Why Does All Animal Protein Kill Libido?

ivy

I find meat nourishing, warming and mood enhancing. Especially roast lamb. But I never mix it with starch, always with boiled greens or raw carrot. Beef with grilled pineapple is also great and easy to digest.

redsun

I eat a fair amount of butter each day. Butter makes me feel good. It's strange but things like potato crisps, legumes and berry fruits give me good libido. Could i have low estrogen? I tend to avoid estrogenic foods but i notice too much avpiding estrogen can affect me negatively down there including some shrinkage. Either way, ive teated this enough times now, no animal protein = libido. Problem is i need protein.

Plants can be pro-libido via the folates and vitamin C for BH4. You could be lacking folic acid which helps raise histamine and make BH4. BH4 is necessary for nitric oxide and dopamine. So when you eat plants you are providing folates helping your low libido out.

Veal liver is a good source of folates and the copper in the liver can be helpful for libido if copper intake has been chronically low but excessive copper would easily become anti-libido because it would start to increase noradrenaline and adrenaline firing up the SNS and giving you lots of energy which will as a downside hide the libido.

I am not surprised you get loss of libido from dairy and eggs, they arent really good for my libido either. But meat, especially red meat is very pro-libido for me. I always try to keep my folate in the diet up otherwise I supplement sometimes if that day was low. I also had a short time of supplementing very high amounts of folic acid to get levels up and it was very helpful in that department.

I would suggest supplementing higher doses of folic acid said 800mcg 2-3x a day for a bit while trying to get lots of vitamin C from fruits and what not. If it helps your libido it can explain whats going on in your case.

Vins7

Plants can be pro-libido via the folates and vitamin C for BH4. You could be lacking folic acid which helps raise histamine and make BH4. BH4 is necessary for nitric oxide and dopamine. So when you eat plants you are providing folates helping your low libido out.

Veal liver is a good source of folates and the copper in the liver can be helpful for libido if copper intake has been chronically low but excessive copper would easily become anti-libido because it would start to increase noradrenaline and adrenaline firing up the SNS and giving you lots of energy which will as a downside hide the libido.

I am not surprised you get loss of libido from dairy and eggs, they arent really good for my libido either. But meat, especially red meat is very pro-libido for me. I always try to keep my folate in the diet up otherwise I supplement sometimes if that day was low. I also had a short time of supplementing very high amounts of folic acid to get levels up and it was very helpful in that department.

I would suggest supplementing higher doses of folic acid said 800mcg 2-3x a day for a bit while trying to get lots of vitamin C from fruits and what not. If it helps your libido it can explain whats going on in your case.
Are the food choices more important than the calories?
I think that eating meats and Carbs from potatoes, fruit, etc. I can't get more than 1500 kcals due to satiety and heavy digestions...

Luann

Meat is a major source of phosphorus in the diet, perhaps you are high in that mineral. Dairy also has a fair amount, although the calcium in it somewhat counters that. I recently ordered calcium acetate since I think it will be more effective than milk to keep phosphorus levels in check.

redsun

Are the food choices more important than the calories?
I think that eating meats and Carbs from potatoes, fruit, etc. I can't get more than 1500 kcals due to satiety and heavy digestions...

In regards to libido? Meats are much higher in arginine and that is a major pro-libido amino acid. Yeh meat is much more satiating and this is usually a good thing unless you are very underweight. More satiation because it is more stimulating and energizing to the brain and feeds the body better. In generally eating more whole foods and more meats over other proteins will lead to reduced food consumption.

Calories are still important and if you have problems keeping weight up you need to take care of that as well.

Potatoes are heavy if I eat them too much I get more bloating while rice is not as bad for me.

Vins7

In regards to libido? Meats are much higher in arginine and that is a major pro-libido amino acid. Yeh meat is much more satiating and this is usually a good thing unless you are very underweight. More satiation because it is more stimulating and energizing to the brain and feeds the body better. In generally eating more whole foods and more meats over other proteins will lead to reduced food consumption.

Calories are still important and if you have problems keeping weight up you need to take care of that as well.

Potatoes are heavy if I eat them too much I get more bloating while rice is not as bad for me.
Well, i'm in really low weight and I'm thinking to base my diet mainly in sugars (juice, fruit, honey, refined sugar) and some starches like rice, potatoes, sweet potatoes, punpking and reducing muscle meat consumption
Reduce my muscle meat intake to 1 serving a day. I am going to do it with the intention of improving my digestion, my appetite and to gain weight.
The problem is that I don't know what foods to base my protein consumption on if I reduce muscle meat ...
What do you think about this strategy to gain weight, improve digestion and have a better metabolism?

My goal is gaining weight and improve my digestión bowel movements.
Indont know if dairy and meat is the most appropriate for this.

Last edited:

redsun

Well, i'm in a really los weight and I'm thinking to base my diet mainly in sugars (juice, fruit, honey, refined sugar) and some starches like rice, potatoes, sweet potatoes, punpking and reducing muscle meat consumption
Reduce my muscle meat intake to 1 serving a day. I am going to do it with the intention of improving my digestion, my appetite and to gain weight.
The problem is that I don't know what foods to base my protein consumption on if I reduce muscle meat ...
What do you think about this strategy to gain weight, improve digestion and have a better metabolism?

My goal is gaining weight and improve my digestión bowel movements.
Indont know if dairy and meat is the most appropriate for this.

You can still keep muscle meat in there as I believe its still good for you to have regardless. Putting on muscle by going to the gym and actually having the energy to do so is more possible with say red meats like steak and burgers. You dont want to just gain weight and be fat, gym would help immensely in gaining weight and the right kind of weight as well.

Best advice I can give to gain weight is to eat high zinc foods like beef burgers which will increase appetite and eat plenty of fat and usually burgers are less satiating then steaks so maybe fatty burgers instead of steaks for you.

Get the normal moderately fat ground beef 80/20 is good maybe even more percent fat just see what you like. Zinc is very pro-weight gain and burgers and cheeses are very high in zinc as well as fat and protein. You will not gain weight when fat is low especially if you have an appetite problem. Make it into actual burgers, with slices of cheese, bread, tomatoe onion etc for flavoring. Very dense in calories.

Eat plenty of tasty carbs and fat (fat from beef burgers is easy, also egg yolks, high fat cheese which also high in zinc like gouda) and perhaps eat lower fiber carbs so stomach doesnt fill so easily. If you just try to do a bunch of carbs you will not gain weight because you are restricting fat macros.

Vins7

You can still keep muscle meat in there as I believe its still good for you to have regardless. Putting on muscle by going to the gym and actually having the energy to do so is more possible with say red meats like steak and burgers. You dont want to just gain weight and be fat, gym would help immensely in gaining weight and the right kind of weight as well.

Best advice I can give to gain weight is to eat high zinc foods like beef burgers which will increase appetite and eat plenty of fat and usually burgers are less satiating then steaks so maybe fatty burgers instead of steaks for you.

Get the normal moderately fat ground beef 80/20 is good maybe even more percent fat just see what you like. Zinc is very pro-weight gain and burgers and cheeses are very high in zinc as well as fat and protein. You will not gain weight when fat is low especially if you have an appetite problem. Make it into actual burgers, with slices of cheese, bread, tomatoe onion etc for flavoring. Very dense in calories.

Eat plenty of tasty carbs and fat (fat from beef burgers is easy, also egg yolks, high fat cheese which also high in zinc like gouda) and perhaps eat lower fiber carbs so stomach doesnt fill so easily. If you just try to do a bunch of carbs you will not gain weight because you are restricting fat macros.
Thank you for your answer. My problems are the gut issues for gaining weight, I can't identify what is affecting me.
Should I remove all grains or all starches? Dairy? Reduce animal pro...? I don't know...
I will incorporate burgers and animal protein but in small portions at each meal, to see if digestion improves, and I will start with the carrot and activated charcoal salad as well. now, im only doing 2 or 3 meals a day due to my bloating and digestive issues.
I've been limiting it for a long time about bread because of the gluten and grain issue that Peat and others are talking about, and now I'm really craving it.
Thanks again.

Ableton

My libido is shooting through the roof since peating, which includes high milk, high egg, medium seafoods, low meat
Before very little animal protein
Try chocolate (zinc and pro dopamine). That stuff gets me going

Last edited:

BehcetsBoy

That's so minor it shouldn't have that much of an impact in the bigger picture, if at all

Nope this a HUGE issue that most people don't realize. I know exactly how OP is feeling and it happens to me until I specifically started to buy meat from a butcher and told them to paper wrap it instead of plastic wrap. And when I buy supermarket meat, if I cut off any edge that touched the plastic wrapping, I feel good.

I was thinking of starting a thread about this issue actually.

Any time i eat animal protein--muscle meat, eggs, dairy etc. it completely kills my libido. And everytime i fast from animal protein my libido returns very strong.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Are you a cryptovegan who tries to dysinfo the RPF to safe the Animals?Half-joking =]

It probably increases the production of serotonin and the production of toxic protein fermentation products from the digestive tract. It's common knowledge that excess protein suppresses testosterone. If you put men on a LPHC diet, their testosterone shoots up remarkably.

Life Sci. 1987 May 4;40(18):1761-8.
Diet-hormone interactions: protein/carbohydrate ratio alters reciprocally the plasma levels of testosterone and cortisol and their respective binding globulins in man.
Anderson KE, Rosner W, Khan MS, New MI, Pang SY, Wissel PS, Kappas A.
Abstract
The aim of this study was to determine if a change in protein/carbohydrate ratio influences plasma steroid hormone concentrations. There is little information about the effects of specific dietary components on steroid hormone metabolism in humans. Testosterone concentrations in seven normal men were consistently higher after ten days on a high carbohydrate diet (468 +/- 34 ng/dl, mean +/- S.E.) than during a high protein diet (371 +/- 23 ng/dl, p less than 0.05) and were accompanied by parallel changes in sex hormone binding globulin (32.5 +/- 2.8 nmol/l vs. 23.4 +/- 1.6 nmol/l respectively, p less than 0.01). By contrast, cortisol concentrations were consistently lower during the high carbohydrate diet than during the high protein diet (7.74 +/- 0.71 micrograms/dl vs. 10.6 +/- 0.4 micrograms/dl respectively, p less than 0.05), and there were parallel changes in corticosteroid binding globulin concentrations (635 +/- 60 nmol/l vs. 754 +/- 31 nmol/l respectively, p less than 0.05). The diets were equal in total calories and fat. These consistent and reciprocal changes suggest that the ratio of protein to carbohydrate in the human diet is an important regulatory factor for steroid hormone plasma levels and for liver-derived hormone binding proteins.

That is secondary adaptation to rescue lean body mass via upregulation of anabolic signal pathing.
Same happens with older men,who can show elevated DHT and also TEST.

Vins7

@chrismturner89
Do you crave animal proteins?

Do you feel cold, irritable and ravenously hungry for carbs after eating them?
It is just what happens to me, I don't crave animal protein and when I eat it I feel irritable, anxious and with the need to eat carbs. And then, after eating these carbs I feel tired and lethargic...
But I have a real problem with animal protein because I feel exactly like you explain.

What he said. After I started to eat beef everyday my strength and muscle gains increased significantly. Try to get local higher quality beef.

It is just what happens to me, I don't crave animal protein and when I eat it I feel irritable, anxious and with the need to eat carbs. And then, after eating these carbs I feel tired and lethargic...
But I have a real problem with animal protein because I feel exactly like you explain.

I read/heard that meat gets sprayed/treated with antimold-material,dont know which,in some Worldregions.Maybe some are allergic to it,but highly likely you have other diet or healthissues.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals