Problems With Animal Proteins

I have a problem digesting animal proteins. It seems that meat sits in my gut a long time. For the last few years I have had pain in the right hand side of my ribcage and it feels like it is coming from my stomach and when I eat something that aggravates it the pain extends to my back. I have tried everything, HCL, enzymes etc. Coke helps a bit but i dont like to drink coke everyday. Nightshades make it so much worse. So does smoking. As do high protein and high fat meals. If I eat red meat for a few days running I get low copper symptoms.

I feel like meat just sits in my gut. I am a rock climber and if I eat any animal protein hours before climbing i get tendon pain when climbing. I tried homemade kefir a year ago for a few weeks and it stopped this pain happening despite continuing to eat meat. It suggests my digestion is awful. People on here warn that kefir is bad but why would it help this? I am going to try it again in the next week to see if It has the same effect.

Cheese produces really bad symptoms without any exercise. Muscle pains in back, legs, shoulders. Almost nervous system like symptoms. Milk I am fine with but it causes other issues. I think that's due to finding good quality jersey milk that isn't full fat. I might try unhomogenised. Gelatin powder is ok but I can't have too much of it otherwise I start to get endorphin symptoms.

I am going to try having more shrimp and white fish as they are almost fat free proteins. In terms of amino acid profiles and nutrient profiles are these ok to eat a lot?

Feel like I really need some suggestions. It's getting me down a bit as it's a chronic issue for 5+ years now. I'm sick of waking up in the morning and feeling that pain in my right hand side.

Sobieski

I can't help your predicament (which I'm sorry to hear) but interestingly I get almost the exact same symptoms as you if I DON'T eat meat. I need at least a few hundred grams a day to not be in pain of some sort. Eggs and dairy don't have the protective effect for some reason.

Have you tried eating a lot of fiber (cellulose from well cooked greens, raw carrots) with animal protein to ease digestive transit?

OP
C
"When A Turk's Bowels Move Less Than Three Times A Day, He Consults A Physician."

Do you suffer from constipation or diarreah ?
According to the link above, the undigested animal protein feed bad bacteria, which could explain all your symptoms.
Maybe you should try some predigested protein like gelatin or free amino acids.
I tried betain hcl oder trypsin and it worked quite well.

I go once or twice a day. If i am stressed then i can miss a day.

I was thinking of trying some BCAAs. I've done the whole supplement thing to death and I'm quite cautious about them now. But I've never tried BCAAs and I guess it won't hurt to give it a go

Kehaar

I have a problem digesting animal proteins. It seems that meat sits in my gut a long time. For the last few years I have had pain in the right hand side of my ribcage and it feels like it is coming from my stomach and when I eat something that aggravates it the pain extends to my back. I have tried everything, HCL, enzymes etc. Coke helps a bit but i dont like to drink coke everyday. Nightshades make it so much worse. So does smoking. As do high protein and high fat meals. If I eat red meat for a few days running I get low copper symptoms.

I feel like meat just sits in my gut. I am a rock climber and if I eat any animal protein hours before climbing i get tendon pain when climbing. I tried homemade kefir a year ago for a few weeks and it stopped this pain happening despite continuing to eat meat. It suggests my digestion is awful. People on here warn that kefir is bad but why would it help this? I am going to try it again in the next week to see if It has the same effect.

Cheese produces really bad symptoms without any exercise. Muscle pains in back, legs, shoulders. Almost nervous system like symptoms. Milk I am fine with but it causes other issues. I think that's due to finding good quality jersey milk that isn't full fat. I might try unhomogenised. Gelatin powder is ok but I can't have too much of it otherwise I start to get endorphin symptoms.

I am going to try having more shrimp and white fish as they are almost fat free proteins. In terms of amino acid profiles and nutrient profiles are these ok to eat a lot?

Feel like I really need some suggestions. It's getting me down a bit as it's a chronic issue for 5+ years now. I'm sick of waking up in the morning and feeling that pain in my right hand side.
I have similar symptoms as you - years of trouble digesting meat and cheese, and feeling even worse with nightshades, but I don't have pain in my right side. I have gotten a lot better with large doses of digestive enzymes and betaine HCl, restricting starches, and chewing food a lot. But, I don't like being dependent on so many pills with meals. I ordered Kang's amino acid blend to see if that might help. While the digestive enzymes seem to treat the symptoms, I'm hoping the amino acids might help my gut to heal, and help a possible protein deficiency. On the other hand, I don't do well with gelatin (causes bloating), so I'm concerned that the aminos could cause trouble. I decided it was worth trying and I'm looking forward to their arrival.
What is your thyroid function like? In my case, I have poor thyroid function, and I assume that contributed to my digestive woes. Maybe the kefir helps your stomach acidity? It seems like various traditional cultures had digestion aids for heavy meals. I hope you find some relief, and I'll be interested to know what works for you.