White rice causing depression and anhedonia

Grouptose

I wanted to confirm that this was true, today I avoided white rice until the evening, I only ate meat, sweet potatoes and fruit earlier. I started feeling way better today, the previous days I was feeling anhedonic and depressed every day and today I had lots of motivation. When I ate white rice again in the evening the same thing happened, I fell back in the anhedonia/foggy disconnected feeling that I was in before, I went right back into it after one bowl of rice. Another thing (I think someone mentioned this) is that white rice makes my balls go numb, and it's not even a slight numbing sometimes, it occasionally gets almost just as numb as when I used to take antidepressants, similar feeling in brain aswell. Is it raising serotonin somehow?

Is it the starch? It can't be because I ate sweet potatoes in the morning. Is it the gluten? No because rice doesn't even have gluten.
So I'm kind of confused on this, but I'm probably just gonna avoid rice for a long time since I've also had some issues digesting it recently which I didn't have before.

milk_lover

Rice causes the same issue for me. Bloated weak physically and mentally. I guess the rice is not as well cooked as other starches like white bread. I tolerate bread much better than rice.

Try soaking it for at least 24hours using a tablespoon of ACV for every cup of water you use. Tastes loads better and i have zero issues with rice or oats when i do this. I don't think there is any need to overcomplicate the matter either and you could put the change in mood down to sluggish digestion not being able to break down the gluten like proteins in rice and oats Oryzenin and Avenin, but soaking them makes them far more easier to digest which means you can also absorb then minerals from them.

yerrag

I don't know why that happens to you guys, as context matters.

I can only say that I used to have hypoglycemia eating white rice, and for the longest time I used brown rice and I felt better as brown rice doesn't quickly get digested and assimilated as white rice, because of the fiber content. White rice is like a flash flood in the middle of summer in Arizona, while brown rice is like a slow stream flowing. The same volume of water takes longer to pass in the slow stream, and I'm not deluged with water where I will drown in it in a flash flood. That water stays longer flowing in the stream and I spend more time canoeing in that stream, whereas the ravine where the flash flood passed thru would be quickly empty of water.

So the brown rice intake keeps a steady flow of sugar that lasts throughout the time between meals, and I do not feel low on sugar.

But this is simply my way of compensating for my poor blood regulation because I have too much PUFA in the system. This gets in the way of my tissues absorbing blood sugar well and metabolizing sugar efficiently. When this happens, blood sugar quickly goes up like a flash flood would cause the water levels in a ravine would go up. But unlike the ravine in a flash flood, our body reacts to the high blood sugar by secreting a lot of insulin. This causes the blood sugar to be converted to fatty acids by the liver, often causing the blood sugar levels to plummet to low blood sugar levels.

I went cold turkey on PUFAs for at least 4 years, and I tested myself eating white rice and saw that I no longer felt hypoglycemic. I then took a teaspoon of table sugar in between meals, to see if I would get the feeling of hypoglycemia that leads to me having a runny nose and coughing, and having a hiccup. None of that happened. To test myself on how well I can maintain a stable blood sugar that isn't too high nor too low, I skipped a meal. I felt nothing like being hungry or sleepy, nor having an adrenalin effect. I then went on a fast for a whole day. And I tested my blood sugar value and it stayed at 84 all throughout this time. That's when I realized I finally fixed my poor blood sugar condition.

Now I am on white rice instead of brown. Brown rice tends to become moldy, so that is an added plus of being on white rice.

However, it would be too simplistic to say PUFAs are the sole cause of poor blood sugar control. Some bacteria produce enzymes that interfere with good blood sugar control, and heavy metals such as mercury can affect it also.

I think that if you're methodical in eliminating each and every possibility, along the way you can feel something change in you. It's not just one thing, but a lot of things. You may find yourself not being prone to colds and coughs and flu (and even COVID). And you could find yourself being less allergic, or even not be allergic anymore. I lost my allergic rhinitis this way by the way. From where I was to where I am now, I have to be thankful as it's not often you can say your health has improved. It's when I start to rely on doctors to do the thinking for me that I was able to break the cycle.

Try soaking it for at least 24hours using a tablespoon of ACV for every cup of water you use. Tastes loads better and i have zero issues with rice or oats when i do this. I don't think there is any need to overcomplicate the matter either and you could put the change in mood down to sluggish digestion not being able to break down the gluten like proteins in rice and oats Oryzenin and Avenin, but soaking them makes them far more easier to digest which means you can also absorb then minerals from them.
This! Soaking makes the more tasty also.

Birdie

Thank you.

Last edited:
OP
Grouptose

Grouptose

I would try that but apple cider vinegar slows my stomach down a lot, like I can eat food and it will stay in my stomach for hours without being digested, thanks for telling me about the gluten like proteins in rice that would explain the difficulty in digestion

Makrosky

I get very bad symptoms from it as well (feel hypo, brain fog and depression). I would say it is the only food it affects me so badly, so quickly, so pronouncedly.

Specially if it is just the boiled rice. If it is cooked in a risotto or paella style then it is not as bad.

I tried different strains of rice to see if that would make a difference but it doesn't.

Will try soaking it. Sounds clever.

laleto12

the person you mention in your post who told rice made his penis/balls numb is probably me.

I think this is gonna sound bizarre but I am nearly sure that rice is making me more feminine (character wise). I feel like a child who needs its mother. More emotional etc. I am stopping white rice as of today. I will update. We’ll see if my speculation is true. I will swap it with potatoes/white sweet potatoes.

OP
Grouptose

Grouptose

the person you mention in your post who told rice made his penis/balls numb is probably me.

I think this is gonna sound bizarre but I am nearly sure that rice is making me more feminine (character wise). I feel like a child who needs its mother. More emotional etc. I am stopping white rice as of today. I will update. We’ll see if my speculation is true. I will swap it with potatoes/white sweet potatoes.
Holy ***t, I froze for about 30 seconds after reading your comment and had the biggest realization ever. The exact same ***t happened to me. Today I ate rice again and I felt like a little boy, my face literally looks like a woman aswell. When I quit rice for a day the problem resolves itself. I have a belief now that rice was used to feminize people back in the day, it is a grain after all, and slaves ate grains. But it's weird, I feel obedient, sad, worthless, anxious and confused after eating rice or any grain.

milk_lover

Yesterday I ate a lot of white rice at lunch with the family. My stomach was distilled and bloated until this morning. I was angry yesterday shouting at my uncles who wanted me to pay for something I am not convinced of. Usually, I can speak fluently with calmness and my points get heard easily. But there was a sharp pain in my stomach making me angry and lethargic. Weird weird stuff. Grains in general cause some problems for me like oats and white bread if I over do them, but rice is the worst offender!

Speaking of feminine features, yesterday I felt more feminine than my partner. My penis was numb. And stomach looks like a preggo cow (pregnant women are beautiful).

Moral of the story, if you want to ruin your weekend (moody, no sexual pleasure, anxiety, anti-social), eat a large bowl of rice.

OP
Grouptose

Grouptose

Yesterday I ate a lot of white rice at lunch with the family. My stomach was distilled and bloated until this morning. I was angry yesterday shouting at my uncles who wanted me to pay for something I am not convinced of. Usually, I can speak fluently with calmness and my points get heard easily. But there was a sharp pain in my stomach making me angry and lethargic. Weird weird stuff. Grains in general cause some problems for me like oats and white bread if I over do them, but rice is the worst offender!

Speaking of feminine features, yesterday I felt more feminine than my partner. My penis was numb. And stomach looks like a preggo cow (pregnant women are beautiful).

Moral of the story, if you want to ruin your weekend (moody, no sexual pleasure, anxiety, anti-social), eat a large bowl of rice.
Facts

SonOfEurope

For me wheat is more troublesome... but any starch if combined with meat really.... terrible combo.

Pre-soaked thai Jasmine + leafy greens and some CO with salt gives me energy for hours, without the bloating i get from other starches save sweet potato.

jet9

How did potato/sweet potato swap go?

Vins7

I don't know why that happens to you guys, as context matters.

I can only say that I used to have hypoglycemia eating white rice, and for the longest time I used brown rice and I felt better as brown rice doesn't quickly get digested and assimilated as white rice, because of the fiber content. White rice is like a flash flood in the middle of summer in Arizona, while brown rice is like a slow stream flowing. The same volume of water takes longer to pass in the slow stream, and I'm not deluged with water where I will drown in it in a flash flood. That water stays longer flowing in the stream and I spend more time canoeing in that stream, whereas the ravine where the flash flood passed thru would be quickly empty of water.

So the brown rice intake keeps a steady flow of sugar that lasts throughout the time between meals, and I do not feel low on sugar.

But this is simply my way of compensating for my poor blood regulation because I have too much PUFA in the system. This gets in the way of my tissues absorbing blood sugar well and metabolizing sugar efficiently. When this happens, blood sugar quickly goes up like a flash flood would cause the water levels in a ravine would go up. But unlike the ravine in a flash flood, our body reacts to the high blood sugar by secreting a lot of insulin. This causes the blood sugar to be converted to fatty acids by the liver, often causing the blood sugar levels to plummet to low blood sugar levels.

I went cold turkey on PUFAs for at least 4 years, and I tested myself eating white rice and saw that I no longer felt hypoglycemic. I then took a teaspoon of table sugar in between meals, to see if I would get the feeling of hypoglycemia that leads to me having a runny nose and coughing, and having a hiccup. None of that happened. To test myself on how well I can maintain a stable blood sugar that isn't too high nor too low, I skipped a meal. I felt nothing like being hungry or sleepy, nor having an adrenalin effect. I then went on a fast for a whole day. And I tested my blood sugar value and it stayed at 84 all throughout this time. That's when I realized I finally fixed my poor blood sugar condition.

Now I am on white rice instead of brown. Brown rice tends to become moldy, so that is an added plus of being on white rice.

However, it would be too simplistic to say PUFAs are the sole cause of poor blood sugar control. Some bacteria produce enzymes that interfere with good blood sugar control, and heavy metals such as mercury can affect it also.

I think that if you're methodical in eliminating each and every possibility, along the way you can feel something change in you. It's not just one thing, but a lot of things. You may find yourself not being prone to colds and coughs and flu (and even COVID). And you could find yourself being less allergic, or even not be allergic anymore. I lost my allergic rhinitis this way by the way. From where I was to where I am now, I have to be thankful as it's not often you can say your health has improved. It's when I start to rely on doctors to do the thinking for me that I was able to break the cycle.
Could you explain more about the bacteria that produce enzymes that interfere with good Blood sugar control?

yerrag

Could you explain more about the bacteria that produce enzymes that interfere with good Blood sugar control?
I had periodontal disease and the bacteria from the periodontal spaces can get into our blood vessels and take residence in our blood vessels endothelial walls. They can produce an enzyme that interferes with how our body naturally reacts with a high sudden load of sugar, as in a meal. It would cause the insulin response by the pancreas to behave differently. I've posted this more clearly before in a thread or a post, but since it's a while already, I can't offhand be more specific.

But taking berberine, which comes from a Chinese herb, would be a way to eliminate these enzymes. But the surefire way is to eliminate these bacteria, which is easier said than done.

Runenight201

I had periodontal disease and the bacteria from the periodontal spaces can get into our blood vessels and take residence in our blood vessels endothelial walls. They can produce an enzyme that interferes with how our body naturally reacts with a high sudden load of sugar, as in a meal. It would cause the insulin response by the pancreas to behave differently. I've posted this more clearly before in a thread or a post, but since it's a while already, I can't offhand be more specific.

But taking berberine, which comes from a Chinese herb, would be a way to eliminate these enzymes. But the surefire way is to eliminate these bacteria, which is easier said than done.

Very interested in this. What’s the best way to take Berberine? I definitely have blood sugar regulation problem, which I can circumvent by a diet high in animal fats and vegetation, but I’d like to be able to healthfully eat some starches again.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals