HELP ! My (bad) digestion is keeping me away from happiness!

French.cat

Forum Supporter
Hi everyone

I'm French and new to Peat... Well, I have to admit that I post really often, because I'm afraid of going in the bad direction and need some friendly advices :)

I had lifelong depression, ADHD, anxiety and brain fog. 15 years of eating disorders, healed for 2 years now.

During the past 12 days I have eaten decent amount of calories (2500 at least) and have been trying to do my best not to freak out with my bad digestion (worsened by eating disorders and low carb dieting, but I'm born that way) ! Thanks to sugar, saturated fat and good salt, my anxiety and insomnia stopped (except while taking pregnelonone), and I feel grateful 🙏

The thing is : I can't think properly.

I don't remember things I've lived, things people told me a week ago, and it's so hard to focus on a book.

Most of the time, when I have a meal, I get sudden blurry vision and enormous bloating (to the point that I hold my belly like a pregnant woman because I am ashamed...).
Fatigue follows... and brain fog is massive. I know my blood sugar level is maybe related to that issue.

I tried fasting and I got almost no brain fog. I had sharped mind. I tried keto and the same happened.

My TSH is 2.8 so it might be du to slow metabolism, that leads to not being able to digest food normally (that's what I've learned from Kate Deering's book).

Anyway, I find it hard to know what to do about it.

Should I try thyroid supplement (I have one at home, never tried) or searching for food that cause intolerance ? I want to live a normal life !

I think BAD DIGESTION is keeping me away from
happiness!

Yesterday I spend the day with my bro in museums but I was so spacey that I did not really understand what I read and my vision was horribly blurry 😥

The first week felt great but now I'm desperate.

Can you help me ?

Peatful

Lifelong depression ADHD anxiety
And 15 minus two years of ED requires a lot more consistency and time and trust than just 12 days

You have already said some things you have implemented are beneficial

Keep at it

In the meantime
Go out and volunteer in your community
Read to shut ins
Do puzzles at care homes with the residents
Etc
But be with people
Not dogs. Not gardens.
But go love on some people
You probably have so much love to give

purple pill

Similar issues here, tsh is also similar. Started to ramp up my t3 dosage and taking low dose mirtazapine to get better sleep, lower cortisol etc. My understanding is when youve been hypothyroid for so long your adrenals take up the slack by upping cortisol and adrenalin until you "burn out"and it leaves you in metabolic ruin with a long list of symptoms, the type that doctors would consider you a hypochondriac lol . Ill let you know if it leads to anything ✌️

OP
French.cat

French.cat

Forum Supporter
Lifelong depression ADHD anxiety
And 15 minus two years of ED requires a lot more consistency and time and trust than just 12 days

You have already said some things you have implemented are beneficial

Keep at it

In the meantime
Go out and volunteer in your community
Read to shut ins
Do puzzles at care homes with the residents
Etc
But be with people
Not dogs. Not gardens.
But go love on some people
You probably have so much love to give
I Know ! I am not patient…. Today I’ll try thyroid anyway , without changing anything on my diet and maybe time will help me by itself 🙏

OP
French.cat

French.cat

Forum Supporter
Similar issues here, tsh is also similar. Started to ramp up my t3 dosage and taking low dose mirtazapine to get better sleep, lower cortisol etc. My understanding is when youve been hypothyroid for so long your adrenals take up the slack by upping cortisol and adrenalin until you "burn out"and it leaves you in metabolic ruin with a long list of symptoms, the type that doctors would consider you a hypochondriac lol . Ill let you know if it leads to anything ✌️
Great, thanks !! I will try thyroid glandular supplement today and we will see 🤷‍♀️

Peatful

I Know ! I am not patient…. Today I’ll try thyroid anyway , without changing anything on my diet and maybe time will help me by itself 🙏
IME
Real healing
Deep true healing takes time

You do you though….

OP
French.cat

French.cat

Forum Supporter
IME
Real healing
Deep true healing takes time

You do you though….
Ok…. I’ve asked myself why I was in such a rush and here is what I found : I don’t want to put on weight because I am gonna be a nutrition coach in October for a gym club. Unfortunately I already put 2 kilos in 12 days… I come from severe insomnia and undereating for years…vomiting for 7 years twice a day…

I have so much fears that stop me from healin 😧

Peatful

Yes, I see those fears

Becoming a nutrition coach, but outsourcing your health to us is contradictory

I’m saying this in direct and simplest terms because I’m at work and out of time

OP
French.cat

French.cat

Forum Supporter
Yes, I see those fears

Becoming a nutrition coach, but outsourcing your health to us is contradictory

I’m saying this in direct and simplest terms because I’m at work and out of time
I don’t think so. I come from an Ayurvedic approach (I have a certificate for Ayurvedic nutrition) so I am discovering something new and I feellost with all that I’ve learned

That is not really nice of you by the way.
Thanks for trying to help anyway.

lamassu

avoiding allergenic foods (elimination diet),
Eating insoluble fiber (raw carrot salad, cooked mushrooms, etc), and taking antibiotics (including natural alternatives) can be helpful for digestion
Ensuring sufficient Ca and Mg intake
Patience
Do as many positive, social and fun things as you can
Get barefoot outside in the sun as much as possible
Work on your sleep

LLight

I think you said in another topic you drink at least 2 liters a day (1 liter orange juice, 1 liter milk) plus water maybe?

My advice to you would be to try to decrease this amount of liquid you drink each day. Try something like 1,2 liter max for example. This may ease you digestion issues.

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
Hi everyone

I'm French and new to Peat... Well, I have to admit that I post really often, because I'm afraid of going in the bad direction and need some friendly advices :)

I had lifelong depression, ADHD, anxiety and brain fog. 15 years of eating disorders, healed for 2 years now.

During the past 12 days I have eaten decent amount of calories (2500 at least) and have been trying to do my best not to freak out with my bad digestion (worsened by eating disorders and low carb dieting, but I'm born that way) ! Thanks to sugar, saturated fat and good salt, my anxiety and insomnia stopped (except while taking pregnelonone), and I feel grateful 🙏

I don't remember things I've lived, things people told me a week ago, and it's so hard to focus on a book.

Most of the time, when I have a meal, I get sudden blurry vision and enormous bloating (to the point that I hold my belly like a pregnant woman because I am ashamed...).
Fatigue follows... and brain fog is massive. I know my blood sugar level is maybe related to that issue.

I tried fasting and I got almost no brain fog. I had sharped mind. I tried keto and the same happened.

My TSH is 2.8 so it might be du to slow metabolism, that leads to not being able to digest food normally (that's what I've learned from Kate Deering's book).

Anyway, I find it hard to know what to do about it.

Should I try thyroid supplement (I have one at home, never tried) or searching for food that cause intolerance ? I want to live a normal life !

I think BAD DIGESTION is keeping me away from
happiness!

Yesterday I spend the day with my bro in museums but I was so spacey that I did not really understand what I read and my vision was horribly blurry 😥

The first week felt great but now I'm desperate.

Can you help me ?
Sounds like you have gut dysbiosis. Whether it is in the small intestine or large is not clear but is going to cause a lot of other problems in the body. If you can afford to do a quality stool pathogen test like the GI-MAP, it would help to identify whether it is a parasite/protozoa/bacteria etc causing the problem. Often it is a combination of them coupled with low or altered levels of the commensal bacteria. Unless you test it, it's hard to know what's going on, but in the meantime a low FODMAP diet may help to reduce gas and bloating due to fermentation.

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
Also if you take activated charcoal and feel better, it is very likely you have an overgrowth of pathogenic gram-negative bacteria, and some herbal cleansing may help. But be careful because you seem to be quite sensitive to things....

mostlylurking

This could be to estrogen dominance OR it could be from thiamine deficiency.
Thiamine deficiency.
suggested reading:

People who are low in thiamine do better on a keto diet because carbs/sugar use up thiamine when metabolized.
The thyroid needs thiamine to do its job because all the cells in the body, in their mitochondria, use thiamine as a co-enzyme when making ATP (cellular energy)

Do you have an endocrinologist to help you with thyroid? It would be a good idea to find one and not try to wing it alone. Optimizing thyroid supplementation takes months.
Being spacey can be caused by thiamine deficiency. Or it can be caused by estrogen dominance.
for your consideration, assuming the problem is estrogen dominance:
for your consideration, assuming the problem is thiamine deficiency:

Also this one:

Peatress

Stop pushing this rabbit hole to people. What's going on there isn't very complicated - it's simply a case of malnutrition.

Last edited:

Peatress

@French.cat please pay attention to the posts by @mostlylurking

You are young enough to turn things around and repair your body. It can be done, I've seen it being done. Some people do gain weight during recovery but that can be managed by increasing calories slowly. I think this is safer because of refeeding syndrome. You were doing well - you were finally sleeping which means you were on the right track.

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
Stop pushing this rabbit hole to people. What's going on there isn't very complicated - it's simply a case of malnutrition.
I will provide my viewpoint as and when I please, thanks :) digestion problem = dysbiosis. Whether that is inflammatory dysbiosis, insufficiency dysbiosis, or digestive function dysbiosis only some lab work can help elucidate. So kindly ignore my messages if you disagree, but please stop coming at me so aggressively, cheers!

Peatress

I will provide my viewpoint as and when I please, thanks :) digestion problem = dysbiosis. Whether that is inflammatory dysbiosis, insufficiency dysbiosis, or digestive function dysbiosis only some lab work can help elucidate. So kindly ignore my messages if you disagree, but please stop coming at me so aggressively, cheers!
Someone with an eating disorder doesn’t need to go down this path. It will simply keep them in the loop of avoiding addressing their eating patterns.

mostlylurking

digestion problem = dysbiosis.
Semantics game. Dysbiosis=digestion problem. Dysbiosis = thiamine problem in all likelihood.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals