Short Grain White Rice And Sucrose And Potatoes

andy

Hi guys i think i need a little help.Have been eating to put on some weight(muscle) but running into problems.I initially used potatoes (with skin and steamed for 40 mins)as my main carb source at each meal.Initially great but after about 2 weeks got a very coated tongue and my fingernail has fungus growth.Doctor said i have candida overgrowth.stopped potatoes.Started eating short grain rice and my tongue seems to have cleared up and some acne seems to have gotten smaller.Problem is my skin on face no t l that clear.When i have no rice and start having apple juice and milk and white sugar my skin looks better but i seem to bloat up and get a pot belly.shame because i like the taste of sugar.Also i feel stronger with about 10 tablespoons of white sugar.what to do.the white rice seems to help but how can i incorporate the white sugar into my diet and not bloat up.i tried coca cola and that gives me the runs and hurts my guts.does eating the sugar indicate fructose malabsorption and should i not eat it.yesterday i eat a banana and boy did i bloat up .i dont want to eat alot of fat since that makes me very tired .the white sugar does seem to make my sense of happiness go up if that makes any sense.also my legs seem to be getting weaker and sucrose seem to be the only thing that helps .thanks.

OP
A

andy

I know this because when i did not have the sugar and had the rice with milk in the diet i did not get the bloating.Adding the white sugar bloats me.if i stop having it the bloating eventually goes down.

vb2005

You can try jasmine rice, sushi rice, rice milk, rice syrup, dextrose, barley malt , this are the easiest to digest carbs thats why they have very high glycemic index. On the other side are parboiled rice and resistant starch foods as unripe bananas. I also read a study claiming that green grapes is safe for fructose malabsorbtion but i dont believe it.

OP
A

andy

Thanks .i will incorporate these into my diet and see what happens