that diet (which was keto) and function fine. It was a difficult process but I would go back to it if need be to avoid taking strong drugs.

That’s a good book. Peat said keto was safe for a couple years. I went longer than that but periodically would have a carb refeed when I had the luxury of an off day. :)
That's interesting to me Blossom as I have just been diagnosed with off the scale Klebsiella as well as candida. Apparently the Klebsiella form an impervious outer protective layer which is antibiotic resistant and very hard to penetrate/break down. My naturopath has had me on a fruit free, sugar free, low starch diet for the past three weeks including certain supplements and already I am feeling the benefits - better sleep, reduced brain fog, better mood and have lost 1.5kgs to boot!
Saw her again today and the plan is to keep at it for a further month and review.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
That's interesting to me Blossom as I have just been diagnosed with off the scale Klebsiella as well as candida. Apparently the Klebsiella form an impervious outer protective layer which is antibiotic resistant and very hard to penetrate/break down. My naturopath has had me on a fruit free, sugar free, low starch diet for the past three weeks including certain supplements and already I am feeling the benefits - better sleep, reduced brain fog, better mood and have lost 1.5kgs to boot!
Saw her again today and the plan is to keep at it for a further month and review.
My sincere best wishes @Parrot. Please keep us posted and feel free to reach out for moral support. I’m really glad to hear you’re working with someone!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals