Safe Carbs?

It seems like the only carbs that people feel are safe around here are OJ, milk, sugar and fruit? Is that so?

I personally only really like fruit from that list. However I love rice and potatoes.. and pretty much all of the carbs that are also "starches".

As somebody who probably needs to eat more calories, but who doesn't really like milk, OJ, or sugar... Can you offer suggestions?

I'm open to eating way more fruit. Like maybe I should be eating bags of oranges every week? Or are any "starches" considered good? (White rice, brown rice, potatoes, yams... I like em all).

Trying to find a diet that works for me, but that also supports my thyroid and adrenals.

D

Deleted member 5487

It seems like the only carbs that people feel are safe around here are OJ, milk, sugar and fruit? Is that so?

I personally only really like fruit from that list. However I love rice and potatoes.. and pretty much all of the carbs that are also "starches".

As somebody who probably needs to eat more calories, but who doesn't really like milk, OJ, or sugar... Can you offer suggestions?

I'm open to eating way more fruit. Like maybe I should be eating bags of oranges every week? Or are any "starches" considered good? (White rice, brown rice, potatoes, yams... I like em all).

Trying to find a diet that works for me, but that also supports my thyroid and adrenals.

Frozen Mango Costco and Dried Apricots(unsulfured) Whole foods are my favorite. Dates taste great but don't have enough nutrition.

Potatos(potassium/nutrients) are much better than rice(straight glucose), rice is much better Grains(Glucose, bad protein, insoulable fibers, phosphorus, acidic).

Big glucose loads like starchs are best left to post exercise. If you healthy it will go glycogen, the rest will be burned, if your not healthy you will have blood sugar swings and high blood glucose will wreck shop.

OP
wealthofwisdom
Frozen Mango Costco and Dried Apricots(unsulfured) Whole foods are my favorite. Dates taste great but don't have enough nutrition.

Potatos(potassium/nutrients) are much better than rice(straight glucose), rice is much better Grains(Glucose, bad protein, insoulable fibers, phosphorus, acidic).

Big glucose loads like starchs are best left to post exercise. If you healthy it will go glycogen, the rest will be burned, if your not healthy you will have blood sugar swings and high blood glucose will wreck shop.

Thanks. I am quite healthy in all markers except for bouts of fatigue sometimes, and currently hair shedding. I don't every really "load" anything, but I do like to eat meals with everything in them. Ie: rice pasta with spaghetti sauce and meatballs and salad. I like having some of everything. And I prefer solid food over liquids (like milk and OJ).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals