Allergy To White Rice, And Other Carbs, But Not With Potatoes

Max.

So i trying to understand why, i have problems with white rice, sweet potatos and bread,my symptons when i eat white rice is huge sleepiness, sometimes headaches, and drop in libido even in small amounts (100g), when i eat sweet potatoes i have the same symptons, when i eat bread i have only a little sleep, i dont have observated anothers carbs , because i stop eating this foods actually trying to lose weight, so i am eating another types of carbs like guava paste etc

When i eat potatoes, i feel more energy,and never sleepy,libido normal, etc i can eat like 1kg or even more and i dont feel any sleepy, thats so strange, and i dont understand why this happens, someone can help me?

kiran

Do you add coconut oil or butter to your rice? Plain rice can be allergenic.

tara

I seem to feel better for potatoes than rice or bread, and can only enjoy small amounts of sweet potato. I was guessing that I'm benefitting from the potassium in the potatoes, and that I have a limited capacity for the carotenes or something in the sweet potato. I eat both potatoes and rice most days, but try to favour more potatoes and eat fruit or veges with the rice.

OP
Max.

Max.

Do you add coconut oil or butter to your rice? Plain rice can be allergenic.
No, but if i add how can this help?And about sweet potato,bread,etc?

I seem to feel better for potatoes than rice or bread, and can only enjoy small amounts of sweet potato. I was guessing that I'm benefitting from the potassium in the potatoes, and that I have a limited capacity for the carotenes or something in the sweet potato. I eat both potatoes and rice most days, but try to favour more potatoes and eat fruit or veges with the rice.

Yeah, exactly what happens with me, but i am trying to understand why this happens,..

tara

Yeah, exactly what happens with me, but i am trying to understand why this happens,..
One hypothesis is that I need potassium and maybe other minerals in order to make good use of the starches/glucose. Therefore starches without potassium etc may just raise blood sugar without providing the necessary cosubstances for converting it to energy, and this makes it more of a stress than a benefit to the body.

kiran

The fat will coat the rice, and hopefully prevent the immune response. Its worth a shot. The same logic might apply to sweet potatoes as well.

kiran

When I asked Ray about white rice disturbing my gut, heres his response:

"Butter is protective with starch, and it has a mild antiseptic effect; I often use a little penicillin when I think a food has disturbed my intestinal flora. Different types of antibiotic can be combined or alternated, and very small doses can be helpful for digestive problems. The types I have used most often are penicillin VK, tetracycline, and erythromycin."

OP
Max.

Max.

sorry for the late response,thank u for the information i will try to add butter to rice and eat with sweet potato
But i still dont understand why this happen only with others startchs and not white potatos..

jet9

sorry for the late response,thank u for the information i will try to add butter to rice and eat with sweet potato
But i still dont understand why this happen only with others startchs and not white potatos..

Max how are your experiments going? I wonder how you tolerate fruits? And if you found other starch sources that you feel good on besides white potatoes.

Travis

It could be the solanine, which appears to act like a mineralocorticoid agent. Plants make phytosterols which are very similar to and sometimes even identical to mammalian steroid hormones. These are usually found in the highest concentration in the roots (i.e. the 'steroid yams' of Dioscorea, androgenic ashwagandha) and solanine in high levels 'poisons' in the way you'd expect from a mineralocorticoid—there are cardiac effects and increased sweating. Starches can have different glycemic indices due to the degree of branching and packing of the polysaccharides, but I don't see how these small differences would have much effect; I would bet on this being mediated by solanine, the membrane mineralocorticoid receptor, the Na⁺∶K⁺ ratio, the adrenal cortex, and perhaps cortisol. The white potato appears to be a rather simple food, with the only characteristic departure from rice in my view is its solanine content and glycemic index (and the vitamins and minerals of course—potatoes sill being a whole food).

Wagner83

Like tara pointed out and I think ray has said, potassium can spare insulin, this may be one of the reasons why some people do better with them, or with fresh orange juice (+ bioflavonoids) in their meals. They also have more fiber than rice which may dampen the insulin response. Amazoniac suggested beet greens as a good source of potassium to have with carbs. He also mentioned the importance of having way more potassium than calcium to digest/process them better, sweet potatoes are higher in calcium but I'm not sure it's high enough to be an issue . They are higher in fructose and beta-carotene as well. I can't eat anywhere near a kg of them, unlike potatoes they disgust me way below that amount. Half potatoes, half sweet potatoes is ok.

OP
Max.

Max.

Max how are your experiments going? I wonder how you tolerate fruits? And if you found other starch sources that you feel good on besides white potatoes.

Hey jet9, i stopped my experiments last year on november after a bad breakup. Actually suffering a lot of health conditions including low libido , ED , low energy etc and cant finding a way to back to my normal life.

I have difficult to digest oranges, apples, but okay with guavas, papaya etc..

I cant tolerate sweet potatoes and oats without become bloat and still with same problems with rice....

Right now i am sick and with a lot of fever so..

i am not following anything actually lol

Thanks @Wagner83 and
@Travis for trying to help

A. squamosa

raw/unprepared oranges and apples have high pectin and cellulose - cook apples (e.g. stew) and juice oranges, straining them of all their pulp.

probably just avoid stuff that is giving you noticeable issues, too. Otherwise just try different preparations, you can soak oats overnight with milk and lemon juice then bake them, that might make them more manageable. Personally, I just avoid them.

Amazoniac

The following words have nothing to do with selling cocaine online.

Deficiencies of B-vitamins might be involved in these problems. Experimenting one by one usually doesn't work.

It can explain the reaction to rice and bread. With sweet potatoes, if they are the orange type, the nottheonethathaventpostedfordays-carotene might be diverting the scarce vitamins to its metabolism. If you increase a given nutrient in which the cofactors are deficient, you can accentuate the problem.

Rayzord believes that orange sweet potatoes not only provide too much carotene, but it also interferes with starch digestion. He commented this during an interview.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals