Coconut flour?/Bulking and need quick calories

akgrrrl

Sounds beyond amazing, now only to find Masa
1618776025501.png

jerry.j

Preciate it, I actually stopped sweet potatoes because i think it was anti thyroid because of the high beta carotene, had a goitrogenic feel to it
The japanese (purple skinned, light flesh) sweet potatoes have ~3.5% of the beta-carotene of garnet sweet potatoes.

jerry.j

I’ve been there before! I’m no expert but I’ve researched down rabbit holes :)
The Oxalates in chocolate and yams aren’t an issue unless you’re on antibiotics- those block your body from breaking down oxalates.
Are Japanese sweet potatoes affordable near you? Bake 400 for an hour then top w/ butter or ghee, honey, cinnamon and salt. You can bake up to 3 at a time, you’ll have delicious Japanese sweet potatoes for days. Plus, when cooled down, they’ll turn into RS. I hope this helps you!
Some people have extreme sensitivities to oxalates. It's definitely not only a concern if you're currently using antibiotics. There are multiple oxalate elimination groups online. Check out Sally Norton and her story.

Juandelacruz

Here is a common yet delicious way to have masa. Make coffee. Using that as a base, add cinnamon, sugar, cocoa nibs or chocolate, a spoon of coconut oil or creamed coconut makes this really delicious, and a good amount of milk.Then put coupla big spoons of masa in a cup of water stiring to dissolve. Add this to the mixture stirring, some salt, and sweeten to taste.Bring to bubbling.It will get thick as the masa cooks, making a sweet, chocolatey gruel perfect for early mornings.
Sounds very hardy! Probably a great breakfast for those cold winter mornings. I'm gonna have to buy some masa harina next time I go to the local Mexican market.

akgrrrl

Sounds very hardy! Probably a great breakfast for those cold winter mornings. I'm gonna have to buy some masa harina next time I go to the local Mexican market.
Yes I am pretty sure you mean "hearty", and thats a perfect word to describe this. In travels throughout Mexico, and in total immersion with peasant families, this rich gruel is what the men have for breakfast, maybe with a piece of sweet bread, before leaving for a workday. And yes, you are right, it is GREAT on a cold morning! The creamed coconut(not to be confused with coconut cream, 2 different things...) or even a tsp of oil makes it so satisfying with dark cocoa.

Juandelacruz

Yes I am pretty sure you mean "hearty", and thats a perfect word to describe this. In travels throughout Mexico, and in total immersion with peasant families, this rich gruel is what the men have for breakfast, maybe with a piece of sweet bread, before leaving for a workday. And yes, you are right, it is GREAT on a cold morning! The creamed coconut(not to be confused with coconut cream, 2 different things...) or even a tsp of oil makes it so satisfying with dark cocoa.
akgrrrl, "hearty" is the correct word. You are right indeed! Thanks for mentioning creamed coconut. I've never heard of it before.

Logan-

akgrrrl

Why would you try to bulk on empty processed starch. Buy some Einkorn and make crepes or something. Learn to bake something simple and real jeez

Logan-

Why would you try to bulk on empty processed starch. Buy some Einkorn and make crepes or something. Learn to bake something simple and real jeez
Take your empty comments and bitchy attitude elsewhere.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals