I Am Having Trouble Eating 3000 Cals A Day. Any Advice?

LukeL

32 yr old Male

I have been dealing with very low energy/low libido/hair loss for awhile now and I started 'peating' 3 and half months ago.

I recently got serious about using Cronometer and I found out I have been under eating...I haven't been hitting 2000 calories most days.

I feel like I have to consume food ALL day to hit 3000 calories. I am using white sugar as supplement to all the other 'peaty' foods to increase my calorie intake - my main source of food is milk and oj (been having problems with digestion because of milk)

Vitamins I take daily = A, D, E, K Aspirin and Niacinamide - and Cypro at night

Anyway, I'm still shedding hair and noticeably lethargic. (I am aware the Cypro can cause drowsiness but I have experimented with not taking it and my symptoms are the same)

Any thoughts? I would greatly appreciate it.

Mufasa

Suggestion, eat 6 meals a day, every 2 and half hour, first meal immediately after waking up.

Each meal having around 500 calories, for example, 75 g carb, 25 gram protein, 10 gram fat.

Pointless

Eat solid food until full, and then drink juice or milk until you're full with that. Drink calorie-dense liquids throughout the day to supplement.

Also, saturated fat can be a good source of calories if you don't overdo it.

jyb

I feel like I have to consume food ALL day to hit 3000 calories. I am using white sugar as supplement to all the other 'peaty' foods to increase my calorie intake - my main source of food is milk and oj (been having problems with digestion because of milk)

If you eat fat, it takes less than 15 minutes to reach 3000kcal in a comfortable manner. Provided you have access to double cream and a little bit of flavouring as vanilla or sugar.

M

marikay

I also have trouble getting up enough of an appetite to get enough calories. Refined coconut oil ( a teaspoon warmed up and chased with OJ) helps increase appetite. And while you may be too young for DHEA, I have found that just a tiny bit, 3 to 5 mgs, gives me a big boost in appetite. Good luck.

M

marikay

If you eat fat, it takes less than 15 minutes to reach 3000kcal in a comfortable manner. Provided you have access to double cream and a little bit of flavouring as vanilla or sugar.

How do you find double cream without the carrageenen?

M

marikay

I like in the Europe. carrageenen doesn't exist in double cream I know.

Ahh, I thought that might be the case. Wish there was double cream here in U.S. that was clean...

jyb

Ahh, I thought that might be the case. Wish there was double cream here in U.S. that was clean...

In the US you're doubly screwed because the added ingredients (carrageenen in cream? absolutely insane) and the cows are not healthy. Not a good idea to drink milk or cream from those cows.

A.R

Have you tried supplementing with zinc? Can help with appetite I've seen

raypeatclips

Are you hungry? Perhaps eating when you are not hungry is counterintuative. This is my recent thoughts after hearing Peat say people feel the need to eat for nutrients rather than hunger, and it can be stressful to the intestine.

I am not suggesting to under eat, however. My current idea is to increase the things which make me hungry, such as red light and caffeine.

chrismeyers

There is. Organic valley heavy whipping cream. But you have to get the HTST version and not the UHT version. They make both. You can use the organic valley store locator to pick the right one and search local stores.

M

marikay

There is. Organic valley heavy whipping cream. But you have to get the HTST version and not the UHT version. They make both. You can use the organic valley store locator to pick the right one and search local stores.

Thanks. I'll look for it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals