Why Does All Animal Protein Kill Libido?

It is just what happens to me, I don't crave animal protein and when I eat it I feel irritable, anxious and with the need to eat carbs. And then, after eating these carbs I feel tired and lethargic...
Same with me.

I'm perfectly happy eating a Peaty plant-based diet. Been doing this since the end of 2018 (with a few exceptions due to social circumstances) and I feel the best I've ever felt. Never felt constantly this good for even a whole day before this. I stopped craving animal foods and so I stopped eating them with the result of starting to really feel awesome. I was afraid at first due to previous disastrous attempt at veganism. I still had the intuitive feeling that we don't need to eat animals so I was curious about the Peaty veganism.

My idea of Peaty vegan:
-Tubers & Roots (skinless, well-cooked)
-Fruits & Berries(ripe good quality fresh, dried and juice)
-Refined Grains (well-cooked)
-Greens (well-cooked)
-some Whole Grains (soaked, well-cooked)
-some Legumes (soaked, well-cooked) These require a long long cooking time, otherwise they give me a couple of farts, and I like zero farts.
-needless to say: Coffee
-sometimes a little Coconut and Cacao products

At first I supplemented vit D and B12. Now I'm experimenting with having zero supplements. Getting as much sun as possible and trusting my bacteria in producing the B12. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone but I'm a maverick lol and like to experiment with myself. Feel great so far.

"Intestinal bacteria are an important source of B12, and many plant materials contain some. Carotene can be converted to vitamin A when B12 is available. I don't think the real causes of a B12 deficiency are known. A generous dietary source of both A and B12 is desirable, but usually not essential." -RP

Same with me.

I'm perfectly happy eating a Peaty plant-based diet. Been doing this since the end of 2018 (with a few exceptions due to social circumstances) and I feel the best I've ever felt. Never felt constantly this good for even a whole day before this. I stopped craving animal foods and so I stopped eating them with the result of starting to really feel awesome. I was afraid at first due to previous disastrous attempt at veganism. I still had the intuitive feeling that we don't need to eat animals so I was curious about the Peaty veganism.

My idea of Peaty vegan:
-Tubers & Roots (skinless, well-cooked)
-Fruits & Berries(ripe good quality fresh, dried and juice)
-Refined Grains (well-cooked)
-Greens (well-cooked)
-some Whole Grains (soaked, well-cooked)
-some Legumes (soaked, well-cooked) These require a long long cooking time, otherwise they give me a couple of farts, and I like zero farts.
-needless to say: Coffee
-sometimes a little Coconut and Cacao products

At first I supplemented vit D and B12. Now I'm experimenting with having zero supplements. Getting as much sun as possible and trusting my bacteria in producing the B12. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone but I'm a maverick lol and like to experiment with myself. Feel great so far.

"Intestinal bacteria are an important source of B12, and many plant materials contain some. Carotene can be converted to vitamin A when B12 is available. I don't think the real causes of a B12 deficiency are known. A generous dietary source of both A and B12 is desirable, but usually not essential." -RP

Man,i saw a lot of B12-Denial around vegans lately,does this really come from strong and impartial analysis?

Vegans that talk this talk are seriously dangerous desinformation-agents,so many children and youths are adopting this lifestyle-diet and they need all the help they can get,yourself included.I can perceive the presence of some kind of rebellion against the proven inferiority of Plant-Based Diets,by engaging in Fake-News Distribution like the claim that you make your own B12.

Animals have to eat feces to absorb that,if,IF it is produced,then in the large colon,from where no transportation into circulation happens anylonger.B12 deficiency is well characterized and studied in xtensive detailing,and now you arrive at the scene with some vegan-intuition-gutfeeling lol.
And RP is awfully wrong with that citation,cant believe my eyes,looks fake to me lol.Such Amateur mistakes.Where does the excerpt come from?

Ableton

Nope this a HUGE issue that most people don't realize. I know exactly how OP is feeling and it happens to me until I specifically started to buy meat from a butcher and told them to paper wrap it instead of plastic wrap. And when I buy supermarket meat, if I cut off any edge that touched the plastic wrapping, I feel good.

I was thinking of starting a thread about this issue actually.
consider placebo
especially because estrogen actually FEELS good in the short term, in my experience

Man,i saw a lot of B12-Denial around vegans lately,does this really come from strong and impartial analysis?

Vegans that talk this talk are seriously dangerous desinformation-agents,so many children and youths are adopting this lifestyle-diet and they need all the help they can get,yourself included.I can perceive the presence of some kind of rebellion against the proven inferiority of Plant-Based Diets,by engaging in Fake-News Distribution like the claim that you make your own B12.

Animals have to eat feces to absorb that,if,IF it is produced,then in the large colon,from where no transportation into circulation happens anylonger.B12 deficiency is well characterized and studied in xtensive detailing,and now you arrive at the scene with some vegan-intuition-gutfeeling lol.
And RP is awfully wrong with that citation,cant believe my eyes,looks fake to me lol.Such Amateur mistakes.Where does the excerpt come from?
I never said I produce B12. Bacteria produces it. In the small intestine too. It's been shown. Maybe an overall gut health is the key who knows.
That Peat quote is from an email response.

So I should not care about my own experience and results after ten years of research and obsessively trying out different dietary things? I should do something you say is acceptable and not care about how I feel or what I want to eat? Sorry mate but I'm the boss of my own life.

By the way I didn't recommend veganism nor would I. I think animal foods are great and most people should eat them. Nor did I recommend vegans going without a B12 supplement. I specifically said I wouldn't recommend it. (like I'm some authority anyway lol)

And I too am really concerned about a lot of people especially youth adopting a horrible life draining crappy vegan diet. I think even a SAD is better. I am not a spokesperson for veganism. I have a leather jacket and a leather belt. Occasional eating of animal foods doesn't bother me at all. I just don't like to force-feed myself a diet I don't enjoy, especially when I feel like a million bucks eating the way I do.

@Tristan Loscha
I've gotten rid of depression, anxiety, ED, low libido, horrible digestive issues like bloating and constipation, brain fog and horrible ability to focus to name a few problems. I had ED when I was under 20 years old. Used to have the flu all the time. I've been an utter mess. Finding Peat's work, starting to avoid PUFA and embracing carbs was what initially started giving me relief but nothing has melted away my problems like the way I currently eat. I feel awesome, good digestion, strong dong, I don't get sick, I'm able to deal with intensely stressful and traumatic circumstances in my life, sharp focus.

If this is wrong I don't want to be right.

Dino D

@Tristan Loscha
I've gotten rid of depression, anxiety, ED, low libido, horrible digestive issues like bloating and constipation, brain fog and horrible ability to focus to name a few problems. I had ED when I was under 20 years old. Used to have the flu all the time. I've been an utter mess. Finding Peat's work, starting to avoid PUFA and embracing carbs was what initially started giving me relief but nothing has melted away my problems like the way I currently eat. I feel awesome, good digestion, strong dong, I don't get sick, I'm able to deal with intensely stressful and traumatic circumstances in my life, sharp focus.

If this is wrong I don't want to be right.
are you fat or lean?

how to start if I would lets say try to eat like you for 3 weaks... ??? any super simply advice?
potatoes, rice, pasta, grains, some fruits and almost no meat? what with the fat?

are you fat or lean?

how to start if I would lets say try to eat like you for 3 weaks... ??? any super simply advice?
potatoes, rice, pasta, grains, some fruits and almost no meat? what with the fat?

Oh man.please try something better like ketogenic diet or something.If you feel better with vegan-type diets,you just werent healthy at all in your life,thus the impression of betterment,skewed baseline etc.

Oh man.please try something better like ketogenic diet or something.If you feel better with vegan-type diets,you just werent healthy at all in your life,thus the impression of betterment,skewed baseline etc.
3 weeks will surely kill him. Thank you oh health police. What would we do without your constructive advice.

What's with all the authoritarian close-minded keto/carnivore people conquering the Ray Peat Forum?

Dino D

i have tried keto, low carb, nice sleep, more stamina, low to 0 libido, constipation, iritable..
vegetarian style, low stamina, bad sleep, bit better mood and libido, more acne...
omnivore, all of the bad effect at the same time, no beneffits
:)))))

are you fat or lean?

I'm quite lean. Used to have 10-15 kg more fat on me though. I think I was at my heaviest when I had discovered Matt Stone and started recovering from superfood and organic obsession, mainstream veganism, low carb paleo etc all kinds of traps of the diet world. After finding Matt Stone I ate a lot of everything lol. It's was a really healing time though and I'm forever grateful to Matt.

I feel uncomfortable putting out any protocol. You can private message me though if you want and talk more individual context based personal stuff.

OP
C
Plants can be pro-libido via the folates and vitamin C for BH4. You could be lacking folic acid which helps raise histamine and make BH4. BH4 is necessary for nitric oxide and dopamine. So when you eat plants you are providing folates helping your low libido out.

Veal liver is a good source of folates and the copper in the liver can be helpful for libido if copper intake has been chronically low but excessive copper would easily become anti-libido because it would start to increase noradrenaline and adrenaline firing up the SNS and giving you lots of energy which will as a downside hide the libido.

I am not surprised you get loss of libido from dairy and eggs, they arent really good for my libido either. But meat, especially red meat is very pro-libido for me. I always try to keep my folate in the diet up otherwise I supplement sometimes if that day was low. I also had a short time of supplementing very high amounts of folic acid to get levels up and it was very helpful in that department.

I would suggest supplementing higher doses of folic acid said 800mcg 2-3x a day for a bit while trying to get lots of vitamin C from fruits and what not. If it helps your libido it can explain whats going on in your case.
This is really interesting. I would pass out asleep after eating meat. Until i starting methylfolate before eating a meat based meal and suddenly i am not falling asleep. I think i have some kind of folate conversion problem or methylation issue. Do you have any other insights into BH4. I understand it is necessary to detoxify ammonia.

redsun

This is really interesting. I would pass out asleep after eating meat. Until i starting methylfolate before eating a meat based meal and suddenly i am not falling asleep. I think i have some kind of folate conversion problem or methylation issue. Do you have any other insights into BH4. I understand it is necessary to detoxify ammonia.

Main thing is BH4 is vital for most neurotransmitters and therefore cognitive function. Its needed for phenylalanine to tyrosine conversion and tyrosine to L-dopa conversion. Meanings its vital to get to L-dopa and consequently to have enough catecholamines dopamine, noradrenaline, and adrenaline. Vitamin C and folate/folic acid are the two main nutrients involved in BH4 and its recycling. You may be chronically low in folates.

OP
C
Main thing is BH4 is vital for most neurotransmitters and therefore cognitive function. Its needed for phenylalanine to tyrosine conversion and tyrosine to L-dopa conversion. Meanings its vital to get to L-dopa and consequently to have enough catecholamines dopamine, noradrenaline, and adrenaline. Vitamin C and folate/folic acid are the two main nutrients involved in BH4 and its recycling. You may be chronically low in folates.
I think youre right. Thing that remains to work out is whether im low due to a lack of folate in the diet or some kind of conversion issue.

redsun

I think youre right. Thing that remains to work out is whether im low due to a lack of folate in the diet or some kind of conversion issue.

If you try plain folic acid and see how you feel from it, it may give insight into whether its conversion issue or you are just lacking. Though its not a real test its more subjective. You can be low in folates despite hitting RDA.

3 weeks will surely kill him. Thank you oh health police. What would we do without your constructive advice.

What's with all the authoritarian close-minded keto/carnivore people conquering the Ray Peat Forum?

This is projection,vegans endanger Millions of children with their short sighted sophisms and crusader personality.Vegans are playing with words.

This is projection,vegans endanger Millions of children with their short sighted sophisms and crusader personality.Vegans are playing with words.
I haven't told anybody what to do. Nor have I made arrogant and ignorant claims and assumptions like this:
"If you feel better with vegan-type diets,you just werent healthy at all in your life"

I'm simply sharing my experience and speculations. I think the "Peaty vegan" is a really interesting and unique experiment and that's why I decided to give it a go. Understand this: I WAS AFRAID to try this because I had so strong dogma that veganism is bad for health. I had no moral problems eating beef, eggs and cultured dairy when I decided to do this. I'm endlessly curious and love experimenting. I didn't know if this would work. Should I feel guilty about feeling the best ever with this? I think I have unique perspective (thanks to Peat) that both dogmatic vegans and dogmatic meat eaters dismiss.

A vegan is not the same as a vegan. It's like saying a calorie is a calorie. Although it's even more diverse because there's as many different ways of eating and overall health strategies as there are people. Simplifying everything to a vague category is mental laziness. I don't even like the word vegan. As I said I have zero interest in representing the vegan community. I have great distaste towards the vegan crusaders of YouTube (although I enjoy the personality of some). I think cholesterol is awesome. I think saturated fat is awesome. I tell people to eat steak, eggs and cheese. I love watching anti-vegan YouTubers like Primal Edge Health. Been laughing at his videos the last couple of days. You insist on me being a part of the vegan cult. I must be the shittiest member then.

I think vegans have a lot of dogma.
I think the anti-vegan crowd has a lot of dogma.
I'm happily in the middle.

Vins7

I haven't told anybody what to do. Nor have I made arrogant and ignorant claims and assumptions like this:
"If you feel better with vegan-type diets,you just werent healthy at all in your life"

I'm simply sharing my experience and speculations. I think the "Peaty vegan" is a really interesting and unique experiment and that's why I decided to give it a go. Understand this: I WAS AFRAID to try this because I had so strong dogma that veganism is bad for health. I had no moral problems eating beef, eggs and cultured dairy when I decided to do this. I'm endlessly curious and love experimenting. I didn't know if this would work. Should I feel guilty about feeling the best ever with this? I think I have unique perspective (thanks to Peat) that both dogmatic vegans and dogmatic meat eaters dismiss.

A vegan is not the same as a vegan. It's like saying a calorie is a calorie. Although it's even more diverse because there's as many different ways of eating and overall health strategies as there are people. Simplifying everything to a vague category is mental laziness. I don't even like the word vegan. As I said I have zero interest in representing the vegan community. I have great distaste towards the vegan crusaders of YouTube (although I enjoy the personality of some). I think cholesterol is awesome. I think saturated fat is awesome. I tell people to eat steak, eggs and cheese. I love watching anti-vegan YouTubers like Primal Edge Health. Been laughing at his videos the last couple of days. You insist on me being a part of the vegan cult. I must be the shittiest member then.

Your experience is really inspiring for me.
I think that I am now where you were. Digestion issues, constipation, low libido, fatigue...
I have many questions to ask you if you allow me It.

very well.Sounds fine to me.

Your experience is really inspiring for me.
I think that I am now where you were. Digestion issues, constipation, low libido, fatigue...
I have many questions to ask you if you allow me It.
Sure mate hit me up with a private message.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals