White Sugar For Calories

DaveFoster

I trying to add calories to my diet, and I want to avoid starch. White sugar has been the obvious choice.

Any experiences with getting a large chunk of calories from white sugar? Getting more calories from OJ and fruit is expensive. I know Such_Saturation has been doing this a while. Any others?

Jayfish

If you can't support the metabolic boost it will give then you will be worse off than if you didn't add it in the first place.

tara

A bit of refined sucrose seems OK for me, but I don't think it serves me well as a major source of calories. I notice a difference between sucrose devoid of minerals compared with the cheapest fruit juice, in terms of how I feel after it.

Stryker

IMO sugar sucks without potassium...

well too much at once anyway

great idea if your adding it to milk

a few tablespoons of strawberry nesquick in half a litre of light milk is my staple filler meal

but i find if i consume the equivelent amount of sugar in something devoid of nutrients like a bag of gummie bears it makes me feel like ***t

Makrosky

Dave, I think it can be good to fill small gaps in calorie count for some days you can't reach it. But as a long term routine I think is going to be bad because :

- Lack of potassium (kind of insulin surrogate according to Peat)
- Lack of minerals and vitamins to support it. It has been discussed before in the forum.

I'm not talking about putting a couple of tsp on coffee or milk. I'm tlaking about taking big ammounts.

ste199

Ray says that pure White sugar could be used as supplemen.
Im my Experience there is no problem as long as you balance it with nutrient dense food(liver,oyster,etc)
I ate almost 80g of pure White sugar every day and i have no problem.Anyway honey will be better

Luann

a few tablespoons of strawberry nesquick in half a litre of light milk is my staple filler meal

Ditto, although not for a meal, a snack maybe]

For me it is not the sugar making me feel awful after a sugar meal, it's the food dye EVERY single time. Be it citrus # 40, caramel color, whatever it is, food dye quickly gives me bladder problems but white sugar seems ok in large amounts.

I trying to add calories to my diet, and I want to avoid starch. White sugar has been the obvious choice.

Any experiences with getting a large chunk of calories from white sugar? Getting more calories from OJ and fruit is expensive. I know Such_Saturation has been doing this a while. Any others?

What the hell? I started because you said you were doing it.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

@Such_Saturation I was doing it, but that was with all the other supplements. including minerals, biotin, niacinamide, and thiamine for glucose support.

Didn't you say you were doing 9000 calories daily in 'roid rage'? o_O
The was before the great crash and burn.

A bit of refined sucrose seems OK for me, but I don't think it serves me well as a major source of calories. I notice a difference between sucrose devoid of minerals compared with the cheapest fruit juice, in terms of how I feel after it.

well too much at once anyway

great idea if your adding it to milk

but i find if i consume the equivelent amount of sugar in something devoid of nutrients like a bag of gummie bears it makes me feel like ***t

Dave, I think it can be good to fill small gaps in calorie count for some days you can't reach it. But as a long term routine I think is going to be bad because :

- Lack of potassium (kind of insulin surrogate according to Peat)
- Lack of minerals and vitamins to support it. It has been discussed before in the forum.

I'm not talking about putting a couple of tsp on coffee or milk. I'm tlaking about taking big ammounts.

Ray says that pure White sugar could be used as supplemen.
Im my Experience there is no problem as long as you balance it with nutrient dense food(liver,oyster,etc)
I ate almost 80g of pure White sugar every day and i have no problem.Anyway honey will be better

Ditto, although not for a meal, a snack maybe]

For me it is not the sugar making me feel awful after a sugar meal, it's the food dye EVERY single time. Be it citrus # 40, caramel color, whatever it is, food dye quickly gives me bladder problems but white sugar seems ok in large amounts.
So what do you guys use to bolster calories? Potatoes?

tara

In addition to fruit, juice, some commercial sweets (snacks not major fuel source), I'm recently eating more rice and potatoes and other root veges from time to time, which I'm pretty sure are doing me more good than harm - that is I feel better and have more energy. (And home-made bread, but I'm not sure about the physiological good:harm ratio for this, and don't necessarily recommend it).

Previously I was eating less starch, and more fruit juice, dried fruit, and more commercial sweets and chocolate (but not as my major carb/fuel source).

ETA: If milk agreed with me, I'd be drinking a fair bit of that.

Last edited:

Jayfish

Eat more saturated fat and protein. More meat, cheese, milk, eggs. If you are eating a lot of those foods then I see no reason to not add a good amount of sucrose on top.

Demyze

@Such_Saturation I was doing it, but that was with all the other supplements. including minerals, biotin, niacinamide, and thiamine for glucose support.

The was before the great crash and burn.

I think from what I've tried and read about so far you can consume a lot of white sugar but I think you need to look at magnesium and B3.

Recently I've been having to eat mostly coke and cheese all day. It was fine at first but I've been getting really bad muscle cramps and get angry really easily.

I remember Peat saying when he scaled back his coffee consumption he started to notice a lot of muscle cramping and twitching. He also mentioned in an interview I was listening to earlier that muscle spasms are a release of histamine(may not be exactly what he said)

Also noticed that B3 is one of the only supplements Peat takes consistently. (I thought I read this in the email depository, someone plz correct if wrong)

I've noticed that Danny Roddy consumes a lot of white sugar- but he also consumes a lot of coffee. I think the addition of sugar with coffee makes a kind of Psuedo-Fruit ;at least in my mind.

I've read you do bad with coffee but if you read a lot of Peat's stuff on diet the centrality of Magnisum really stands out. It's interesting the the only reason he advocated using vegetables is to make the magnesium broth supplement.

I think Haidut also posted that even Decaff coffee has a lot of the benefits of coffee usually ascribed to caffeine and would have the magnesium.

So IMO/exp if you increase white sugar make sure your getting coffee or another mag source on the reg

You get muscle twitching and cramps even quitting caffeine, it isn't the magnesium.

Demyze

tara

you can consume a lot of white sugar but I think you need to look at magnesium and B3.
And I'm guessing potassium, and maybe other more minor nutrients.

Fractality

I would make the sugar into a simple syrup and add to juices; a simple and cheap way to increase calories. My girlfriend is Thai and works at a Thai restaurant so last weekend I tried some of their juice/tea with their simple sugar syrup and it was a revelation. She is going to show me how to make it (I'm sure it's easy) and then I'll share with the forum.

Richiebogie

Here in Australia dates are cheap at $4 a kilogram. They are high in sugar and seem quite nourishing.

Stryker

yeah potato is definately my favorite starch , the only con with potato in my view is the preparation :P

but dont get me wrong is still have ALOT of sugar , 300g would be a normal day.. but in my experience i needed to find the right balance between sugar and nutrients

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals