White Rice causing numb penis (weird)

laleto12

Hello, I might have this problem with rice

What is the mechanism? Whenever I a big bowl of white rice my penis gets numb. It might be lowering my libido as well Im not sure.

Other starches dont do this but they cause other problems. And I cant sustain my caloric needs with sugar sources. I couldnt somehow find a good source of carbs.

Does anybody have this problem?

Vanset

what kind of rice? jasmine? basmati?

other starches don't cause these problems, other starches such as?

OP
laleto12

laleto12

what kind of rice? jasmine? basmati?

other starches don't cause these problems, other starches such as?
Its neither. Just plain medium-grain white rice.

What I mean by other starches is potatoes, wheat, oatmeal etc.

Vanset

it could be numerous things. sudden rise in blood sugar from high gi white rice type, problem with rice protein or even what pina posted. i guess your bet is to try different rice. try basmati

Vanset

could be. in that case i suggest adding a teaspoon of coconut oil (per 100g of raw rice) and some ginger. see if it changes anything

OP
laleto12

laleto12

The rice could be feeding endotoxin
could be. in that case i suggest adding a teaspoon of coconut oil (per 100g of raw rice) and some ginger. see if it changes anything
I cooked the rice with coconut oil.

And I think potatoes give me a worse endotoxin reaction so this might be something else.

I’ve heard that white rice might lower DHT so that might be it?

Vanset

the dht lowering study was about an extract of brown rice bran so it's very unlikely, but not impossible

Inabruzzo

Forum Supporter
I had been pretty starch-free for a few months. The occasional sourdough or sliced bread piece or two max. I was getting a little bored with my current lineup of carb sources. I wanted to add back a starch to see how I felt so I added back in white, short grain rice. I cooked it with a little acid/grapefruit and organic chicken stock. I are this three days in a row with protein and a little fat.

I noticed one day later when I was running some typical marketing/data tasks from my home office, that I became obsessive, nervous and weirdly high strung and about the data and results. I kept checking and re-checking my results and all were correct and typical.

Only after 1-2 days did I come to the realization of the spikey heart races at night after rice and the strange and specific nerves on end for no reason that it was starch related.

No numb penis, but definitely some pins and needles on my right hand during the rice bowl experience/experiment.

ThunderSpank

White rice powerfully lowers my libido as well as causes depression. Potatoes, wheat, etc dont do that to me. I've long suspected that even white rice has a chemical or chemicals that mess with 5 - AR ( lowering DHT and probably allopregnanolone). I dont buy into the pufa in the bran argument as many saturated fat sources have more of the specified pufa in them, but without the side effects. Also, if it was a saturated to pufa ratio issue then why wouldn't butter fix my symptoms. Rinsing rice a few times, boiling it, then draining the water away before eating, massively lowers the arsenic content. This is what I've noticed from personal controlled food trial and error experiments.

Hello, I might have this problem with rice

What is the mechanism? Whenever I a big bowl of white rice my penis gets numb. It might be lowering my libido as well Im not sure.

Other starches dont do this but they cause other problems. And I cant sustain my caloric needs with sugar sources. I couldnt somehow find a good source of carbs.

Does anybody have this problem?

"The penis contains many nerve endings, and it is usually very sensitive. Numbness can occur when a person sits in a certain position for a long time. It can also result from low testosterone levels, another health issue, or an injury."

TheSir

Only after 1-2 days did I come to the realization of the spikey heart races at night after rice and the strange and specific nerves on end for no reason that it was starch related.
Was this pure rice or rice + fat? I get such symptoms when combining rice with fat, but plain rice seems to cause no symptoms.