I Crave Little Animal Protein. Strange

andrei

Hello everybody! Hope you are all well.

I have noticed a change in my cravings in the past month or so. I eat everything to appetite, within our guidelines here.
Since it is summer now, I eat mostly fruits. They are local and good. However, my appetite for animal meat and dairy has decreased so much.
I eat around 2 kg of grapes, some apples and bananas, a little bread and around 50 grams worth of animal protein (liver, greek yogurt) per day. I think my average calorie intake is around 2500 per day, and almost no fat.
My weight is 79 kg and I only do bodyweight training here and there. I manage to maintain my weight and gain muscle. I supplement 1.5 grams of aspirin daily, and 1 gram of glycine.
When I force more protein, I feel worse. My mood gets worse.
A couple of months ago I was eating around 150 grams of animal protein per day. This change is so drastic..What possible causes can be?

X3CyO

I have heard that people who have impaired digestion tend to move towards dietary choices without animal products, and resume once that heals up.

Otherwise, so long as you're above 55 grams you should be okay. Peat does recommend around 100grams. Maybe you'll crave more as you work on more advanced training.

fradon

Hello everybody! Hope you are all well.

I have noticed a change in my cravings in the past month or so. I eat everything to appetite, within our guidelines here.
Since it is summer now, I eat mostly fruits. They are local and good. However, my appetite for animal meat and dairy has decreased so much.
I eat around 2 kg of grapes, some apples and bananas, a little bread and around 50 grams worth of animal protein (liver, greek yogurt) per day. I think my average calorie intake is around 2500 per day, and almost no fat.
My weight is 79 kg and I only do bodyweight training here and there. I manage to maintain my weight and gain muscle. I supplement 1.5 grams of aspirin daily, and 1 gram of glycine.
When I force more protein, I feel worse. My mood gets worse.
A couple of months ago I was eating around 150 grams of animal protein per day. This change is so drastic..What possible causes can be?

i would say its the weather. protein is harder to digest and requries more energy. Sugar/fruit is easy to digest espeicaly in hot weather where the body is will use sugar to lower cortisol. just going out in hot weather can be a stress factor and can raiese cortisol and cortisol increaes the hunger for sugar.

Sobieski

Monitor your well being and go from there, it may be that at some point you may add more animal protein to your diet out of necessity and feel good doing this. Then again maybe not. I myself have no desire or instinct to eat animal protein, (it's all carbs and saturated fat for me) however for me it's probably one of the most easiest digest food sources and without it my energy and well being seriously suffer after a short while.

biffbelvin

i would say its the weather. protein is harder to digest and requries more energy. Sugar/fruit is easy to digest espeicaly in hot weather where the body is will use sugar to lower cortisol. just going out in hot weather can be a stress factor and can raiese cortisol and cortisol increaes the hunger for sugar.

How hot are we talking? I only ask because "going out in hot weather can be a stress factor", contradicts my own experience, or at the very least an exaggeration. I've mostly lived in temperate climates though.

One thing I would agree on however is that when in hotter climates i am much more content eating lower protein and less cooked (hot) foods. I assumed this was down to the warming effect of hot food/protein being unnecessary (or uncomfortable in some cases).

fradon

How hot are we talking? I only ask because "going out in hot weather can be a stress factor", contradicts my own experience, or at the very least an exaggeration. I've mostly lived in temperate climates though.

One thing I would agree on however is that when in hotter climates i am much more content eating lower protein and less cooked (hot) foods. I assumed this was down to the warming effect of hot food/protein being unnecessary (or uncomfortable in some cases).

florida 100F with 70 humidity this hot weather decreases oxygen intake making it harder to digest fats and protein, espeically fat since it requires twice as much oxygen than glucose.

most hot climates have a lot of tropical fruits pineapples, mango, papaya, dates, and other very sweet fruits because they provide immediate energy.