Using white sugar to hit my carbs/ Thiamine supplementation?

AndrogenicJB

Hi, I am 17 and getting into understanding the Peat way of eating. I have to consume 300+ grams of carbs a day as I am bodybuilding and sometimes it is not an easy feat without starch. It can also get expensive too. I have been eating fruit, fruit juices and sweet potatoes to hit my carbs so far but I think I may be developing problems toward starch. Is it ok if I use white sugar/dextrose to help hit my carbs as long as I eat an oz to 1.5oz's of beef liver a day. I heard someone say that using sugar increases your need for more nutrients, hence the beef liver suggestion. I have also heard it can deplete thiamine. If so how should i supplement thiamine? What type of thiamine and what dosage/ Many thanks.

I avoid white sugar because in the US it is sprayed with Glysophate. Organic sugar is grown on adjacent fields that have been sprayed.

Razvan

Yes, but avoid pufa as much as possible. Also by not eating starch you will need more saturated fat because sugar is burnt more rapidly.

OP
A

AndrogenicJB

Yes, but avoid pufa as much as possible. Also by not eating starch you will need more saturated fat because sugar is burnt more rapidly.
which saturated fat source do you find is the most androgenic? Butter? Tallow? Cocoa?

Peater

I heard someone say that using sugar increases your need for more nutrients, hence the beef liver suggestion. I have also heard it can deplete thiamine. If so how should i supplement thiamine? What type of thiamine and what dosage/ Many thanks.

Now that's how you 'Peat' properly. (From an approach point of view, anyway) Rather than just guzzling coke and wondering why you feel worse, you've thought about it sensibly.

Also in the UK, there's a few of us on here.

OP
A

AndrogenicJB

Now that's how you 'Peat' properly. (From an approach point of view, anyway) Rather than just guzzling coke and wondering why you feel worse, you've thought about it sensibly.

Good to see another from the uk. Do you think its okay to drink low fat milk from shops like tesco/sainsbury's etc? Some people say milk being pasteurized is fine others disagree.

Peater

Good to see another from the uk. Do you think its okay to drink low fat milk from shops like tesco/sainsbury's etc? Some people say milk being pasteurized is fine others disagree.

I hate it so don't drink it. :mrgreen: Some Waitrose do an amazing unhomogenised full fat Jersey milk though

Sefton10

The Graham's Dairy brand - organic and unhomogenised is the best I've come across unless going direct to a farm. Can get it in Sainsbury's, semi-skimmed or whole.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals