Ray himself consumes 1600 calories of sugar per day, with 0 white sugar

Jennifer

Am very curious if anyone eating this way has had blood work done
Yes, frequently—every 1–3 months for over a decade now. My numbers look their best on a low-fat fruitarian diet and now a lacto-fruit diet (400+ g of carbs from skimmed goat milk, melon and grape juices, sukkari dates, freeze-dried mango, dragon fruit and custard apple, honey and Thai coconut water) and their worst on a traditional vegetarian diet abundant in grains and legumes and heavy meat diets (WAPF and both raw and cooked dairy-free carnivore).

Dobbler

400 is definitely on higher side, thou possible with little bit of effort. For me, 300g goes down easily even with using whole fruits, but 400g would require some extra invention like sugared milk in morning and evening ..

OP
G

gaze

I think @jzone56 brings up a good point as well, the price is can be quite hefty on a fruit based diet. especially if someone's trying to feed a family of 5 or something. buying that much fruit or fruit juice to provide sufficient calories for all the kids and parents takes a lot of money. not to mention it's probably unclear whether a 100% starch free diet is even safe or desirable for children. Rays been asked about what to feed kids and he said the same as he always does, fruit, milk, eggs, dairy, meats, so he probably thinks it'd be fine to do so, if you can afford it that is

Last edited:

Tarmander

All I can see when I read this are the youtube fruitarians out in the sun talking about the power of raaaaw maaan

OP
G

gaze

Us active & younger folks easily need to eat 400-500g of carbs / day. I personally don't find it difficult at all.
4-500 is easy. 4-500 from Milk and OJ alone is harder, which is what peat does. although he does use OJ concentrate, so he may be getting that amount with much less liquid. It can be done with liquid too, but its easier done by grazing and snacking which some dont like or have time to do.

How much niacinamide is needed to inhibit FAO? Does ray say this in any video?

Centsmom

Yes, frequently—every 1–3 months for over a decade now. My numbers look their best on a low-fat fruitarian diet and now a lacto-fruit diet (400+ g of carbs from skimmed goat milk, melon and grape juices, sukkari dates, freeze-dried mango, dragon fruit and custard apple, honey and Thai coconut water) and their worst on a traditional vegetarian diet abundant in grains and legumes and heavy meat diets (WAPF and both raw and cooked dairy-free carnivore).
do you skim your goat milk?

YamnayaMommy

Guys, get bags of frozen fruit.

At our Aldo, they have bags of frozen mango chunks, bags of "tropical mix" (papaya, pineapple, mango, and--the well known tropical fruit--strawberries). A bag of mango chunks is 170 calories, with 72 carbs.

Easy recipe to try: put a tablespoon or 2 of gelatin in a cup (or 2) of skim milk, "bloom" gelatin for 30 secs, then cook in microwave for 90 secs, then add your cold mango chunks. The cold mango chunks will semi-gel the skim milk and gelatin mixture. Add some yogurt or ricotta if you want more fat. But it's an easy high protein high fruit carb meal.

GelatinGoblin

At our Aldo, they have bags of frozen mango chunks, bags of "tropical mix" (papaya, pineapple, mango, and--the well known tropical fruit--strawberries). A bag of mango chunks is 170 calories, with 72 carbs.

Easy recipe to try: put a tablespoon or 2 of gelatin in a cup (or 2) of skim milk, "bloom" gelatin for 30 secs, then cook in microwave for 90 secs, then add your cold mango chunks. The cold mango chunks will semi-gel the skim milk and gelatin mixture. Add some yogurt or ricotta if you want more fat. But it's an easy high protein high fruit carb meal.

good only minus the microwave

YamnayaMommy

good only minus the microwave
I used to minimize microwave use until I heard ray peat say it wasn’t harmful. Just use glass containers.
You can obviously adapt this for stovetop. But if you’re trying to reduce kitchen time, microwaving means one less pan to clean.

YamnayaMommy

I recently looked in the supermarket for frozen fruits and found the price to be exorbitant. Maybe this is country specific
Yeah, it might be store specific. Aldi has great prices for frozen fruit. Our local independent grocery store has only super expensive options.

Broken man

Maybe I have bad liver but if I should eat only fruits, I would be eating like 12 hours per day and going to piss every hour :D only banana is good fruit for me.

lvysaur

Yes, frequently—every 1–3 months for over a decade now. My numbers look their best on a low-fat fruitarian diet and now a lacto-fruit diet (400+ g of carbs from skimmed goat milk, melon and grape juices, sukkari dates, freeze-dried mango, dragon fruit and custard apple, honey and Thai coconut water)
One thing I think people don't appreciate is how little meat you'll crave on a dairy-fruit diet. I almost lost my meat craving when eating this way, with my only "meat" being shrimp at dinnertime, occasionally some chicken. Maybe twice a month beef, and I wasn't even really craving it, I just wanted to taste it again.

OP
G

gaze

interesting. i think sprouts has a organic mango chunk bag for 10 dollars with 1300 calories or something around there. decently priced for fruit, although still expensive as a staple. i've never tried it though, but anytime whole fruits involved in the US in always worried about digestive problems. ik frosen is supposed to be riper though. i'm currently drinking uncle matt's Oj which is like 7 dollars for 800 calories, so that's been breaking by bank recently. food is pretty much the only thing i spend money on at this point, other than the normal stuff like taxes, bills etc.

Jennifer

do you skim your goat milk?
Yep, I skim my goat milk myself. I used to use a cream separator until I realized that the milk will separate on its own if left to sit in the fridge. It just takes a bit longer than raw cow’s milk—usually about 5 days for me. The farm I get my milk from refills my 1 liter ball jars so when I get them home, I stick a straw in them and when they’re done separating, I just drink from the bottom until I hit the cream line. Super simple and far cheaper than a cream separator. lol
One thing I think people don't appreciate is how little meat you'll crave on a dairy-fruit diet. I almost lost my meat craving when eating this way, with my only "meat" being shrimp at dinnertime, occasionally some chicken. Maybe twice a month beef, and I wasn't even really craving it, I just wanted to taste it again.
That has been my experience, though, I’ve never been one to crave much meat and honestly never liked most forms of it except for crab and scallops so I’m not sure how it would be for those who love it. What surprises me is how little protein I need from milk to experience its benefits, particularly with maintaining my muscle mass. I’m currently having no more than a liter a day and still maintaining.

GelatinGoblin

I used to minimize microwave use until I heard ray peat say it wasn’t harmful. Just use glass containers.
You can obviously adapt this for stovetop. But if you’re trying to reduce kitchen time, microwaving means one less pan to clean.

eh i still wouldn't do it

pro marker

400 is definitely on higher side, thou possible with little bit of effort. For me, 300g goes down easily even with using whole fruits, but 400g would require some extra invention like sugared milk in morning and evening ..
i eat 500g of honey, 2 liters of milk and some fruits, isnt that allready more than 500? then ill eat a lot of sugars on top of that. dates, pickles, rice... im 23 and my metabolism is probably much higher than most here though.