Low tryptophan cuts of meat

tommyg130

Hi,

So when I reduce red meat and eat more milk and cheese I feel a bit less adrenaline and less irritable. Lower tryptophan and iron id assume? However my body composition suffers without ruminant animal protein and eggs.

I simply can’t get enough protein with milk and cheese I’m 25 year old active 200lb male.. ik I can eat meat and add gelatin or bcaas after , but which cuts of red meat themselves have lower trytophan ? I don’t rly love supplementing and I need to eat red meat daily .

Could 4-6oz shrimp daily as a protein source be an idea as well? Thank you for any thoughts

Lollipop2

Definitely shrimp, crab, lobster, oysters, white fish, some eggs, beef, bison, maybe lamb (I do not like the flavor). How about ground beef? When they grind it at WFM, I noticed after cooking it, the ground had some gelatin as it cooled. I mostly do ground beef and an occasional steak. I found a beef sausage at WFM that is good and doesn’t use pork casing.

I found a local pastured quicken that is not supplemented with grains rather with vegetables from their farm, they eat bugs in the fields, and table scraps. They do regenerative farming. Maybe some place exists near you?

Lots of options!! Happy eating :):

Edit: one thought, I always drink milk when I have meats to help reduce the tryptophan and phosphorus effect and increase the calcium balance. Works great and is very filling.

Last edited:
OP
T

tommyg130

Definitely shrimp, crab, lobster, white fish, some eggs, beef, bison. How about ground beef? When they grind it at WFM, I noticed after cooking it, the ground had some gelatin as it cooled. I mostly do ground beef. I found a beef sausage at WFM that is good and doesn’t use pork casing.

I found a local pastured quicken that is not supplemented with grains rather with vegetables from their farm, they eat bugs in the fields, and table scraps. They do regenerative farming. Maybe some olive that exists?

Gotcha , thanks for the input !I mostly do ground beef too! I love it .. but I’m putting that in the red meat category obviously .. my butcher gets great grass fed beef and I love it, but I would assume it has good amount of trytophan which I want to somewhat limit.. do you know what type of beef your ground meat is that is gelatinous? Bc I don’t think mine is

SamYo123

Definitely shrimp, crab, lobster, oysters, white fish, some eggs, beef, bison, maybe lamb (I do not like the flavor). How about ground beef? When they grind it at WFM, I noticed after cooking it, the ground had some gelatin as it cooled. I mostly do ground beef and an occasional steak. I found a beef sausage at WFM that is good and doesn’t use pork casing.

I found a local pastured quicken that is not supplemented with grains rather with vegetables from their farm, they eat bugs in the fields, and table scraps. They do regenerative farming. Maybe some place exists near you?

Edit: one thought, I always drink milk when I have meats to help reduce the tryptophan and phosphorus effect and increase the calcium balance. Works great and is very filling.
How many carbs you eating with that amount of protien?

Lollipop2

Gotcha , thanks for the input !I mostly do ground beef too! I love it .. but I’m putting that in the red meat category obviously .. my butcher gets great grass fed beef and I love it, but I would assume it has good amount of trytophan which I want to somewhat limit.. do you know what type of beef your ground meat is that is gelatinous? Bc I don’t think mine is
They grind the chuck.

OP
T

tommyg130

They grind the chuck.
I love my raw milk too.. I too myself have milk after meat or raw cheese..

I eat about 400-500g carbs daily and 200 protein almost.. lots honey syrup oj rice potatoes.. calories like 4k on average

Lollipop2

Oh that’s all.? I’m eating a lb of beef daily plus a couple eggs . 3oz cheese and 32oz milk
I bet but you are a 25 year old guy!! I get about 100gms of protein a day through a variety of sources. For my activity level, etc, I get about 2000 - 2200 calories a day. My weight is steady, healthy, BMI 25 - 26. It seems I found my sweet spot.

OP
T

tommyg130

Hahaha yes! I wasn’t saying “that’s it “ with any negative connotation. I’m looking for ways to tone down the 1lb of meat . After all this convo I’ll prob add some more shrimp, milk, and gelatin cuts of meat instead of muscle meat always

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals