White Sugar For Calories

But the blood glucose remains completely stable when the insulin is due to a protein meal (except in diabetes, when it elevates abnormally). Not all increases in insulin are ominous. If you do want to minimise insulin, no way you should drink milk or casein, though...

what do you mean in diabetes it elevates abnormally? if you eat protein in diabetes, it elevates blood sugar levels? i think blood glucose would drop when you eat protein due to insulin from the protein.. that's why ray says you need to eat sugar with protein or else it will drop too low and the cortisol will be released.

Jayfish

what do you mean in diabetes it elevates abnormally? if you eat protein in diabetes, it elevates blood sugar levels? i think blood glucose would drop when you eat protein due to insulin from the protein.. that's why ray says you need to eat sugar with protein or else it will drop too low and the cortisol will be released.

Yep, exactly. Protein will spike insulin but provides none of the glycogen so your body would release cortisol to start the process of gluconeogenesis, producing glycogen from non carbohydrate sources.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

What about getting calories from dried fruit? You can get a lot of calories via sugars in the large boxes they sell at Costco.
This is what I've been doing. Dates. They upset my gut, though. Everything upsets my gut.

Ray has told me that at times he drinks up to 16-18 cokes a day. He also said he makes Jello with gelatin, lime juice and 2 cups of sugar.

So he sometimes consumes up to 200 oz of coca cola? You sure about that lol?

D

Derek

So he sometimes consumes up to 200 oz of coca cola? You sure about that lol?

He's also experimentally consumed up to 50 cups of coffee a day and 1.5 gallons of milk; so 16 cokes is really not that far fetched when it comes to Peat. When you have an extremely fast metabolism it's much easier to consume large amounts of fluid.

Last edited by a moderator:

jyb

Blood sugar doesn't always change at all when eating protein, cells do not respond in the same way to insulin from a protein meal. It could even rise in diabetes, cf Hyperlipid: Insulin glucagon and protein I think that is well known otherwise because one mainstream recommendation I've seen to keep blood sugar not too high (to live without the need for insulin injections) is avoid very high amounts of proteins.

Last edited:

EIRE24

Definitely. If you're trying to keep insulin in check, drop your protein. IMO Protein should be the lowest percentage of macros in almost everyone.

I would think fat should be? Not saying you are wrong I'm meaning, I thought fat would be the lowest naturally?

J

James IV

I would think fat should be? Not saying you are wrong I'm meaning, I thought fat would be the lowest naturally?

I realize that statement was a bit too blanket in nature. Please ignore it and trust your own experiences.

I would delete it, but I cannot edit it at this point.

X3CyO

If you wanna add sugar, ive been working my way up to 4-5 cups. This of course coupled with the fact that I get more than enough vitamins minerals sodium potassium through a multivitamin powder I mix and regular food. I interpreted something a while back from rays work that due to the stronger co2 levels, less minerals are needed in the diet due to more efficient use, but ill need to go look for the source before people just take my word for it.

I mix a drink and find that the gelatin cuts the sweetness down and can pound it in around 30 sec. Gotta reccommend water after though since the amount of sugar consumed can cause aspirin like stomach pain due to not completely dissolved sugar crystals/ the drying effect.

The recipe is 1 redbull can, two cups sugar, two knox gelatin packs, and fill the rest of the shaker with water (or juice if youre crazy). The gelatin. Not sure how, but it turns the whole thing into a syrup instead of leaving tons of sugar just sitting on the bottom of the shaker.
30 sec, 1500 calories, 16g peat protein.
Take in some caffiene and a dissolved aspirin prior if you want all that to be burned instead of stored.

Yes its crazy. Yes its something you build up to. No I dont reccomend everyone try it. Works for me? Yes.

Last edited:
OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

If you wanna add sugar, ive been working my way up to 4-5 cups. This of course coupled with the fact that I get more than enough vitamins minerals sodium potassium through a multivitamin powder I mix and regular food. I interpreted something a while back from rays work that due to the stronger co2 levels, less minerals are needed in the diet due to more efficient use, but ill need to go look for the source before people just take my word for it.

I mix a drink and find that the gelatin cuts the sweetness down and can pound it in around 30 sec. Gotta reccommend water after though since the amount of sugar consumed can cause aspirin like stomach pain due to not completely dissolved sugar crystals/ the drying effect.

The recipe is 1 redbull can, two cups sugar, two knox gelatin packs, and fill the rest of the shaker with water (or juice if youre crazy). The gelatin. Not sure how, but it turns the whole thing into a syrup instead of leaving tons of sugar just sitting on the bottom of the shaker.
30 sec, 1500 calories, 16g peat protein.
Take in some caffiene and a dissolved aspirin prior if you want all that to be burned instead of stored.

Yes its crazy. Yes its something you build up to. No I dont reccomend everyone try it. Works for me? Yes.
I'm doing 4-5 cups of white sugar myself; what multivitamin powder do you use?

X3CyO

Bioactive vitamin mineral powder from big bear nutriceuticals primarily.

You find somethin better?

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Bioactive vitamin mineral powder from big bear nutriceuticals primarily.

You find somethin better?
Magnesium and manganese are harder to get in abundance with the Peat selection of foods (if you don't eat potatoes, mussels, or sufficient grapes or pineapple for the latter). Magnesium water and regular pineapple juice would be a good idea.

I posted a comparison between equal calories of dates and OJ and found the latter twice as nutritious, so one could feasibly eat approximately their calories from OJ added as white sugar without any major problems.

Folate is something to watch out for as well; it's easy to miss if one does not drink enough OJ or eat liver.

The bioactive mineral powder has too many carotenes (vitamin A), as well as vitamin C (ascorbic acid), the latter of which often triggers allergies.

A healthy cell maximizes the turnover of potassium, rather than sodium. With strong thyroid function, sodium becomes less important with an emphasis placed upon potassium; magnesium becomes important initially, but the cell requires abundant potassium and calcium.

X3CyO

Magnesium and manganese are harder to get in abundance with the Peat selection of foods (if you don't eat potatoes, mussels, or sufficient grapes or pineapple for the latter). Magnesium water and regular pineapple juice would be a good idea.

I posted a comparison between equal calories of dates and OJ and found the latter twice as nutritious, so one could feasibly eat approximately their calories from OJ added as white sugar without any major problems.

Folate is something to watch out for as well; it's easy to miss if one does not drink enough OJ or eat liver.

The bioactive mineral powder has too many carotenes (vitamin A), as well as vitamin C (ascorbic acid), the latter of which often triggers allergies.

A healthy cell maximizes the turnover of potassium, rather than sodium. With strong thyroid function, sodium becomes less important with an emphasis placed upon potassium; magnesium becomes important initially, but the cell requires abundant potassium and calcium.

Agreed. Never took the whole dosage at once as to avoid an "overdose" of b vitamins too.
Definitely the best I could find at the time for the price in comparison to most multis.

Didn't know that last bit though; I was under the impression that extracellular sodium was deemed more valuable since its more easily excreted from the cell compared to potassium in cases of excess.

OJ FTW

Last edited:

schultz

Holy f$#% that's like 4,000 calories of sugar! How does it feel? A friend of mine was eating a cup or 2 a day but he also had liver everyday for nutrients. I imagine the choline in the liver would help prevent NAFLD as well.

J

James IV

Holy f$#% that's like 4,000 calories of sugar! How does it feel? A friend of mine was eating a cup or 2 a day but he also had liver everyday for nutrients. I imagine the choline in the liver would help prevent NAFLD as well.

My theory is that the more pure an energy source, the less nutrition is required to process and utilize it. It seems a portion of the nutritional and energy value of food is used to process the toxins that come with that food, and other food as well. Pure sugar would therefore require little nutrition to utilize by itself.
I believe this is the reason most folks on Kempners Rice diet didn't developed nutritional deficiencies even after significant time on the diet.
Though, I'm only theorizing.

schultz

My theory is that the more pure an energy source, the less nutrition is required to process and utilize it. It seems a portion of the nutritional and energy value of food is used to process the toxins that come with that food, and other food as well. Pure sugar would therefore require little nutrition to utilize by itself.
I believe this is the reason most folks on Kempners Rice diet didn't developed nutritional deficiencies even after significant time on the diet.
Though, I'm only theorizing.

That's very interesting James! I've never looked at it from that perspective.