White Rice = Eczema?

FrostedShores

So I've been incorporating starches into my diet. I respond really well to potatoes and oatmeal, but for some reason, anytime I eat white rice I get eczema flareups on my hands, arms, and shoulders. Any idea what could be causing this? Originally, I thought it was due to the starch, but, as I said, potatoes and oatmeal don't cause any problems for me.

So I've been incorporating starches into my diet. I respond really well to potatoes and oatmeal, but for some reason, anytime I eat white rice I get eczema flareups on my hands, arms, and shoulders. Any idea what could be causing this? Originally, I thought it was due to the starch, but, as I said, potatoes and oatmeal don't cause any problems for me.
Maybe the arsenic?

JamesGatz

I believe generally white rice is harder to digest as other starches - my digestion is really clean and I can handle a range of different starches but rice always takes longer to move than my croissants/potatoes - you could also follow every starchy meal with some insoluble fiber to keep things moving such as pineapple and any digestive reaction is prevented

Some people on this forum are STARCH HATERS and make threads demonizing starch and will claim it's something else but they're just STARCH HATERS at the end of the day

I believe generally white rice is harder to digest as other starches - my digestion is really clean and I can handle a range of different starches but rice always takes longer to move than my croissants/potatoes - you could also follow every starchy meal with some insoluble fiber to keep things moving such as pineapple and any digestive reaction is prevented

Some people on this forum are STARCH HATERS and make threads demonizing starch and will claim it's something else but they're just STARCH HATERS at the end of the day
Don’t act like an idiot James. I am not a starch hater. I eat pupusas often and other starches like pizza the last two days. I just didn’t when I was wanting to lose weight or when my health wasn’t the best. Am I happy when I eat pizza, sure while I am eating it, but I know my body would have liked better. Now what I do hate is people posing like they are somebody they are not. You need to quit trying to gain popularity using someone else’s identity, I don’t think Jordan Barett would be happy. I feel like an idiot listening to you and being impressed with what I though was your photo. For all I know you are a 300 hundred pound bald guy or even a 15 year old. You wanna keep following me around with something to say then I got something to say too? I didn’t come looking for you so don’t come for me.

JamesGatz

Don’t act like an idiot James. I am not a starch hater. I eat pupusas often and other starches like pizza the last two days. I just didn’t when I was wanting to lose weight or when my health wasn’t the best. Am I happy when I eat pizza, sure while I am eating it, but I know my body would have liked better. Now what I do hate is people posing like they are somebody they are not. You need to quit trying to gain popularity using someone else’s identity, I don’t think Jordan Barett would be happy. I feel like an idiot listening to you and being impressed with what I though was your photo. For all I know you are a 300 hundred pound bald guy or even a 15 year old. You wanna keep following me around with something to say then I got something to say too? I didn’t come looking for you so don’t come for me.
Haha I wouldn't worry about that - I wouldn't be giving out the advice that I do unless I was pulling the results I'm pulling

All of my advice is 100% true and it takes 2 minutes to confirm whether any of it is true - you don't need any pictures to confirm I know what I'm talking about when you can conduct a simple experiment to confirm I know what I'm talking about

Haha I wouldn't worry about that - I wouldn't be giving out the advice that I do unless I was pulling the results I'm pulling

All of my advice is 100% true and it takes 2 minutes to confirm whether any of it is true - you don't need any pictures to confirm I know what I'm talking about when you can conduct a simple experiment to confirm I know what I'm talking about
You are so full of it. Here is my pic from 3 days ago, so give us a little peak at you. This isn’t the first time I have asked you to put your money where your mouth is.

Attachments

• 00DCFEDC-56DC-44D2-B494-0C8FFBD9A3EC.jpeg
    00DCFEDC-56DC-44D2-B494-0C8FFBD9A3EC.jpeg
    259 KB · Views: 69
By the way the OP didn’t says anything about digestion.

“Prenatal and childhood exposure to inorganic arsenic were found to be significantly associated with the occurrence of asthma and allergic rhinitis in children, respectively.”

JamesGatz

You are so full of it. Here is my pic from 3 days ago, so give us a little peak at you. This isn’t the first time I have asked you to put your money where your mouth is.
What would you like to know ? You want me to post my stats and send pics of my body parts?

Do you want to confirm that I look good? I will literally bet my life savings I have a better facial structure than ANY (and I do EMPHASIZE ANY) women on this forum and it's not even close - it's not even REMOTELY close and that's not even taking into account my physical stats

I'll put it this way - I look good enough where I get 5+ minute long STARES from females in public - whether she's alone, married or is with her boyfriend it doesn't matter - if I wanted that I could have that and she would be DOWN

Unlike you - I'm a young guy working on my career with my whole life ahead of myself -

Do you REALLY think I would be foolish enough to DOXXX myself when half of my posts on this forum would get me fired from ANY workplace I'm apart of now and in the future?

I also was thinking about arsenic. It would be great to do Haidut's mineral analysis to confirm.
A few years ago I had an arm rash from chemicals in my new leather sofa that would flare up when I would eat rice. I got an even stronger reaction from brown rice. Now that I have washed my sofa and don’t sit in it regularly, the chemicals in my arm are gone and I don’t get that rash, but it was a good indicator that my body gets inflamed when I eat rice, even though I have no other indicators that it is so.

crestind

That's funny. When I fail to eat enough starch, particularly rice, I develop skin problems.

Rice is supposed to be more digestible than other starches though afaik.

OP
F

FrostedShores

“Prenatal and childhood exposure to inorganic arsenic were found to be significantly associated with the occurrence of asthma and allergic rhinitis in children, respectively.”

Interesting. I did notice I was having trouble breathing around the same time I had rice, but at the time I just chalked it up to seasonal allergies. Maybe it was the rice/arsenic? Thanks for the input! Any idea what else contains arsenic? I'd like to do a little experiment to find out for sure! ;) Also, do you know of any ways to avoid arsenic in rice? Do you eat rice yourself? Thanks again!

Last edited:
OP
F

FrostedShores

I didn't notice any issues with digestion. I take digestive enzymes that include bromelain from pineapples.

I was on the starch-hating train for a while, but after looking into it more, I'm not sure it's the evil a lot of people claim it to be. And I've been feeling great on potatoes and oatmeal!

OP
F

FrostedShores

I don't think this would be the cause. Isn't Aspirin a salicylate? I take about 3g a day, and have for almost three months, and haven't had any problems. I also use coconut oil, which I believe contains salicylates, as well.

OP
F

FrostedShores

That's funny. When I fail to eat enough starch, particularly rice, I develop skin problems.

Rice is supposed to be more digestible than other starches though afaik.
My skin has been looking better since incorporating potatoes and oatmeal: less redness on my face, more hydrated, less dandruff (though still not optimal). It's just the rice that causes problems.

Interesting. I did notice I was having trouble breathing around the same time I had rice, but at the time I just chalked it up to seasonal allergies. Maybe it was the rice/arsenic? Thanks for the input! Any idea what else contains arsenic? I'd like to do a little experiment to find out for sure! ;) Also, do you know of any ways to avoid arsenic in rice? Do you eat rice yourself? Thanks again!
I know apple seeds have arsenic and so then does some of the juices, but I don’t know anything else offhand. I don’t eat rice unless I am having sushi. I was having sprouted brown rice and brown rice cereal, but knowing my body doesn’t appreciate rice, I haven’t had either in more than two months now.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals